The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We missed out by 2 goals you utter tedious bore. 

Congratulations. 

On 29/04/2021 at 17:41, FTOF said:

McGrath offers so much more to a team than goals, so I'm unsure as to why people seem to be concentrating on the number of goals he's scored.

Also, a players assists rely on strikers actually being able to score from the passes made to them. Our forwards haven't exactly been prolific this season. 

When you actually have seen every minute that McGrath has played this season, you can see how good a player he is.

However, he's not the finished article. He needs to improve his shooting for a start. He's a very brave player and doesn't hide, and he's got bags of energy. His delivery from set pieces has been consistently good too. He also gets booted about the place by opposition carthorses and he just gets up and gets on with it.

If he were to go, it would probably be for a fee around £500K, with a decent sell on. It might rise if there's some competition for his signature.

Well today was a step forward in this respect.

A great strike for his 16th goal of the season.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm just glad he got onto the park so the scout from AC Milan didn't have a wasted trip.

Barcelona surely?

Messi is taking a pay cut to fund their summer spending spree apparently.

42 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm just glad he got onto the park so the scout from AC Milan didn't have a wasted trip.

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Barcelona surely?

f**k sake guys, that's going to be at least 3 days of Randomguy and a couple of weird Aberdeen fans not getting the joke.

Is it too early yet to change the name of this thread yet again. 

Was it not top 4/6 and then winning best of the rest.

When does it become trying to finish above Motherwell for the 1st time in over 30 years ? Asking for a friend......

Edited by welldaft

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Barcelona surely?

Sorry guys, after all that it was that weird perma-raging Motherwell fan who turned up first. Apologies to Randomguy most of all.

24 minutes ago, GAD said:

Sorry guys, after all that it was that weird perma-raging Motherwell fan who turned up first. Apologies to Randomguy most of all.

Not raging at all. 

I know your place is permanently below Motherwell in the league. I was genuinely concerned that may not b the case this season. Especially with your best team in 30 years....

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

18 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not raging at all. 

I know your place is permanently below Motherwell in the league. I was genuinely concerned that may not b the case this season. Especially with your best team in 30 years....

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I wouldn't like to speak for every St Mirren fan obviously, but Motherwell mean absolutely nothing to me. You've clearly built up some big rivalry in your head, but what's really happened is you've just been wound up a bit by St Mirren fans through the years. You have to remember though, we do that to everyone and it's nothing personal.

11 minutes ago, GAD said:

I wouldn't like to speak for every St Mirren fan obviously, but Motherwell mean absolutely nothing to me. You've clearly built up some big rivalry in your head, but what's really happened is you've just been wound up a bit by St Mirren fans through the years. You have to remember though, we do that to everyone and it's nothing personal.

Two words. Captain Sensible...

St Mirren would be rivals if they did not consistently finish below us. 

St Mirren are to us what Morton are to you. Nuisance value.

Anyway I am out of here. Best of luck in the cup semi final - seriously 👍

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I work near Motherwell,  it's a terrible place.  Best of luck in your next semi final- seriously 👍

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He sure posts on our threads a lot considering we're just 'nuisance value'. I'm trying to remember if I've ever posted on the Motherwell thread.

Bless him.

Must have got a knock back in Paris nightclub in the 80's .

27 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Jesus mate, I don't think Captain Sensible has posted on here for nearly 10 years. You need to let it go, this isn't good for you.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

Jesus mate, I don't think Captain Sensible has posted on here for nearly 10 years. You need to let it go, this isn't good for you.

Tbf Motherwell is about 10 years behind in most things.