The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Just a word of warning for any of the Northbank lads that may be on here, it's looking likely that Livi are going to be taking a harder stance of pitch invasions. Latest thing said on it was "Clubs can identify the fuckwitts from seat details. Why wouldn't you ban them?". Seems very likely that going forward we may issue a good few bans to those found invading the park, not sure if this includes yesterday's game to be fair though. 

Seems likely that we're trying to push for clubs to have liability for their fans behaviour 

Considering very few fans actually sit in their actual designated seats, I would imagine it would be difficult for clubs to accurately identify these invaders. 

As for yesterday, think there was about 5 wee guys that went over the wall and quickly went back to their seats. Would hardly call it a pitch invasion.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Considering very few fans actually sit in their actual designated seats, I would imagine it would be difficult for clubs to accurately identify these invaders. 

As for yesterday, think there was about 5 wee guys that went over the wall and quickly went back to their seats. Would hardly call it a pitch invasion.

I think for the goal that was chopped off for being offside there was a good 20-30, fair enough it wasn't the same as Aberdeen's but it's adding up to the club getting a bit annoyed at it continuing to happen. 

From the looks of it the club are asking St Mirren to cooperate and identify those who did invade the park alongside the tickets. 

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think for the goal that was chopped off for being offside there was a good 20-30, fair enough it wasn't the same as Aberdeen's but it's adding up to the club getting a bit annoyed at it continuing to happen. 

From the looks of it the club are asking St Mirren to cooperate and identify those who did invade the park alongside the tickets. 

Interesting to see this play out. Relationship between club and fans currently quite fraught.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Interesting to see this play out. Relationship between club and fans currently quite fraught.

Was thinking the same as I had been loosely following some of the issues Northbank have had. Especially with police turning up at peoples doors as well. 

From Livi's side of it, it's to do with it being a security risk and a COVID risk/breach of protocols. From the sounds of it we may complain to the SPFL about it being a COVID risk to our players and ask for clubs to be directly liable for fan behaviour. I can't see us capping away attendances but from what I see, we may want clubs to be fined/punished further for continued breaches. 

If nothing else it should very nicely put a shackle on the Old Firm clubs who are the worst offenders for that kind of shite

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Was thinking the same as I had been loosely following some of the issues Northbank have had. Especially with police turning up at peoples doors as well. 

From Livi's side of it, it's to do with it being a security risk and a COVID risk/breach of protocols. From the sounds of it we may complain to the SPFL about it being a COVID risk to our players and ask for clubs to be directly liable for fan behaviour. I can't see us capping away attendances but from what I see, we may want clubs to be fined/punished further for continued breaches. 

If nothing else it should very nicely put a shackle on the Old Firm clubs who are the worst offenders for that kind of shite

obi-wan kenobi not the droids GIF

These are not the Buddies you are looking for…….

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

:lol:

Not a chance, if it was Celtic or Rangers fans that landed on the pitch, you lot wouldn't be complaining and if you did you'd be given short shrift by either OF. This is only happening because you feel you can put pressure on us.

Should the fans have gotten on the pitch? No, but while there is no excuse we've seen this quite a bit since fans have been allowed back. I'd expect it to die down of it's own accord.

Will the club dob in our support? Perhaps, they are sort of caught in a situation where they sort of have to, it'll be bad optics not to. Equally it'll also rustle a lot of jimmies if it's felt the club hung those fans out to dry.

Edited by Ric

Just a word of warning for any of the Northbank lads that may be on here, it's looking likely that Livi are going to be taking a harder stance of pitch invasions. Latest thing said on it was "Clubs can identify the fuckwitts from seat details. Why wouldn't you ban them?". Seems very likely that going forward we may issue a good few bans to those found invading the park, not sure if this includes yesterday's game to be fair though. 

Seems likely that we're trying to push for clubs to have liability for their fans behaviour 
Unless people sit in their allocated seats they cannot be identified. And in Scottish football unless a game is a sellout no-one sits in their 'allocated' seats and clubs do nothing to enforce it.

Stewards should huckle those that jump over the barriers and get them arrested or thrown out the stadium to help prevent pitch invasions.

This was discussed in the most recent OldFirmFacts podcast (ironically under the header 'It's Only Livingston'), and the panel broadly took a very sympathetic view towards the pitch invaders, defending their right to get a bit excited about goals after a year and half of shite.

I can understand clubs getting twitchy if there's a chance they could get in trouble for failing to control, etc, or if there are Covid-related implications, but I'm hoping this will all be handled in a very light-touch way at this stage. I'm inclined to think the novelty will wear off pretty quickly* now the crowds are back in properly. 

* That's reliant on us scoring goals on a semi-frequent basis, admittedly.

21 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Fans invading the pitch is always cringeworthy, there are no exceptions.

I dunno, I think for promotions/cup wins/the playoff win, it feels ok. Celebratory rather than antagonistic. But yeah, for individual goals it's not for me.

We don't know how many, if any, overtures there has been from our club to others in regard to McCarthy so we can't really judge as to whether this is Ross targetting him or Goodwin advertising him.

That said, Jack Ross who pretty much would need to shit on your carpet to stop him being a legend around Paisley, is currently dropping his trousers and curling one out on your rug (and that rug really tied the room together).

The only reason for McCarthy not being in the team this season must be because his head has been turned for a move, there is no other reasonable explanation. He's by far and away our best centre half. He can do much better than Hibs but in the immediate term he can earn himself a bit more money and probably get more exposure by moving there. Hibs would be a better move than Rotherham. 

I can't imagine Goodwin would be touting him to others, we need him and if he goes desperately need a replacement of similar calibre. I hope we just avoid the calamitous episode of putting out any statements about offers and do it quietly if it is to happen. McCarthy will move within the next year I think that is obvious. He's worth more than Magennis was to us this time last year.