The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can't believe spme would want Goodwin out. Just sack him get the next manager in get relegated and stay in the championship for the next decade and be done with it.  Unbelievable.  

I never said anything about sacking the manager, it’s inevitable in football that if results don’t improve every manager’s head is on the block. I’d like to see Jim swallow his pride and change the system, he desperately needs to find a couple of natural wide players in the Jan window.

Chill out Ian 🙂

Members vote on 2022/23 home strip
Our thanks go to everyone who voted in the recent members poll to choose St Mirren’s home strips for next season. The vote has now closed and the option chosen by the members will now go into production, and will be revealed in the summer.
Production timelines required us to hold the vote at this time, but doing that while so far out from the next season brings a few variables, with the strip designs subject to change.
After the initial designs went out to the vote, the SPFL confirmed to the clubs that red numbers would be allowed next season. This let Joma change the initial samples and – in line with member feedback – they have now incorporated stripes on the sleeves and on the back of the winning design.
This is the first season we have been working with Alan Provan from the club’s retailers Provan Sports and his professionalism will be an asset to SMiSA going forward. Looking to the future, we hope to be able to ask members to submit your own designs for at least one of the strips for season 2023/2024.

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Care to expand? First I’ve heard of this. Surely to f**k their can’t be a power struggle already?

Don't no enough mate just what the jungle drums are beating.  But hope it's not a power struggle bottom line to that is SMISA carries the majority share holdings is it enough to win a board room vote ? 

36 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Don't no enough mate just what the jungle drums are beating.  But hope it's not a power struggle bottom line to that is SMISA carries the majority share holdings is it enough to win a board room vote ? 

Worst thing ever to happen was the Kibble gaining shares and board membership. I’ve been hearing some horrific info about Kibble.  

Will be hilarious if the SMISA/Kibble power struggle proves to be true. I did suggest on here some time ago that the relationship with Kibble was dubious at best only to be ridiculed by Saints fans on here.

I could still be wrong ,of course, though my friend who works at Kibble and is not a football fan tells me the involvement of Kibble directors with St Mirren is detracting from the main work carried out by Kibble.

14 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

WOW ! It's all came out regarding Kibble if true sounds true. Go to the chairman's thread on BAWA very worrying.  

I've just read the latest three pages and, as is usually the case with that place, it gave me a headache.

Some unsubstantiated stuff from people whose language reads an awful lot like conspiracy theorists'. 

To be fair, I'm more inclined to believe the likes of @glenburn bud, but BAWA is bad for your health and I'll be steering well clear.

2 points from home games against Dundee, Livvy and County. Fucking garbage. Due to give someone a doing? On what evidence? Our strikers could hardly kick the ball hard enough tonight to give anyone a doing.

The Record is a piece of shit, so to save anyone having to actually go to their website here is the interview.. (edited to remove the pointless journo hyperbole bullshit)

Exasperated St Mirren keeper Jak Alnwick insists it’s time for St Mirren to stop talking a good game and start stepping up to the plate.

He told Express Sport: “It’s a must-win game and we come away getting battered by Ross County, simple as that.

“There’s a few people need to have a little bit of a reality check. Players need to start digging in and there’s times in the game where we need to be a bit more professional and get our shape.

“I’m not going to say too much but at half-time there were (harsh words) from myself to certain people and from the manager to certain people and that’s it, that’s football.

“Sometimes you dig a few out at half-time just to get that reaction and I didn’t think we reacted in the second half.

“I mean no disrespect to Ross County, but they’re in the bottom two and they’ve come here and I don’t know how many saves I’ve made; five, six, seven and they’ve had one that’s deflected over the bar. It’s not good enough.

“It’s pointless talking. Last thing I said before we went out was ‘Let’s have a good start’. After ten minutes we were absolutely terrible, so I think it’s done saying stuff now and it’s time for people to start stepping up.

“There’s times this season where Jamie McGrath stepped up with his goal against Livingston, Connor Ronan with his wonderstrike against Rangers.

“I’m not saying about the strikers need to start scoring goals, it’s defenders when they go up for corners as well, it’s midfielders, it’s wingers.

“Whatever it might be, we just need to find a way to win a game.”

He said: “I made too many saves for a home game against Ross County. We’ll have a look back at it again but it was not good enough at every single level.

“I thought they looked more like scoring than us. We had a few that bobbled round the box that we’ve got to put in the net, but we just keep saying the same things over and over again and unless we put the ball in the back of the net you can’t win a football game.

“I’m going to forget about saying the top six. I’m sick of saying it.

“I’m sick of going ‘We’re going to get top six, we’re going to do this and that’. Forget about that, we need to win a game of football.

“Looking at ‘we need this’, ‘we need that’ is a load of rubbish. We need to go and win games of football.

“Take away performances because I think performance-wise we’ve probably been miles better than we were last season.

“But points-wise we’re not and at the end of the day you put points on the board, not performances.”

Edited by Ric