The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Why did Gordon Scott accelerate the deal to get Kibble on board ? Was it for purely selfish reasons with regards to getting his financial return back years earlier than he first anticipated.

Its obvious that the Kibble are really only interested in the Kibble. The football club are nothing less than secondary. 

Why did Gordon Scott accelerate the deal to get Kibble on board ? Was it for purely selfish reasons with regards to getting his financial return back years earlier than he first anticipated.
Its obvious that the Kibble are really only interested in the Kibble. The football club are nothing less than secondary. 

Why / how is it obvious? (Not saying your wrong I just want some insight as to what the f**k is going on)

7 hours ago, geo87 said:

Why / how is it obvious? (Not saying your wrong I just want some insight as to what the f**k is going on)

I agree,  it’s astounding that there is now little or no clarity nor proper engagement with the fans via the club. The current speculation about Kibble threatening to take SMISA to court in order to remove John Needham is beyond belief. We’d be as well renaming the club Kibble FC and just let them get on with what they want to do.

Edited by glenburn bud

Like many many others I am close to chucking the monthly payment to SMISA. They are supposed to have elected officials to represent the fans . I know fans don’t run the club nor would I want this but at present the messaging and just general running of the club is a joke. Anyhow if nothing changes soon I’ll cancel and I know I won’t be the only one 

If the rumours are true, and SMISA are effectively being gagged as a result of legal proceedings, then how are they supposed to disseminate information, regarding the current situation, to the members?

Also, given that SMISA are the fans part of the "partnership", IMO it would be pretty senseless to undermine them at this point by withdrawing financial support, as it only strengthens the Kibble's hold over the club.

Of course it's supposed to be a partnership, but that doesn't seem to be the case at present.

Anyway, on pitch events worry me more than off pitch events at present.

Has any St Mirren team ever had a plan B? We have one way of playing and one way only. If it doesn't work? It doesn't matter.

Baffling how the entire support can see that getting the ball wide to wing backs, who play far too high up the pitch, and shelling long balls up to a lone striker, bypassing our  ballers in the middle of the park, isn't working, yet the management team can't see it.

I feel as if I'm reliving Gus MacPherson's tenure all over again.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Has any St Mirren team ever had a plan B? We have one way of playing and one way only. If it doesn't work? It doesn't matter.

Baffling how the entire support can see that getting the ball wide to wing backs, who play far too high up the pitch, and shelling long balls up to a lone striker, bypassing our  ballers in the middle of the park, isn't working, yet the management team can't see it.

I feel as if I'm reliving Gus MacPherson's tenure all over again.

Nonsense. Plenty of recent St Mirren teams have a sound Plan B… Hope Gretna lose. Hope Hamilton lose. Hope Killie lose. This season, we are adopting a three-pronged Plan B. Hope Dundee, Livingston, and Ross County lose.

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Heard he , and one or two others , were in line to be going out on loan in January, till the end of their contracts !

No massive surprise to see him and Erwin leave to allow some fresh attacking players to come in - McAllister in that camp for me too.

26 minutes ago, billyg said:

Heard he , and one or two others , were in line to be going out on loan in January, till the end of their contracts !

I guess we'll see how much of a chance Dennis has got when Brophy's injured. If he's still not getting a look-in then I can see him moving on. I still think he's our best natural finisher and our best chance of getting goals if we can get the ball to his feet/head inside the box.

* inserts Vaas meme *

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is doing the exact same fucking thing, over and over again, and expecting shit to change."

I like Goodwin, I think the squad he has available to him is more than capable of competing at this level, but the simple fact is he has to accept that the 3-5-2 (3-4-2-1) doesn't work. We've had some success with it, sure, but many many more failures.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I actually came here to ask if anyone knew how to cancel their SMISA? Is it just a case of cancelling the DD or do you have to contact them /jump through hoops as well? 

I’d hold off with that one as in my opinion weakening SMISA financially, will play into the Kibble hands. The quicker we get shot of this shower of chancers the better.