The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Can’t complain about the way those fixtures are laid out. The games against the Embra’ clubs were always the best bets for us to do anything in that might see us achieve better than 6th, and they come first and second. If we do well in those, then even though our next three are tough, other results could go our way while we face the uglies and a resurgent Aberdeen.

Looks like the Embra’ games are key. Fingers X for four or six points…. Look on the bright side… cannae’ be any lower than sixth! Happy days.

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

Let’s win them all :

IMG_1503.thumb.jpeg.41f7ca3ab3cce25c2678972885f133ae.jpeg

I think the order and location of the fixtures could have been much worse tbh. 

The first two games are a very good chance of collecting points, actually quite as important as when we went into the last run of fixtures with Livy at home and Hearts away. If we get something from the Hibs game, it keeps us in it for climbing out of 5th. In saying that, Hibs could very well drop points to Aberdeen at Pittordrie the week after as the Dons look to secure 3rd.

The timing of the remaining 3 fixtures is as good as it possibly could have went. Celtic should have won the league by then though it could potentially be trophy day.

Aberdeen away midweek, we have done it before and won. Aberdeen by this point may have also secured 3rd place with the rest of the pack mathematically not able to catch them. They have much improved since we last met, though I'd always back my team.

Rangers at home last day of the season. Remember this fixture in the championship, when Lewis Morgan got his first goal on the last day of the season under Alex Rae. Could be a nothing game for Rangers and possibly a farewell for a chunk of their squad. We could very much be in with a chance of need points at this stage retain our position or catch a team above us depending how well we have collected points by then.

5 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Why? Since they are pretty much uncatchable in 3rd I'd much rather have them away on a Wednesday and Hearts at home on a Saturday than vice versa.

I was more thinking because we are, geographically, the two furthest teams in the top 6.

Having it midweek reduces the amount of fans that can make it.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

How much does a new passport cost these days?

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

About 8-9 months. :lol: 

Aye, if you had ordered it in August you'd maybe have a chance 🙈. You can pay through the nose for an express one though, pretty sure you can get one within a week, and pay even more for one on the same day.

I've still got a few years left on my EU passport 😍

Can totally see us finishing 5th and fucking Falkirk winning the Scottish cup though 🤢.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

If we are still in contention for Europe final game get the away stand segregated and give the blue arse cheeks one section. The seethe alone would be magnificent. 

I would go further, no tickets for them, if we can get away with it.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I was more thinking because we are, geographically, the two furthest teams in the top 6.

Having it midweek reduces the amount of fans that can make it.

That fixture is the only negative the way it's panned out. Would much prefer going to Aberdeen at the weekend.

Currently having a debate with my wife about whether it's valid to take our son out of school so he can go and potentially see history being made. 

21 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That fixture is the only negative the way it's panned out. Would much prefer going to Aberdeen at the weekend.

Currently having a debate with my wife about whether it's valid to take our son out of school so he can go and potentially see history being made. 

Is it valid not to take him?

11 minutes ago, elvis said:

Play the home games without fans then we might get 6 points a full house and we will bottle  it AGAIN.

So how are your predictions for this season going so far?

Edited by FTOF