The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

Knicker wetters amongst the St Mirren support? No, I refuse to accept the notion.

If people can't enjoy being miles ahead in the league, even with the "worst possible scenario" factored into the games in hand, then when can they be happy?

See when Conor Newton twatted that goal in against Hearts? Once I eventually found my way back to my seat, I spent a couple of minutes thinking it was too good to be true and something bad was going to happen :lol:

The final ten minutes of the game did little to convince me otherwise! It's just conditioning. I was only 7 when H****rby happened, so wasn't hugely affected, but I think it's in our collective genes.

I hope you prove to be as correct about the league title as you were about Jack staying. I do admire your outlook, I've just never seen us be this dominant so early in a league before.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

I hope you prove to be as correct about the league title as you were about Jack staying. I do admire your outlook, I've just never seen us be this dominant so early in a league before.

There is the chance we'll blow it, after all Dundee and Morton have done similar, but then why worry about that possibility when all the other far greater possibilities have us romping to the title.

I was critical of the squad at the start of the season, we didn't look good and underperformed badly, it's not that I am a permanent happy clapper.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

See when Conor Newton twatted that goal in against Hearts? Once I eventually found my way back to my seat, I spent a couple of minutes thinking it was too good to be true and something bad was going to happen :lol:

The final ten minutes of the game did little to convince me otherwise! It's just conditioning. I was only 7 when H****rby happened, so wasn't hugely affected, but I think it's in our collective genes.

Understand what you wrote but if we won the league by even one point there will be one he'l of a party in Paisley after the Falkirk game. I have even booked my hotel in Paisley for that date that' how confident I am. 

When we won it under TH, I enjoyed the individual games but it wasn't until the final whistle of the Raith game that I enjoyed the season.

There is always that feeling that we can still find a way to feck it up......... especially after losing THAT cup final. 

I think fans of most club's feel that way.

22 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Abercromby Jimmy Boo , not bad eh ? Been reading the number one independent St Mirren supporters site BAWA ,  its where  most stories break first  but you know that already lol. 

BAWA is full of boo boys and knicker wetters:P 

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
21 hours ago, Young gun said:
BAWA is full of boo boys and knicker wettersemoji14.png 

And Shull and other oddballs not a million miles away which was why I chucked it years ago.

They've all gone years ago, Jimmy. Honest. 

Go back, Jimmy, Go back. It is feels like Elysium there now.

..........................or at least it did, until the Barnsley and Livingston debacles and then only "winning" against Brechin.

16 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
On 1 March 2018 at 12:06, Young gun said:
BAWA is full of boo boys and knicker wettersemoji14.png 

And Shull and other oddballs not a million miles away which was why I chucked it years ago.

Relevant football posts I see you are good at that as such you would fit right into BAWA.

Next up Dunfermline at home a week today alway's a tough game but winable thank goodness for Buddie vision where you get to watch the full 90min. Will only make our last two games Morton home Falkirk away which will hopefully end with a party in Paisley the Saturday night. Have only made two home games this season so far so regrettably will give up the season ticket next season.

They've all gone years ago, Jimmy. Honest. 
Go back, Jimmy, Go back. It is feels like Elysium there now.
..........................or at least it did, until the Barnsley and Livingston debacles and then only "winning" against Brechin.
I think you're pulling my leg Ally. I'll give it a miss thanks. The official forum was good in the early days but I chucked that too after getting a yellow card for using the H word. As I have here too now that I think about it. Goodby everyone x

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

...so regrettably will give up the season ticket next season.

I was driving from Northumberland to Paisley every second weekend.  Didn't want to give it up...  it feels rubbish to give up the Season Ticket.  I'm in Lincolnshire now.  Easier on the conscience.  :lol:

Makes the handful of games i get to all the more special...  

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I was driving from Northumberland to Paisley every second weekend.  Didn't want to give it up...  it feels rubbish to give up the Season Ticket.  I'm in Lincolnshire now.  Easier on the conscience.  :lol:

Makes the handful of games i get to all the more special...  

Agree it does not feel good given up the season ticket. Opened a Bistro Saturday is the busiest day sadly. 

So here's a question, what level of interaction do Celtic have with Morgan while he is on loan with us. Just wondering if they will get their own physios, sports scientists, coaches to advise him. I can see both positives and negatives to that, but I honestly don't know how it works when you "loan back" a player.

Two postponed games have now been rescheduled.

At home to Dumbarton on Tuesday 27th March

Away to Dundee Utd on Tuesday 10th April.

Remaining fixtures now in order:

10/3 - Dunfermline (H)

17/3 - QotS (A)

24/3 - Falkirk (H)

27/3 - Dumbarton (H)

31/3 - ICT (A)

7/4 - Brechin (A)

10/4 - Dundee Utd (A)

14/4 - Livi (H)

21/4 - Morton (H)

28/4 - Falkirk (A)

Interesting line up. 3 of our next 4 games at home at this point is a huge advantage to have given our record this season, especially as the 3 trips north in 10 days is going to be pretty tough then a hard old run in.

Hopefully we'll take 9 or 10 points from our next 4 games and that will more or less see us over the line, you'd imagine.

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Hopefully we'll take 9 or 10 points from our next 4 games and that will more or less see us over the line, you'd imagine.

I thought exactly the same when I read the revised fixture schedule. That has definitely put the emphasis on earning enough points from the next 6 games to ease the pressure there will be if we don't get back on form as every one of the last four games is a potential banana skin if the league isn't decided by then.

Saying that, how good would it be to either have the league wrapped up before or to even secure it on the day when our hygienically challenged neighbours come to call. 

1 hour ago, DXBBud said:

Saying that, how good would it be to either have the league wrapped up before or to even secure it on the day when our hygienically challenged neighbours come to call. 

The idea of tying it up against Morton, and at home, would be absolutely glorious.

Another nice idea would be to have already got the championship and they give a guard of honour for us.. :D