The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
15 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:
Jinkies, Genev... I'd forgotten all about him. He's a real St Mirren Trivial Pursuit question isn't he?
Thing is, you look at those playes; Sadlier, Osbourne, Tesselaar Dayton, Arquin, most managers would have got far more out of them than Craig ever did.

Anyone signed from mid December onwards were signed by Teale ie Dayton, Arquin Sadlier.

That is a very fair point.

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just been announced that we've signed Ross Stewart (keeper) from you. What's he like?

Hard to say as he only played 4 games for us: 1 in the League Cup and 3 in the Challenge Cup. The only league football he's played is a season with Albion Rovers in League 1.

From our point of view, replacing Stewart with Danny Rogers seems pretty shrewd.

First meeting of Killie vs St Mirren since 25/4/15.

Looking forward to having St Mirren back in the top flight and at RP . We always travel well to St Mirren and they usually do similar. 

Buzzing to get real football back again. How are you shaping up for this season ? 

Saw Reilly left this week. 

Good to see you guys back but I hope we utterly pump yous!

Looking forward to having St Mirren back in the top flight and at RP . We always travel well to St Mirren and they usually do similar. 
Buzzing to get real football back again. How are you shaping up for this season ? 

You probably will on Friday as we have only half a team of first choices signed. Saints will be treating the league cup as pre season friendlies.

22 hours ago, Torfason said:

Argumentative pish. Who mentioned Donati or Duffy? Both were brought in as emergency cover and the rest were squad players. That is B&WA whataboutery at its finest.

I am hopeful that Stubbs has some experienced players lined up too as youth players generally lack consistency and can struggle with the physicality of Scottish football. However I am certain the manager knows that and will address it and so should you.

Has Stubbs signed any youth players ? Are they not all over 20,  young men who in Stubbs words are ready to be playing first team football. To be honest I would rather go the way we are going than having someone who has done the rounds. We have a great captain in McGinn to lead the charge. 

3 hours ago, Cmac1869 said:

I enjoy a local trip to RP (and the Brass and Granite).  Maybe the atmosphere has improved since Stevie took over.

No idea how we are shaping up as all new signings bar 1 are complete unknowns from low level English teams or U23 teams. At the moment we have more English players than Scots which is a first (with more English players rumoured to be coming in). Who knows what we will be watching. Just hope we can read the names on their shirts ok so we have some idea of who is who.