The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

What do you know?

That Monday and Tuesday will be activity days.

I suppose, looking at the photo you posted on BAWA, I should be asking you the same thing.... :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That Monday and Tuesday will be activity days.

I suppose, looking at the photo you posted on BAWA, I should be asking you the same thing.... :lol:

Total guess work on my part.

Not sure if that result is better than I expected or not but it's clear we need bodies in. If Coulson is to continue playing left back, he needs to be put on a leash. Stewart will come good but I can understand on yesterday's showing Stubbs might not think so.

I know we now have Baird, Kpekawa and Heaton but I feel we miss someone who will organise and dominate. These guys might, but not just now. I'm not sure if MacKenzie has the pace to play at top level - although we've seen in the past that good positioning can get you further than speed when defending - but we need someone of his character in that defence.

Overall I'm generally happy, we looked ridiculously open, and lacking cohesion at times, we toiled in the first part of the second half, and toiled badly. I said in the match thread that give a decent team that amount of control and we'll be badly hurt. That said, it's still mostly positives.

We've got Rangers next, that should be "fun".

Edit: Oh, and Mullen! It's not that I've been critical of the lad, I think he's a decent wee player, I'm just not overly convinced that what I saw in the Championship from him was going to work at a higher level. Well I tell you what, whether that is the case or not, he went balls deep yesterday to prove he could make a difference and a difference he most definitely made. Fair play to him, he was excellent.

Edited by Buddist Monk

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
20 hours ago, elvis said:
Because we are shite how else. 

Who the f**k is this guy?

Go check his posting history. I honestly don't know why he claims to support us as all he does is say how dreadful we are and that we're going to lose every game.