The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

What about Kellerman? More so because he was a Jack Ross signing I assumed it would be him. I don’t think King has looked all that bad, wouldn’t get a look in ahead of the 4 who played in midfield yesterday mind you. Not seen much of Cooke but I’m not sure he is up to it.

What about Kellerman? More so because he was a Jack Ross signing I assumed it would be him. I don’t think King has looked all that bad, wouldn’t get a look in ahead of the 4 who played in midfield yesterday mind you. Not seen much of Cooke but I’m not sure he is up to it.
Surely he's not going get rid of any of his own signings you'd imagine it'd be one of Jack's. But he did give Kellerman a few mins at the end. I was surprised he played Stewart if he's away to county. Given he signed Cooke as a striker so it may be him also. Never going to be Heaton

Presumably Cooke if we are bringing anyone in. 

I think if he stuck in he could aspire to be Calum Ball. 

The loan one will surely be either King or Kellerman, neither has impressed so far. The other option would be Heaton and given the hype about paying a fee it would be scary to think we are punting him so soon. Having said that the little that I saw of him keeping him might be delaying the inevitable. 

Both Cooke and Heaton have never been full-time and have not played at a professional level. And their cameo appearances indicate that. For their sake they need to play regularly and neither appear anywhere near Premiership standard at the moment. Loans would suit the players and the club.

9 hours ago, NorthBank said:

Both Cooke and Heaton have never been full-time and have not played at a professional level. And their cameo appearances indicate that. For their sake they need to play regularly and neither appear anywhere near Premiership standard at the moment. Loans would suit the players and the club.

I agree but we need another centre half if Heaton goes. He is on a 3 year deal. 

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Surely more likely to be kellerman as he was one of Ross signings

Having seen Kellerman's upbeat twitter comments after Saturday's game, it didn't seem that he was a player who knew that he was on the way out.

Stranger things have happened though.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Having seen Kellerman's upbeat twitter comments after Saturday's game, it didn't seem that he was a player who knew that he was on the way out.

Stranger things have happened though.

That was my thinking also.  I can't really comment on any of them i havent seen any of them play to be honest i'd just be suprised if he got rid of any of him own signings on a permanent basis.  But i said earlier giving Stewart a run out when he's leaving and Cooke not getting a run out and if rumours are true on striker signings probably leaves his game time very limited

16 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

Just to avoid confusion , McQueen played against Dunfermline in a 1-0 defeat a few days after that , his last game was against Berwick , but not the game you have highlighted !

14 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Has to be King, I assume. Surely it can't be Heaton - we paid actual money for him :lol:

There is a good player in Heaton he will get his chance soon enough. Stubbs , no player should think they are an automatic pick they need to be pushed. A drop in form by our centre back/s will see Heaton in the team. 

Much prefer Gary Mac than Heaton if there is a drop in form from anyone else. Maybe Heaton will come good but we cannot use premiership games to give him the practice.

We need Gary Mac back regardless - both center half’s were bullied on sat from the Dundee centre forwards

Sort of disappointed that we've fallen for the same "young boys from the (very) lower leagues will be able to hack it". Lennon fell for it, Craig fell for it, to an extent Ross fell for it and now Stubbs. It's positive that Stubbs has realised early on rather than persevering but it's still the same fucking mistake we make time after time.

I think I'm with most here, that if it's Heaton and after what is (relatively) a fairly sizeable chunk of cash being spent on him, then that's just all the more galling.

Surely if it's one of the new guys then there is going to be a bit more to it than just "he's shite". I can't believe even St.Mirren would write a player off that quickly and pay up his wages for nothing? If nothing else at least it's an emergency squad filler? Apart from anything else, surely we'd punt Eckersley first if we were paying people off.

I love how some people have written off some of these players when we are just one proper game into the season. They are all young, moved up from England, getting used to a new club, some getting used to a full-time set up. They may need time, some may even need a spell out on loan, but please don't write them off just yet. Heaton in particular was very highly thought of by Darlington fans.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I love how some people have written off some of these players when we are just one proper game into the season. They are all young, moved up from England, getting used to a new club, some getting used to a full-time set up. They may need time, some may even need a spell out on loan, but please don't write them off just yet. Heaton in particular was very highly thought of by Darlington fans.

I think people are just trying to work out who might be the summer signing being let go as rumoured whether true or not time will tell.  Personally i'd like to see some of the in action before making judgement.  As both Stubbs and Ross obviously seem something in them to sign them.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:42, Buddist Monk said:

If Coulson is to continue playing left back, he needs to be put on a leash.

The way the team is set up, with 4 CM's playing narrow in a diamond, the 2 full backs are the width in the team and need to push forward. If Coulson is to be "put on a leash", the shape of the midfield needs to be changed.