The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where's best to park at your new ground? I've been past it but never been for a match yet.

Theres usually spaces in the streets round the ground, some are coned off, but you don't need to go far to get places to park that aren't. Just don't get there too early and take my space or I'll let your tyres down.

On 23/12/2018 at 18:06, RandomGuy. said:

Where's best to park at your new ground? I've been past it but never been for a match yet.

I stay not far from the ground there is plenty of places to park within a couple minutes walk. Ferguslie Park Avenue is a long street that runs beside the stadium and anytime I’ve went to a game I’ve always been able to park there. Easy access back on to the motorway as well if you follow the signs for Glasgow Airport. 

On 23/12/2018 at 06:46, djchapsticks said:

I dare say because we currently have no one fit or available with the energy or running that he does. That being said, I want a smart worker rather than a hard worker. 

Why on earth would I need to give the St Mirren manager a call? Because I don't rate someone who plays every week? That's my opinion but instead of being baseless opinion, I've backed it up with facts. No goals, no assists, and very few (if any) chances created. 

If I give him a call about Ryan Edwards, maybe you should give the club a call regarding Junior Mendes given your mad diatribe a few weeks back that a sports scientist role is nothing more than to tell players to run faster and eat less and that we're wasting £60k ( :lol: ) a year on him. 

I'm with you on Edwards can't understand why Hearts signd him. 

Anyone heard if your looking at loaning out Cammy Smith in January? A few rumours down our way that we could be looking at getting him in on loan?

Am I right In thinking he plays/played in the number 10 role? Noticed he came off the bench on Saturday. 

He flatshares with Michael Rose, our centre back so not sure if that’s where the rumour is coming from. 

Cammy was the heartbeat of the team last season, but wasn’t rated by Stubbs and has struggled under OK. 

Anytime he was missing last season we struggled but seems incapable of sticking his boot through the ball to shoot. His shot was saved after coming off the bench on Saturday which set up the winner but loads of stories about him leaving in January. 

He will be welcome back anytime by the majority of fans but most are resigned to him leaving. 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone heard if your looking at loaning out Cammy Smith in January? A few rumours down our way that we could be looking at getting him in on loan?

Am I right In thinking he plays/played in the number 10 role? Noticed he came off the bench on Saturday. 

He flatshares with Michael Rose, our centre back so not sure if that’s where the rumour is coming from. 

This time last year if have laughed you out of town but then I'd have done so if you'd suggested that Liam Smith would sign for Ayr. 

Aye... Could well happen either on loan or permanently given he's put of contract in the summer

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If you're serious about getting this title tilt over the line, he would be a phenomenal signing for you. And, as DJC has pointed out, it's not out the question. 

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

1 more game to go and the big Saints exodus can begin. Shame that Ferdinand and Hammill will leave but the rest can gtf, particularly guys like Flynn who should be doing so much better at this level.

That excuse for a performance made me so angry today. His no show against Motherwell at St. Mirren Park which ended in his red card was bad enough but that today was an excuse for a showing from him. 

Shirked every challenge, didn't mark his man properly, chased at about 60% speed. Broke at about 60% speed as well. He didn't get out of a light jog for the 25 minutes he was on the park. 

It's no coincidence at all that our midfield fight dropped to almost zero when he was pitched in. 

Has to go. Can't wait to see the back of some of these empty husks. 

No surprises there. From their limited appearances it was clear they were so not up to the standard required. Just disappointing at the money lost and opportunities missed. We could have had some decent players instead and maybe not be in the situation we find ourselves in.

Heaton was being tracked by Middlesbrough I'm sure, and we apparently had competition to sign him. 

I wonder how it's been so bad. I reckoned there must have been a player in there and after a wee loan spell he might have done ok. An awful, awful piece of business that sums up Stubbs' short tenure.

Surely no one would pay for him. It must also likely that he'll go back to English non league, so will be part time. 

Can't see many folk walking away from 3 years full time work without compensation, and nor should he. 

As for Cammy Smith, he should only be allowed to go if there is someone better lined up to replace him. He's not done as well as expected this season but he did well off the bench against Motherwell and I thought he was ok against St Johnstone.

Apparently we have only paid 25k up front for Heaton and rest was based on appearances. Still a colossal waste of money though. Apparently we’re going to try and loan him out in the hope someone takes him off our hands in the summer to avoid paying him off

Those three added to Coulson and Willock - that's 5 of your summer signings that have been a complete write off. 

I know Stubbs signed them, but our board and chief exec in particular are getting off lightly. They sanctioned the deals after all.