Dundee United 2017/2018

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seez peace.

You obviously can't go and get rid of all the players if things aren't going well.

That's not how football works. Does that mean it's fucked? No not at all. It's completely different to any other business.

Stop being stupid.

That was the original point I was arguing with Stumigoo. He maintains  football is the same as any other business in getting rid of the managers when things are not working ,  which is not the case. 

I know perfectly well how football works and was offering an alternative opinion  as I feel  a minority of  players are the most selfish , petulant , childish out of touch wankers  in sport. This minority can wreck a club far quicker than a poor manager as they seem to influence what goes on in the dressing room.  Agents fill their tiny minds full of unrealistic goals and targets with no regard for anything other than their own pockets. 

It can be argued that Ray brought in the players , but he did so in good faith believing they would do him a turn.  In return they have done him over and the most of them won't give a f**k. 

Ray's failing is probably that he was too nice .  Bring back  someone like Jim McLean who sorted out the troublemakers , their agents and their families in his office one by one.  That's what United need now. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Flood will be loyal to McKinnon because McKinnon has been loyal to  him.  He's played him even when he's been awful.

Given Flood's performance on Saturday I'm surprised he has the audacity to offer an opinion.

Flood doesn't seem to have much of a history of loyalty.

I think he is just thick.

I was speaking to him pre season about his injury and when he might be back and was having to tell him what games we had coming up, what competitions they were in and the format.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Same with Murdoch.

Signing Murdoch as a full back on a two year contract was criminal.  This is one instance where the chairman was also complicit, he should have sacked McKinnon at the time for proposing it.

16 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Is McKinnon actually gone ? I heard nothing official. But bookies taking bets on next manager ??

Yes, he's gone but for one reason or another, it hasn't been made official yet. 

Utd don't do things the normal way. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

My mistake.

How did the utd fans feel Ellis done? Not sure the script with him if he's been sacked aswell?

Can't tell really. Never heard anything about poor training etc (which became public knowledge under McNamara). Think the players get on with him and he seems like a decent guy but can't really comment on his ability as a coach. I am fairly certain that McKinnon will leave with Taylor and Grant Johnson because they have been working together for ages but not sure about Ellis.

Can't tell really. Never heard anything about poor training etc (which became public knowledge under McNamara). Think the players get on with him and he seems like a decent guy but can't really comment on his ability as a coach. I am fairly certain that McKinnon will leave with Taylor and Grant Johnson because they have been working together for ages but not sure about Ellis.

Laurie was a model pro and coach by all accounts while at us. Good guy to boot. Think he would do fine as a coach for your guys.

Yogi is an abomination of a manager. I hope Thompson sees sense and doesn't hire him. I wanted him for rovers but he is just a buffoon.

I honestly can't see Darren Taylor being ejected: Thompson claimed his contract of DoF was nothing to do with McKinnon, and that if McKinnon moved on Taylor was independent of him.

Which to me is bad news, as the DoF has responsibility for recruitment, and we've recruited a vastly imbalanced squad with no width or height and little pace.

13 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I honestly can't see Darren Taylor being ejected: Thompson claimed his contract of DoF was nothing to do with McKinnon, and that if McKinnon moved on Taylor was independent of him.

Which to me is bad news, as the DoF has responsibility for recruitment, and we've recruited a vastly imbalanced squad with no width or height and little pace.

Not sure about that last point - I'd say it's a relatively well balanced squad, albeit lacking a bit of height up front. Certainly much better balanced than the last couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure about that last point - I'd say it's a relatively well balanced squad, albeit lacking a bit of height up front. Certainly much better balanced than the last couple of years.

Agree with this.  There have been a few substandard performances of late but that could well be down a lack of motivation and a reaction to the management style.

32 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Kris Boyd on BBC Sportsound suggesting that Thompson’s anti-Rangers stance a few years ago is a big factor in why we are where we are.

Did he really say that?

What possible reasoning did he give?

Rangers going bust and being killed off and us being relegated have nothing to do with each other. Especially how there was about 5 years between.  Kris Boyd is a moron who is listened to and beleived by morons and quoted in papers etc by morons for morons.

I think the squad is pretty unbalanced. No full backs of any quality atall, one winger who hardly turns up and the other is a bit pish. No target man and central midfield heavy. Same as last season. There are some good individual players though.

I feel bad for Ray. The job was too much for him and being a good Arab, he would have wanted whats best for the club. Pity he was an awful manager for us.

Recruitment has been poor and i cant think of a single player that has improved under him.

The performances were utterly horrendous for more or less his whole time here.

Archived