Dundee United 2017/2018

10 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Maybe the new owners will leave Thompson in charge of the day to day running of the club? :shutup

Like some sort of torturous transitional period?:lol:

Or maybe our new American overlords are picking the new manager. I picture an I-Pad duck taped to the head rest of a cheap, ripped computer chair with Yogi sitting opposite bumbling about 'real football'. All while some rich Americans son is sitting on a beach in Miami staring at him at the other end, pished on cocktails and buying shit loads of smack off Rodney Schneider.

Let me know when the book goes on sale, mate.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Telegraph website reporting Alan Stubbs has been offered the gig.

If this is true, and if it’s a failure, Stephen Thompson’s position will become untenable.

As things stand the anti-Thompson brigade is small in number and influence but a failure to win promotion with an appointment like this will turn the tide.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If this is true, and if it’s a failure, Stephen Thompson’s position will become untenable.

As things stand the anti-Thompson brigade is small in number and influence but a failure to win promotion with an appointment like this will turn the tide.

Baldy's position became untenable two years ago...

I joined a facebook group recently called 'Fans United' hoping there were sensible fans on there with regards to how to help the club going forward etc. How wrong i was, it was full of absolute bell-ends. Some of these people are clearly never going to be happy regardless of who the manager or chairman is

48 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The 'Thompson Out' crowd are an embarrassment to the club. It pains me to see these morons in amongst the normal, decent fans

Fully agree but he has to watch that he doesn’t alienate the normal, decent fans by making a stupid managerial appointment.

He can’t guarantee to get it right but if he goes for the likes of Stubbs and it doesn’t work out he will rightly take a lot of flak.

Fully agree but he has to watch that he doesn’t alienate the normal, decent fans by making a stupid managerial appointment.
He can’t guarantee to get it right but if he goes for the likes of Stubbs and it doesn’t work out he will rightly take a lot of flak.

Completely agree. This is probably his biggest decision whilst in charge of the club

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Image result for LORRAINE KELLY AND TIMMY MALLET

Guest Back Post Misses

How any Dundee Utd fan can support that goon is beyond me. He has to be the most incompetent Owner/Chairman in Scotland and that takes some doing

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

How any Dundee Utd fan can support that goon is beyond me. He has to be the most incompetent Owner/Chairman in Scotland and that takes some doing

On the east coast, maybe.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I imagine most things that require rational thought as opposed to emotional sentiment are beyond you.

Guest Back Post Misses
I imagine most things that require rational thought as opposed to emotional sentiment are beyond you.

You deserve each other

I know that every single poster familiar with this thread is spending their entire week trying to answer one of two questions - Who is next to take on the United job? When is Stumigoo going to announce he is a dad? Well I can answer both of those questions right now. Csaba Laszlo is the name of my newly born son AND the next United manager. I can confirm neither baby or dad will not be attending Tannadice on Saturday.

Archived