Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laszlo, rightly, having a sly dig at a few of the performances today. He talked post-match about players who are actually at the club to challenge and players who are just "here".  Okay it wasn't a priority today but the gutless nature of some performances this afternoon will have no doubt made Laszlo's mind up almost immediately. Players like Keatings, N'Koyi and even younger guys like Allardice did absolutely nothing. I find it incredible that a new manager comes in, you are given the opportunity to show him what you can do and then you treat the 90 minutes like it is a pre-season game. 

Also, I feel sorry for those who didn't go today. You missed Quinn and Edjenguele put in the most inept central defensive performance I have seen in a long, long time. It was so bad it was comical.  

Im not overly concerned about the result today however im not one of these zoomers you see on social media claiming its best that we got put out. We have treated this competition in the correct manner this season giving playing time to youth players, fringe players and guys that are coming back from injuries etc. The sole purpose of this year is getting promoted so i would assume that if we put a run together over the next month or two, the result and performance today will be long forgotten

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Laszlo, rightly, having a sly dig at a few of the performances today. He talked post-match about players who are actually at the club to challenge and players who are just "here".  Okay it wasn't a priority today but the gutless nature of some performances this afternoon will have no doubt made Laszlo's mind up almost immediately. Players like Keatings, N'Koyi and even younger guys like Allardice did absolutely nothing. I find it incredible that a new manager comes in, you are given the opportunity to show him what you can do and then you treat the 90 minutes like it is a pre-season game. 

Also, I feel sorry for those who didn't go today. You missed Quinn and Edjenguele put in the most inept central defensive performance I have seen in a long, long time. It was so bad it was comical.  

Allardice looked completely lost today. 

For young guy with decent physical attributes and a bit of game in him that's the worst I've ever seen him play.

Quinn's hands out and shrug to the stands when he was totally berated for his umpteenth useless pass had me foaming at the mouth :lol:

5 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Allardice looked completely lost today. 

For young guy with decent physical attributes and a bit of game in him that's the worst I've ever seen him play.

Quinn's hands out and shrug to the stands when he was totally berated for his umpteenth useless pass had me foaming at the mouth :lol:

I genuinely think there was something wrong with Quinn today. He was silent the whole game (he is normally constantly talking) and he seemed intent on, as you say, punting the ball aimlessly all over the place. Didn't help he had Edge beside him but it left the two young fullbacks totally exposed. Allardice looked like he was playing his first ever game of 11-a-side.

42 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Given that keating's and n'koyi appear to be pretty gash (keatings I still hold out some hope for), how had Matty Smith been playing the last couple of league games? Also where was he played in relation to McDonald?

He's done OK, not great but OK and probably the best of the young players we have.  Has been playing wide.

Keatings is going to have to have an attitude change if he's going to do anything with us.  Rightly been dropped from the starting XI but when he came on last week he just didn't look interested.  Hopefully Csaba will be able to get him up to speed but can't see him getting a game ahead of McDonald.

On 11/11/2017 at 17:22, stumigoo said:

Given some of our efforts over the last few years, this is quite the claim.

Archived