Dundee United 2017/2018

50 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

winner of Formartine v Cove In the next round at Tanny please If we get through and get some feel good factor back In the big trophy.

I’d like a home tie against anyone.

Diddy Cup - all home ties

Big Cup - any home ties?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Def not The Rangers for me, for a few reasons.
Despite the fact that we have shown real improvement recently, we risk too much by playing them just now.
Losing to them means we lose our record of putting them out the Scottish cup every time we have played them since 1981. (Lots)
Also, we remain proudly unbeaten against The New Rangers, and I'm keen to keep it that way for a while longer.
Finally, losing to them has become (marginally) my second worst football phobia behind losing to The Dees.
For me, a nice wee day out in Alloa (somewhere I've never been) fits the bill, and hope someone else deals with them for us this year.

Just to be clear, we aren't merely unbeaten against The Rangers, we have a 100% record against them, scoring 6 times more goals in the process

13 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Dunfermline drawing 1-1 tonight with Morton, keeps them away from us.

I believe that's what they officially call 'a gap' now. Hopefully the Pars' early momentum has run it's course.

As for Saints, a potentially tricky tie at the Inverness Public Baths (as long as the rain keeps up), and a good performance from us at Brechin could lead to another 'gap' opening up, which will make us all feel better. 

#optimistic 8)

4 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I believe that's what they officially call 'a gap' now. Hopefully the Pars' early momentum has run it's course.

As for Saints, a potentially tricky tie at the Inverness Public Baths (as long as the rain keeps up), and a good performance from us at Brechin could lead to another 'gap' opening up, which will make us all feel better. 

#optimistic 8)

I reckon it will be a draw.

ICT to win the backstroke and the crawl, Saintees to succeed in the breaststroke and freestyle.

Both sides drawing in the diving competition.

Whats the situation with Keatings? Has he been dropped or just injured? I see he wasn't even in the squad and Shabba is saying he will be using the same boys again on Sat.

He was raging when he came off against crusaders despite being shite for the entire match. Might have something to do with it.

7 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Whats the situation with Keatings? Has he been dropped or just injured? I see he wasn't even in the squad and Shabba is saying he will be using the same boys again on Sat.

No reports of him being injured.  He has been a big disappointment, has shown little of the skills that he possesses and seems to have a real attitude problem.

His attitude may be shaped by the knowledge that he’s not going to get much of a chance with McDonald in the team.  Nonetheless his lack of effort and petulance won’t help him either get in the team or get a move elsewhere.

Yeah, for me Keatings has been a big let down so far sadly.

He was the summer signing I was 3rd most excited by (following McDonald and Fyvie), and sadly he hasn't lived up to expectations so far.

Poss being rushed back from injury earlier in the season has not helped things for him (giving benefit of the doubt here), but he will get the opportunity to get back in the team at some stage, and he needs to be ready to grab his chance when it comes.

In the meantime, he needs to do more with his cameos when he gets the opportunity.

3 hours ago, philpy said:

There's a sportsmans dinner on, could be related to that. John rowbottham...

Really good after-dinner speaker. 

A lot of former referees on the circuit are actually pretty decent. 

Archived