Dundee United 2017/2018

I have to say that I think that it's awfy decent of Bobbycoxblue to pop in here and offer mathematical proof that United have been the dominant team in the city over the past 50 years. Great job on the graph btw, makes really interesting reading.
Seeing that our period of dominance started 10 years before I was born, and save for a few blips here and there throughout my lifetime where we slipped below the standards expected of a DUFC team, I maintain that from my perspective,  natural order has been upset in the last year or 2!!
I have firm belief however that this will sort itself out over the next few years, and we'll be back where we belong, and as I have always known it..... Lording it over the Dees. 8)

Doesn't get away from the fact . Over the period of both teams history. ( you can't just take a slice of it and use that after your initial statement ). The Dees have been the dominant team in the city for a greater period of time.

Just saying.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dees are the first to complain when we hark back to the glory days of the 1970’s and 80’s yet are happy to go back to the 1890’s to prove their ‘superiority’.
Never change Funsters.  [emoji14]

I have no issues with you guys harking back to that era. I would.
Just don't ignore the rest of history.
Like you said " happy to go back to PROVE their superiority "

Point proven.

The Dees are the first to complain when we hark back to the glory days of the 1970’s and 80’s yet are happy to go back to the 1890’s to prove their ‘superiority’.
Never change Funsters.  [emoji14]

It’s pointless to look at the past, GD. How far back do we go? Do we base it on our own lifetimes? I don’t really care about football that happened before I was born, so your glory days of the 70’s/80’s mean nothing to me. It’s a good time to be a toddler Dee though. My son turned two years old at the weekend and for the entirety of his life you haven’t beaten us. He definitely has superiority over the mini dayglos at nursery.

6 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

I have no issues with you guys harking back to that era. I would.
Just don't ignore the rest of history.
Like you said " happy to go back to PROVE their superiority "

Point proven.

I don’t think you’ve proven any point but if you want to think so I’m happy for you.

I vaguely recall a discussion on P&B about what was a suitable time frame to talk about clubs’ performances and ‘domination’.  I think general consensus was 10 years though some folk said 20; I reckon the Dees are not part of that consensus.

I don’t think you’ve proven any point but if you want to think so I’m happy for you.
I vaguely recall a discussion on P&B about what was a suitable time frame to talk about clubs’ performances and ‘domination’.  I think general consensus was 10 years though some folk said 20; I reckon the Dees are not part of that consensus.

I'm certainly not..

But good save with that edit..
I was just about to ..........
3db596ca911831e5faa7da1df86b4fa2.gif

It’s pointless to look at the past, GD. How far back do we go? Do we base it on our own lifetimes? I don’t really care about football that happened before I was born, so your glory days of the 70’s/80’s mean nothing to me. It’s a good time to be a toddler Dee though. My son turned two years old at the weekend and for the entirety of his life you haven’t beaten us. He definitely has superiority over the mini dayglos at nursery.

Imagine how the sevco bairns at that nursery feel. No kudos at all.[emoji23]

Like anyone else, football fans (especially), will only tend to use the statistics and facts that suit them, to prove their point.

I am no different, and am far less bothered about the distant past, and who was better than who 100 years ago, than I am by what I have experienced myself growing up as an Arab..

This is where the stats I am choosing to favour, benefit being an Arab rather than a Dee, despite the sticky patch we are in just now.

#P2BAA :thumsup2 

Like anyone else, football fans (especially), will only tend to use the statistics and facts that suit them, to prove their point.
I am no different, and am far less bothered about the distant past, and who was better than who 100 years ago, than I am by what I have experienced myself growing up as an Arab..
This is where the stats I am choosing to favour, benefit being an Arab rather than a Dee, despite the sticky patch we are in just now.
#P2BAA :thumsup2 

Get your point. So am choosing to only use May 2nd 2016 for my facts [emoji3]

We were utter shite for the majority of that decade, yes.
On an unrelated point: the number of seasons between 2000 and 2010 where we finished below Dundee = 3.

Why, that’s the same amount as the last three seasons too!

Archived