Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little harsh on Briels, we do need a bit of depth in that area of the park at the moment (and especially if Flood's injury is a bad one). Personally I'd be surprised if we see much more of Toshney in a United shirt.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

A little harsh on Briels, we do need a bit of depth in that area of the park at the moment (and especially if Flood's injury is a bad one). Personally I'd be surprised if we see much more of Toshney in a United shirt.

TBF, my point on Briels was more that he hadn't really set the heather alight before his injury, but he also hadn't done much wrong. He just seems a bit meh as a player. Happy to be proven wrong when he's back.

Toshney can gtf though.

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I thought Briels was OK to start with but tapered off quickly.

I’m hoping that the new improved Willo Flood is not too badly injured.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBF, my point on Briels was more that he hadn't really set the heather alight before his injury, but he also hadn't done much wrong. He just seems a bit meh as a player. Happy to be proven wrong when he's back.

Toshney can gtf though.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought Briels was OK to start with but tapered off quickly.

I’m hoping that the new improved Willo Flood is not too badly injured.

Yeah Briels isn't really someone to get excited about but for the system Laszlo looks like playing he would probably do quite well even if he is behind Flood, Fyvie (and potentially) Stanton in that role. 

Just now, stumigoo said:

Yeah Briels isn't really someone to get excited about but for the system Laszlo looks like playing he would probably do quite well even if he is behind Flood, Fyvie (and potentially) Stanton in that role. 

If Flood is out I.D not be surprised or disappointed to see Stanton dropped back and Keatings or McMullan getting a start.

Anyone think Quinn should/will keep the place ahead of Scobbie?
Quinn did better than I expected but I think Scobbie offers leadership.

Robson looked injured for the last half hour so I wouldn’t be surprised if Scobbie played left back next match.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone think Quinn should/will keep the place ahead of Scobbie?

Quinn did better than I expected but I think Scobbie offers leadership.

5 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Robson looked injured for the last half hour so I wouldn’t be surprised if Scobbie played left back next match.

I don't think Quinn did enough to keep his place ahead of Scobbie.

I think he looked off the pace a bit and agree that Scobbie offers significantly more on the leadership front.

As for Robson, I though the same  for a bit A.U., but I think the issue was that when the rain came on his boots stopped working, and it took about 10 minutes for hin to get the message to the bench, and then another 5 to get him new ones.

Hopefully he is OK and we'll keep the strongest back 4 we have going to Greenock.

As for Murdoch, (as discussed above) he got into some great attacking positions at the back post yesterday (unfortunately lacked the composure to do much with them), and for me the jury is still out on him as a RB from a defensive POV, but agree that he is the best we have for now, and like many others, appears to have made progress already under the new manager.

Two games in a row Murdoch has been stinking in attack despite finding himself in good positions. He is probably fine for the rest of the season but should we go up then he can't be near the team.

If he learned how to cross, he would be fine. Like you say, he does get in good positions but more often than not doesn't make the most of them.

49 minutes ago, banana said:

Can't find any info on him, what's the score?

That's him playing for Ayr where he made 3 appearances last year.

If you Google Jamie Thomas footballer (rather than Janie) his Wiki page will come up.

Makes quite bland reading TBH, Def one for future rather than now if we take him on.

Just unearthed a match day  programme from season 1978/79 (old SPL) ...   MORTON  v  DUNDEE UNITED...  11th Nov 1978

MORTON:1)Denis Connaghan 2)Davie (Hannibal) Hayes 3)Jim Holmes 4)Barry Evans 5) Neil Orr 6) Jim Rooney 7)Bobby Russell  

8)Jimmy Miller 9)Bobby Thomson 10)Ally (Bald Eagle) Scott 11) Andy Ritchie ...Subs:John (Peanut)McNeil    /     Billy McLaren

DUNDEE UNITED: 1)Hamish McAlpine 2)Ray Stewart  3) Frank Kopel 4)George Fleming 5) Paul Hegarty 6) David Narey  7)Derek Stark

8)Paul Sturrock 9)Graeme Payne 10)Billy Kirkwood 11)Derek Addison ... Subs: Davie Dodds / Bobby Robinson        

Attendance: 6,368

SCORE: MORTON  3   (Ritchie hat-trick/1 pen)        DUNDEE UNITED 1  (scorer unknown)

Archived