Rangers European Tour 2017/18

Topscot

Fair comment and, in many ways, it looked like a Warburton side though more solid at the back.
The Kranjcar dilemma.  We'll never get more than 30 useful mins from him.  Is he used at the start or at the end?  He's clearly done as a 90 minute player.

At home against teams like Hamilton, Killie, Motherwell he'll be an asset because he could pick passes and split the defence if given time and space. Against Aberdeen/Celtic etc he won't get that same space so it's difficult to see where he actually fits in.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Dalcio ( I take it that was the wee white died hair boy)

Oh the fucking diddies and their use of English:

Wee?  Nope
White? Nope
Died?  Nope

Don't worry.  You represent EveryDiddy on the Sevco threads.

Young Master Bates had a creditable game. He almost got wrong-sided at one point (when Wilson or Keirnan would have been skinned) and he did show a lack of composure up front when he skied the ball but he has heaps of potential.  7/10 IMO.

He might pick up a bit with Alves beside him. Rather horseshit from the #bearz tonight tbh.

1 minute ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

At home against teams like Hamilton, Killie, Motherwell he'll be an asset because he could pick passes and split the defence if given time and space. Against Aberdeen/Celtic etc he won't get that same space so it's difficult to see where he actually fits in.

Again, a fair point and I think you also gave the answer.  A luxury player for occasional games?  I'd be surprised if he is anything other.

37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Young Master Bates had a creditable game. He almost got wrong-sided at one point (when Wilson or Keirnan would have been skinned) and he did show a lack of composure up front when he skied the ball but he has heaps of potential.  7/10 IMO.

Were you watching the same game as me?, the defence once again started to fall apart in the second half. To make it sound even worse the Progres side had a bigger player turnover than The Rangers in the close season, they had 10 new players in to The Rangers 8. If Progres had a well gelled side things might have looked totally different. Kranjcar coming off certainly made a huge impact on The Rangers team almost immediately and then Progres started to come into the game with some really good well worked out chances and could have got a penalty with a handball.

Yes The Rangers had chances in the second half and some were really good but they went amiss but when Progres broke out from the back The Rangers defence was at sixes and sevens and a better side could have easily scored a goal or two. Pedro was shouting at Tavernier like a mad dog because even he seen the defence was all over the place at times to a pub team basically.

The Rangers lacked a decent credible striker on the night to put the game to bed in the first half but they didn't and may come back to bite them on the bum.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

FTFY

Rumbled. :lol: I'm sure they will win over there. I sorta meant that Scottish clubs/national team in recent years gone by have gifted tiny obscure clubs/nations with either their first goal or first ever point and most embarrassing of all?, their first ever win.

Don't think we will see much more of waghorn after last night surely . He will maybe get a game the second leg but think he maybe joining the other leavers . Tav defending is still utter pish so still would like to see the back of him in all honesty . Wallace aswell again not up to much . Jack , miller and krancjar were the main positives . bates was not bad .

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Don't think we will see much more of waghorn after last night surely . He will maybe get a game the second leg but think he maybe joining the other leavers . Tav defending is still utter pish so still would like to see the back of him in all honesty . Wallace aswell again not up to much . Jack , miller and krancjar were the main positives . bates was not bad .

I thought Cardoso looked composed, admittedly against poor opposition.

edit: And he wasn't shy in telling his team mates when he thought they should be doing better.  Not that I think anyone understood the specifics, but they were left in no doubt that he wasn't happy with them.

17 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I thought Cardoso looked composed, admittedly against poor opposition.

edit: And he wasn't shy in telling his team mates when he thought they should be doing better.  Not that I think anyone understood the specifics, but they were left in no doubt that he wasn't happy with them.

Aye true he had a decent game . Midfield were still found off guard a few times in the later stages of the second half . Hopefully if we ever finally sign dorrans he will add a bit more bite and drive to the midfield .

We really have lacked any midfield player who drives forward since the hayclon days of Steven Davis .

11 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Aye true he had a decent game . Midfield were still found off guard a few times in the later stages of the second half . Hopefully if we ever finally sign dorrans he will add a bit more bite and drive to the midfield .

We really have lacked any midfield player who drives forward since the hayclon days of Steven Davis .

Whilst Jack had a solid game, i thought at times he held back rather than driving forward to win the break down ball at the edge of the area.  We don't know if he's been told not to do that or if he's still finding his feet in whats expected of him.

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Whilst Jack had a solid game, i thought at times he held back rather than driving forward to win the break down ball at the edge of the area.  We don't know if he's been told not to do that or if he's still finding his feet in whats expected of him.

Get used to it lads. 

10 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Rumbled. :lol:I'm sure they will win over there. I sorta meant that Scottish clubs/national team in recent years gone by have gifted tiny obscure clubs/nations with either their first goal or first ever point and most embarrassing of all?, their first ever win.

I honestly don't think so. Time will tell. 

Thought it was an acceptable performance for the first game of the season but to only win by one goal was disappointing. It was a lucky goal to get, too. For all the possession Rangers had they just didn't test the goalkeeper enough. Had Barrie McKay been playing it may have been a different story. 

Still expect Rangers to win the away game quite comfortably.

Not really good enough from the sevco galacticos, Waghorn and The Blue Cafu really are pretend footballers, although Cardoso looks like a considerable upgrade on that dud Kiernan.

pre season game really and I am sure they will avoid the hilarity of a 1st round exit.

Archived