Group H

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical Saints. Concede an early goal then huff and puff all night against a organised defense.

Couldn't break Livi down at all, they had the cigars out in defence. Could still be playing without scoring.

Reilly is not Loy and won't work up top on his own. Stewart is not a right mid, Smith is not Mallan.

Poor stuff. Would have switched Reilly and Stewart round as the latter doesn't look like a wide player. Smith also pretty poor, should have buried his chance in the second half.

O'Keefe and Kirkpatrick looked decent when they came on but we could have played all night without scoring.

Nice of the ref to send barron off for a 2nd booking when it was hamill that committed the first foul and booking.

The ref was fucking clueless. That foul for the second yellow was well inside the box and would've been a penalty except between them the ref and linesman had absolutely no idea.

15 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Belford was stupid however nive overreaction by airdrie player.

Nive??? Need an extra vowel tile?

Belford has 'previous' for this and should have walked at Broomfield in a League game for an identical offence.

Ref was mince I thought. How he missed Ryan getting clattered in the first half is baffling. 

That was a proper gutsy performance from us tonight. 

As I said before the game if we competed I'd be happy and we more than done that, it was quite simply a defensive master class. 

Halkett and Gallagher are superb and Alan Lithgow the weaker of the 3 was arguably the man of the match, his interception to deny a certain goal was superb. 

We fought hard and dug in despite chasing the ball a lot tonight our fitness really showed, we are in a good position to qualify from a real tough group now but nothing's done yet, we will be favourites for the next two games which will be entirely different to the past two games.

Brilliant result tonight and gives us a huge confidence boost, still not getting carried away though, if I was offered 8th in the league now I'd jump at it. 

Where to start, Livingston were everything I expected, cynical dirty and eleven men behind the ball after scoring in the second minute.

We were garbage from start to finish, absolutely zero creativity and far to many players didn't turn up. We still require another couple of players even allowing for Harry Davis returning.

Not anywhere near good enough.

Your no your no we're top of group H and your no.

Good goal by Carrick to get us ahead and brilliant defending by everyone in a Livi strip to grind out the win. Midfield and defence are solid, Alexander didn't have too much to save but was well placed to get anything that got past our defence. We're looking very good defensively this season, so only need to score a goal to take something from games.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

That was a proper gutsy performance from us tonight. 

As I said before the game if we competed I'd be happy and we more than done that, it was quite simply a defensive master class. 

Halkett and Gallagher are superb and Alan Lithgow the weaker of the 3 was arguably the man of the match, his interception to deny a certain goal was superb. 

We fought hard and dug in despite chasing the ball a lot tonight our fitness really showed, we are in a good position to qualify from a real tough group now but nothing's done yet, we will be favourites for the next two games which will be entirely different to the past two games.

Brilliant result tonight and gives us a huge confidence boost, still not getting carried away though, if I was offered 8th in the league now I'd jump at it. 

Whilst I agree with you, consolidating our place in the Championship would be fantastic, i'll be disappointed if we only finish 8th.

39 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Where to start, Livingston were everything I expected, cynical dirty and eleven men behind the ball after scoring in the second minute.

We were garbage from start to finish, absolutely zero creativity and far to many players didn't turn up. We still require another couple of players even allowing for Harry Davis returning.

Not anywhere near good enough.

dirty? :D f**k off

We've heard all about Jack Ross' Galacticos and how good they are. Just like we did when Alloa were on some kind of unbeatable run before we played them last season but just like we did then, we put the folk who w**k over Jack Ross back in there beds. The Amber Machine are back.

17 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

We've heard all about Jack Ross' Galacticos and how good they are. Just like we did when Alloa were on some kind of unbeatable run before we played them last season but just like we did then, we put the folk who w**k over Jack Ross back in there beds. The Amber Machine are back.

Some say Jack Ross has Gordon Scott check under his bed for the Amber Machine

Archived