"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Mark Ridgers has offered his services, but with the management and CEO still in place he may have a rethink.

I can see a couple of loanees coming in from over the bridge.

Maybe he's only pretending to offer his services, to flush out the management?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's worth noting that while basically every team in Scotland has put out released lists, we haven't and the only way we have any knowledge of our squad is fans driving down the training ground and seeing who is training.

Someone mentioned on CTO that it seems like the board are being deliberately spiteful towards the fans because of the reaction to the Kelty move.  Until the last couple of weeks I'd have thought that was going too far but to be honest, I think that I was wrong, that is exactly what's happening.  The board fully voted for Kelty and now that they've been unable to do it they've spat the dummy.  'Oh you don't think we're communicating with teh fans properly?  Well we won't tell you anyting at all, how do you like that?'  The only thing they are interested in doing is asking the fans for money for season tickets, there's no recognition that anything has gone wrong because the board aren't capable of any self-evaluation.

The club has always had a bit of that, when I was a kid I used to sell 50-50 tickets and the way the officials at the time were not very welcoming or friendly and didn't give the impression they wanted to include everyone who did things onmatch days.  A lot of them seemed to like being big shots with blazers etc.  That was decades ago but there's always been that way of things with the club.  This is the next level though, and is putting the existence of the club in very real jeopordy, because the motley crew of windows installers, vets and retired surgeons are in a huff because people point out that they have run the club into the ground.

If this mythic investment comes in, the entire board should be fired and banned from the stadium for life. 

Probably there is an element of that and also some loyalty towards RM who will without doubt blame the support for his resignation,

My recollection of our early days was that the club was still run along HL lines and the officials were always welcoming apart from one who was very insular, in your case it may well have been the age difference.

The first fracture between fans and the club that I recall was some discontent with Chief Executive Mike Smith who eventually left to take up some city management job.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Seems like we're trying to get DU goalkeeper Newman in on loan, half his salary won't be cheap.

The 'we pay half, you pay half' is a bit of a fallacy.  It's completely up to the two clubs what %, if any, the club a player is going on loan to will pay towards the player's wages.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The 'we pay half, you pay half' is a bit of a fallacy.  It's completely up to the two clubs what %, if any, the club a player is going on loan to will pay towards the player's wages.

Yup, sometimes if it is a young prospect on a low wage the parent club won't bother with any % just ask that they cover accommodation and other similar expenses.

If a more experienced player then you are looking at a 50/50 more often than not.

Then you get these mad top flight loans where it is more or a less a transfer where the receiving club pays their full contract whilst there.

It can certainly be used to build a decent squad if employed correctly.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Probably there is an element of that and also some loyalty towards RM who will without doubt blame the support for his resignation,

My recollection of our early days was that the club was still run along HL lines and the officials were always welcoming apart from one who was very insular, in your case it may well have been the age difference.

The first fracture between fans and the club that I recall was some discontent with Chief Executive Mike Smith who eventually left to take up some city management job.

image.gif.b330810982aaf5da2abdf30401a000a0.gif

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Agreed, I'm sure we were on record as refusing to pay towards any loans.

I think Robertson said in an old TWS podcast that some players he tried to get in on loan when he was manager would have to have clauses in the loan deal that said they needed to play X number of minutes IIRC. Fine if that player is doing a job but if they aren't then...

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think Robertson said in an old TWS podcast that some players he tried to get in on loan when he was manager would have to have clauses in the loan deal that said they needed to play X number of minutes IIRC. Fine if that player is doing a job but if they aren't then...

Wasn't that the case with the goalkeeper hearts got from man utd. Hands made of paper and couldn't dive for shite. 

Clause was he had to play x amount of games or they had to pay extra on games he didn't. 

Or was that just a rumour to try and avoid the fact he was number 1 and making constant howlers. Pierrera or something like that 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Would explain why Alex Ferguson was undroppable for us last season tbh. 

21 hours ago, madton said:

What's his best position?

We have quite a few wingers on the books, I'm hoping he's a CM.

Don't play him in CM whatever you do.. went from being one of our best players to being an average makeshift midfielder he's much better out wide. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Not uncommon to have that clause in a loan agreement.....................................sadly sometimes!

5 hours ago, CountyinBorders said:

I see according to transfermarkt he has been at Forres since March, quite a jump back up if he joins Caley.

🤣 he was on trial for us but cause he played for Newcastle u21s & Forfar in the same season we couldn't sign him up obviously the club never did their research on that no surprise there. So he went to Forres & got injured

6 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Statement: Pre-season 25 June 2024 (ictsupporterstrust.org)

Supporters trust now asking us to resume (?) the boycott of season tickets.....

Which is bizzare as the Trusts stance at the meeting a few weeks ago was that they weren't legally allowed to endorse a boycott.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Partick. I thought he was pretty forgettable for most of his loan spell with us TBH.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Seems like we're trying to get DU goalkeeper Newman in on loan, half his salary won't be cheap.

We had him on loan a couple seasons ago, did a good job for us but seem to remember Utd had a crisis in that position & recalled  him, thought he would have got his chance at Utd when they dropped down

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Partick. I thought he was pretty forgettable for most of his loan spell with us TBH.

Yeah he was no where near as good as that final season he was our player, 20-21.  He looked uninterested a lot of the time in 22-23