"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

6 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Not as if we had recent history of giving an unknown manager a stupidly long contract that we could have learned from

Some folk have said that his contract, whilst 3 years overall, is in chunks of 6 months or something like that? Hard to remember all the stuff that seemed to come out over the weekend through all the tears.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Paying off Ferguson won't be cheap I suppose depending what breaks are in his contract.

I've been told by 2 people, one of which is a players relative, that there's a clause whereby either party can end the contract with no money swapping hands.  I'm skeptical about how true this is and how they would know, but it's very positive if that's the case.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've been told by 2 people, one of which is a players relative, that there's a clause whereby either party can end the contract with no money swapping hands.  I'm skeptical about how true this is and how they would know, but it's very positive if that's the case.

This sounds far too sensible for Scot Gardiner.

Posted (edited)

Duncan Ferguson's probably wealthier than most of our board. He's not going to be squeezing the club for thousands

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

5 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Still radio silence from the club - getting a bit ridiculous now.

Fair enough if they have waited until after the Board meeting but if nothing comes out today it is a joke.

Even a short statement would go a long way.

“We are devastated at what has happened this season. We are committed to doing whatever is best for the club, are considering all options and will provide further information when we can.” 

That took me twenty seconds to come up with. Could have been posted on Saturday evening.

More than likely that if redundancies and contracts are involved the board will have passed their decisions to their solicitors for legal clarification and failsafe.

With that it is highly unlikely that other than smaller items being leaked we won't hear anything regarding the bigger picture soon.

1 minute ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Even a short statement would go a long way.

“We are devastated at what has happened this season. We are committed to doing whatever is best for the club, are considering all options and will provide further information when we can.” 

That took me twenty seconds to come up with. Could have been posted on Saturday evening.

Do you honestly think that would have done any good though? Releasing a statement that essentially says nothing with the whole fan base angry and looking for answers doesn't do anybody any good.

You could argue that they could have had this board meeting earlier than Monday but considering the decisions that have to be made leaving it a couple of days to try and avoid making rash emotional decisions was probably the right way to do it.

I was told Morrison was 'in tears' at full time on Saturday.  Hopefully at the realisation of his own failure in appointing well known shite manager and all round moron Duncan Ferguson.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Do you honestly think that would have done any good though? Releasing a statement that essentially says nothing with the whole fan base angry and looking for answers doesn't do anybody any good.

You could argue that they could have had this board meeting earlier than Monday but considering the decisions that have to be made leaving it a couple of days to try and avoid making rash emotional decisions was probably the right way to do it.

I think it would have done a lot of good. Always worth acknowledging when fans are angry - or even just acknowledging that the fans exist! 

5 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

I think it would have done a lot of good. Always worth acknowledging when fans are angry - or even just acknowledging that the fans exist! 

I disagree. It would have just riled everyone up even more imo.

It's shite that we don't have a clue what is going on but I would rather they took their time to at least get as much info out as possible about what is going to happen going forward. Do I actually have any faith that is going to happen? No, I am fully expecting a statement full of rage from Gardiner and it will be a complete car crash.

Can't believe your a league 1 team next season , was in the Inverness end for the cup final last year and was a hoot, bit of shit show season this year but you'll love coming to the bright lights of Kelty this season lads 

12 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Can't believe your a league 1 team next season , was in the Inverness end for the cup final last year and was a hoot, bit of shit show season this year but you'll love coming to the bright lights of Kelty this season lads 

Driving back from Edinburgh on Sunday we drove past the sign and my son piped up in the back " At least we can go to Kelty next season, we've never been there before!"

"From the mouths of babes" and all that....

I wish I shared his 'glass half-full' view of our current situation.

Thinking about it further, the lack of anything from the club suggests to me that there was no planning done in advance of relegation.

Surley the board meeting last night should have been along the lines of.  "Well were relegated, lets proceed with the plan we had in place should this happen"