"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The podcast is very good - lots of discussion, saying many of things that I'm sure all our fans have been.

Some interesting snippets about it though - this was going to happen even if we'd stayed up and apparently even if the battery farm money (£3m+) had come through we were going to do it.  It seems like no-one at the club knew it was coming, including the players and staff.  Moff noted that several of the people he knows at the club found out about it from him.  It's just absolutely appalling, a terrible way to treat people.  

That's utterly shambolic. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

It's disgusting to treat fans and staff as they have done, all club credibility in tatters throughout the Scottish Footballing Community.

You have to ask what kind of mentality possesses the man who came up with this.

Superiority complex or an idiot, or both.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I understand that Clach are trying to take their opportunity while local enthusiasm for ICT is at an all time low, but Gardiner is definitely petty enough to make sure they don't get anymore ICT loan players and cancel the Inverness Cup, which I'm sure was a nice earner for Clach last season.

I can't imagine that many turned up for what was really a midweek friendly with no other teams taking part.

34 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Does deluded Roy not understand the not so subtle difference between ICT and County? ... ie his millions!

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Does deluded Roy not understand the not so subtle difference between ICT and County? ... ie his millions!

There is that, absolutely. No argument.

But I've always thought County make a good effort with the community stuff and keep at it in a way that ICT don't seem to have done for some reason, and are good at encouraging young 'uns and families. That's not only about money, it's an attitude.

It's this link with community that I think will ultimately shaft ICT if all this nonsense comes to pass. And the Highlands, whichever team folk support, will be much poorer if Caley go tits up.

Edited by Lanky Highlander
typo

8 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

There is that, absolutely. No argument.

But I've always thought County make a good effort with the community stuff and keep at it in a way that ICT don't seem to have done for some reason, and are good at encouraging young 'uns and families. That's not only about money, it's an attitude.

It's this link with community that I think will ultimately shaft ICT if all this nonsense comes to pass. And the Highlands, whichever team folk support, will be much poorer if Caley go tits up.

Aye, that's good to hear but it's easier to be philanthropic in the community when you're flush with cash. But yes, nothings ever black and white, there's obviously been some poor management at ICT along the way.

You know, I must seem very anti County but I also feel for the County fans who have followed their club from the HL days as they will still get tagged with the glory hunters label. I guess I'm still tainted from having to watch at very close quarters the sudden rise and inevitable crash of the Gr£tna village debacle. I genuinely hope your club manages to come out the other side intact.

The community engagement side is run by the ICT Trust, who do all the schools outreach, the summer courses, the Inverness Football Memories etc.  

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The community engagement side is run by the ICT Trust, who do all the schools outreach, the summer courses, the Inverness Football Memories etc.  

Memories of first team players being spotted in the town rather than commuting 100 miles away in Fife?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Wait til Gardiner sees this, the courier will be banned from press conferences 

What would Jim Traynor do..?

Edited by bunglebonce

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

What would Jim Traynor do..?

An aggressive strategy of belligerence concomitant with the absence of a scintilla of self awareness. 

Bring it on. 

Edited by sophia
typo

Has one single person actually come out and agreed with this decision? You normally seem to get a few that will always agree no matter how wild the decision is but I don’t think I’ve seen a single one.

52 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

And a fine job they do too.

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Has one single person actually come out and agreed with this decision? You normally seem to get a few that will always agree no matter how wild the decision is but I don’t think I’ve seen a single one.

Scot Gardiner and Stoc Daringer. 

It is notable that the local press are going hard against it - usually they just report on what's said at press conferences etc, they really need good relationships with the club etc.  I know for a fact that the chairman and the CEO have not treated the media well in the past.  To be fair, our club does not have a good recent history of relations with the media - really since Terry Butcher left.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

To be fair, our club does not have a good recent history of relations with the media - really since Terry Butcher left.

What do you have a good recent history of TBF?  Making sure incompetent managers can get a good payout?

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

What do you have a good recent history of TBF?  Making sure incompetent managers can get a good payout?

We are the current best in Scotland for perma-raging seething statements.

You'll never sing that.