"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

18 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If we're all just making up rumours, I heard that Fife council will allow it, but Gardiner has to book the pitches one week ahead on the council website like everyone else.

Yon c**t would still manage to book the wrong pitch. 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

46 minutes ago, jagster said:

Been told in the last hour by someone close to McGregor of all people that administration is going to happen. Also McGregor has purchased the courier offices round from the stadium and it is going to be turned into Globals new HQ   
Though this guy has a box or whatever in Dingwall so he could be taking the piss   He’s a sound guy so maybe right enough 

Roy buying the Courier buildings is certainly a rumour doing the rounds.

32 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

If you rent a house from the council and then rent it to someone else, I'm pretty sure an appearance in court will swiftly follow.

Someone very close to me done  that when they went abroad for 3 months and were evicted when they were found out 

36 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Roy buying the Courier buildings is certainly a rumour doing the rounds.

Purchase has been finalised now apparently 

I know Highlands and Islands Airports have been very keen to get shot of the Courier building ever since the centralised air traffic thing fell though. I hadn't heard about Global being interested, although it would make sense for them given how close that building is to the Freeport area.

On 24/05/2024 at 13:15, Wacky said:

The fans can either help the club’s demise or survival. Which one will holding back your financial support help? You can either let it fade away or try to fight to help save it. 
Either way it’s a shit place to be, but if you still have a club you can try to change it’s structure and fortunes. 

Your club simply withheld funds from creditors. The last group of fans ICT should take advice from is you lot. You were fan owned then sold out to some a German outfit. If I were an ICT fan who is looking for long term change starving the club of cash is the only way to force change. Get organised, get competent people involved in a supporters group and start raising cash. 

5 minutes ago, BPM said:

Your club simply withheld funds from creditors. The last group of fans ICT should take advice from is you lot. You were fan owned then sold out to some a German outfit. If I were an ICT fan who is looking for long term change starving the club of cash is the only way to force change. Get organised, get competent people involved in a supporters group and start raising cash. 

There endeth the sermon from the moral high ground.

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

You are indeed right, our club owner couldn't pay the bills and ran the club like his personal piggy bank. When he was found out and the shit hit the fan, the fans rallied and took the club over, fortunately the majority of the people owed money wrote it off to help save the club. The guy at the helm brought investors into the club as he  admitted he was well out his depth.

The fact that they are Germans is irrelevant isn’t it?
The clubs new majority shareholders are going forward with the plans they outlined when they came in, admittedly things appear to be stalling right now but I’m very confident they can turn it around. 
I genuinely hope for a good outcome for ICT, because they look like they are heading for the rocks right now. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Aye cos every single Pars fan was involved in the financial running of the club and therefore can never comment on financial matters ever again.

Also showing a hint of xenophobia there.

Starving a clownshoe board of funds is a viable strategy to force change, but the risks should not be passed over lightly. Morton have been very fortunate on two occasions now. Firstly, that there was someone with the resources who was willing to pick up the pieces after Hugh Scott's protracted and extremely damaging departure in the early 2000s. Then again that the bulk of the debt piled up by that new owner's subsequent, doddery mismanagement accrued to his family that wanted to cut their losses, get out and restore a long-term legacy by prioritising fan ownership over other potential takeover options. We do not deserve and should not be risking a third time of asking. 

From an outside perspective it seems more likely that the Inverness board would just chuck it and go rather than do a Hugh Scott. A key complicating factor though may be who actually owns and stands to benefit from the battery farm proposal though. 

Even administration and points deduction in League One might not necessarily rule out a run at the promotion play-off. But unless you inherently trust some other consortium to take over immediately, the crucial step that has to be in place is a supporters' organisation that has the credibility to make decisions, hold the club to account and get buy-in from the majority of the fanbase. If the Supporters' Trust or other body has been discredited by association with the current regime then it won't end well. 

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I know Highlands and Islands Airports have been very keen to get shot of the Courier building ever since the centralised air traffic thing fell though. I hadn't heard about Global being interested, although it would make sense for them given how close that building is to the Freeport area.

Doubtless there are vultures eying up the stadium land too..

image.thumb.png.ef9164c1349df2bfb1b323570d2a72e9.png

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

said exactly that a few days ago @welshbairn

that land is worth far more than just as a stadium 

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Gardiner's next hare-brained scheme will be to try and rezone the stadium into the freeport to take advantage of the tax breaks etc. 

14 minutes ago, Oats said:

said exactly that a few days ago @welshbairn

that land is worth far more than just as a stadium 

Sure they would probably fall out with Tullochs if they did that since the Stadium was given as a gift to the club. It shouldn't be their's and their's only to do as they please with.

I'm starting to think that ownership of the stadium was a mistake and ironically our problems went up another level around the same time.

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I can see my work there.  And no, I'm not Scot Gardiner.

Posted (edited)

I still think it would be a nice place for a hotel with fantastic views across the Moray Firth. A retail park next door and an access road of the A9 already there. Council would be in the money and the directors of the club would get their money back. Everyone happy, except .......

Groundsharing with whom?

Edited by CityDave94

19 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Sure they would probably fall out with Tullochs if they did that since the Stadium was given as a gift to the club. It shouldn't be their's and their's only to do as they please with.

I'm starting to think that ownership of the stadium was a mistake and ironically our problems went up another level around the same time.

since when did falling out with local businesses matter to Gardiner??

13 minutes ago, Oats said:

since when did falling out with local businesses matter to Gardiner??

He's not improved anything, its got worse, but that torpedo was already in the water before he arrived.