"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

6 hours ago, Connor Macleod said:

.... need to desperately add quality & depth to the squad but we don't have the funds to do that. ... 

Take that up with those advocating for starving the club of money

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

A big win for Brora in their cup final. Hope they enjoy the rest of their season playing the likes of Bonar Bridge and the Crofters' Alliance. 

Careful maybe youse in a couple of seasons the way your going!

4-1 even in a friendly run out it is a concern and moral sapping for our youngsters and suggests we need to strengthen the squad as soon as possible, but where is the money coming from? posts on both forums from fans refusing to renew until Gardiner is gone so the Board to take heed as possible Investors will be aware of fans ST and merchandise purchasing objections.

The immediate answer is simple, Gardiner jottered and money starts to come in.

9 hours ago, Connor Macleod said:

Sandy is taking one for the team! Distracting the haters while this result goes under the radar... 

The haters are no problem,at least they are honest with wanting to see Caley finished, it's the twats that come on with their false concerns that beggers belief.

39 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The haters are no problem,at least they are honest with wanting to see Caley finished, it's the twats that come on with their false concerns that beggers belief.

#thegardinerapproachtorelationshipbuilding

I think anybody that thought we’d be challenging for the title with this current squad was living on another planet to be honest. A handful of first teamers (some washed, some extremely young and the majority being absolutely dogshit) alongside a group of kids, who at best have a few Highland League appearances, managed by Duncan fucking Ferguson with absolutely no depth at all was never gonna seriously challenge. 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Your head has totally gone.  😂 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:25, forkboy said:

That seems...troubling. Hope they are able to find a replacement physio quickly, maybe not before the League Cup starts but at least before the league campaign starts.

Seems utterly baffling that Gardiner hasn't been put on gardening leave just to move on from a pretty disastrous period.

I believe they won't put him on gardening leave because then there wouldn't be anyone who has a clue what to do to keep things running. He's manipulated things over the years and been so controlling that nobody else knows how things are run or what to do. He never allowed any delegation and everything went through him. Now making him 'invaluable' by his own design. 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

4-1 even in a friendly run out it is a concern and moral sapping for our youngsters and suggests we need to strengthen the squad as soon as possible, but where is the money coming from? posts on both forums from fans refusing to renew until Gardiner is gone so the Board to take heed as possible Investors will be aware of fans ST and merchandise purchasing objections.

The immediate answer is simple, Gardiner jottered and money starts to come in.

I'm continously baffled by the accepted silver bullet solution I.e. Gardiner gets a P45 and all is solved. There are people on the board who have got a very easy ride and are as culpable as Gardiner. I understand that investment is certainly available but is dependent on a mass clearout of blazers. These individuals think they are in with the bricks and are content to have power without responsibility. Certainly, Gardiner needs to go but I have every sympathy with an investor holding on until a root and branch reset is undertaken , otherwise its a different circus with the same clowns.

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

I believe they won't put him on gardening leave because then there wouldn't be anyone who has a clue what to do to keep things running. He's manipulated things over the years and been so controlling that nobody else knows how things are run or what to do. He never allowed any delegation and everything went through him. Now making him 'invaluable' by his own design. 

Aye, but they know he's going to be off when his notice period runs out, right? I ask because right now the Caley board don't exactly seem to be exuding professionalism. I don't really see why allowing Gardiner another couple months to fanny about, doing whatever it is he does, is preferable to just moving on, because either way you're going to need to have someone clean up the mess he's left behind, surely better to do it now than kick the can down the road until September/October. It's not as if he brings stability

Or are they just kidding on he's leaving to try to appease fans but as soon as season tickets are sold & they season starts they'll go back on it & keep him in place? Not that I think that would happen because it'd be such an extreme breach of trust between fans & the board, but can't really see many other angles it makes sense from to not just pull off the plaster now.

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

Or are they just kidding on he's leaving to try to appease fans but as soon as season tickets are sold & they season starts they'll go back on it & keep him in place? Not that I think that would happen because it'd be such an extreme breach of trust between fans & the board, but can't really see many other angles it makes sense from to not just pull off the plaster now.

The worst thing is that absolutely nobody would be surprised if this actually happened.

The North Caley doesn't start until August 17th, I'm sure ICT could borrow a club secretary for a few weeks and deputise one of the director's accountants to look after the money side. Was Gardiner running ICT single handed or what? 

8 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

I'm continously baffled by the accepted silver bullet solution I.e. Gardiner gets a P45 and all is solved. There are people on the board who have got a very easy ride and are as culpable as Gardiner. I understand that investment is certainly available but is dependent on a mass clearout of blazers. These individuals think they are in with the bricks and are content to have power without responsibility. Certainly, Gardiner needs to go but I have every sympathy with an investor holding on until a root and branch reset is undertaken , otherwise its a different circus with the same clowns.

Yup, Gardiner didn't feature at all in the business records of the mad concert, car park and battery farm schemes, any non club profits would have gone to directors. 

6 hours ago, forkboy said:

Aye, but they know he's going to be off when his notice period runs out, right? I ask because right now the Caley board don't exactly seem to be exuding professionalism. I don't really see why allowing Gardiner another couple months to fanny about, doing whatever it is he does, is preferable to just moving on, because either way you're going to need to have someone clean up the mess he's left behind, surely better to do it now than kick the can down the road until September/October. It's not as if he brings stability

I fully believe that Gardiner will leave whenever his super secret notice period is done and it would be hugely beneficial to fan investment (and perhaps outside investment too) if he was ushered away to wash his orange sash for the coming weeks/months for around £10k a month. 

The board seem utterly incapable or unwilling to take any level of responsibility for the day to day running of the club. This has been the case for years where Morrison et al were more than happy to leave Gardiner with no oversight and complete control of everything leading to this situation. They are now like rabbits in the headlights and have not the slightest clue what is actually going on at the club. Hence the situation where the (former) Chairman was shocked and surprised that fans had issues with moving all our football operations to Kelty. If the club had even a modicum of engagement with fans or the supporters trust this would have been clearly apparent. 

Board appear to have been, (and continue to be) completely disassociated from the reality on the ground, no doubt exacerbated by Gardiner blowing smoke up the board's ass and saying everything was just peachy and it was just the odd 'clickbait proponents' stirring up trouble. 

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, Gardiner didn't feature at all in the business records of the mad concert, car park and battery farm schemes, any non club profits would have gone to directors. 

Well no, but he was front and centre in running/organising all three.

Annan are probably shooting above ourselves to stay in league 1.

Last time we played Inverness in the League Cup up in Inverness you beat us 4 nil, before that we played you in a Scottish Cup tie when we were non league- we took an early 1 nil lead then ended up thrashed 9-1.

Changed times for us I hope - interesting match on Saturday as Wullie rebuilds his squad.

44 minutes ago, sophia said:

据英国广播公司报道,有一些好的投资新闻

Exactly this ... and twice weekly as well ...