"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

This has Scott Gardiner written all over it. Good luck lads

Yup, likely still pushing the bollox that the stadium is in the Freeport zone so everything's tax free.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

12 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I just have to point out that Michael Jacobson linked on that Linkedin page is listed on his own page as an "Entertainment Impresario International Business Leader & Advisor Media | Entertainment | Arts | Culture | Board & Government Advisory" which even by the standards of LinkedIn comes off as particularly wanky.

Anyway, I've looked at too much LinkedIn for one day & now have to go outside & touch grass to remember that most of the world isn't like that.

With the combination of all those buzzwords of the day like Blockchain & AI/ML & Crypto, if that didn't set off alarm bells on the Caley board then they either aren't paying attention or don't particularly care anymore.

Our board had the alarm bells disconnected a long, long time ago...

The club have been involved in intensive discussions with Seventy7 Ventures, a UK-based sports, entertainment and leisure group and are confident their investment will secure the future of the club"

The UK-based sports & leisure group:

🚩 1 employee & minus £16,000 capital

🚩 The sole employee and Chief executive is also the sole employee of "Cryptolytx Ltd" - with minus £20,000 capital 

Inverness Caley what are you doing 🤦‍♂️

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It must be pretty simple for them to prove they've got funds to buy newly issued shares.  ALthough, given our idiots crew of a board, it wouldn't surprise me if we accepted an IOU.

We can lend you @Vietnam91 for a bit, if you like? He has extensive recent experience dissecting batshit-crazy bids with no financial foundations whatsoever.

Mind you, in our case, at least we had an alternative.

24 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

This gives me asset stripper vibes. 

I’m not overly clued up on this kind of stuff 

What does this mean and what on earth could this guy actually be getting out of trying to do this deal for himself personally?

Eta - I obviously know what assets are and what asset stripping is but how or why would he go about that

Edited by 1320Lichtie

If ever there was an argument for a move to fan ownership model then this is it. 

There are, of course, challenges with that, but it does massively reduce the chances of a beleaguered, weary, Board of Directors selling up at the first glimpse of an exit. 

Changes can be desirable. Change can be a necessity. But this doesn't even have a whiff of being a viable alternative. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m not overly clued up on this kind of stuff 

What does this mean and what on earth could this guy actually be getting out of trying to do this deal for himself personally?

I presume him/his company now owns the land the stadium is built on?

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

what on earth could this guy actually be getting out of trying to do this deal for himself personally?

Ego and a craving for attention. Nobody knows who a small time businessman is. Everyone knows who the owner of the local football club is. 

If they're acting as a conduit for other investors why not just say so, even if they want to remain anonymous?

3 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

I presume him/his company now owns the land the stadium is built on?

The council owns the land, the club has a lease on it.

It looks like either this guy had immense personal wealth , or his company is a conduit/broker for the actual investors. Seventy7 clearly aren’t the investors going by their books.

Clearly all his wealth is in his crypto wallets to avoid declaring to the tax man and I expect we will be using the dark web for future transfers of foreign talent