"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, RiG said:

It's The Sun so I've obviously not clicked the link so I am not fully aware of what it contains. Hopefully it was just the club exploring options but I guess we'll wait and see.

Looks like The Courier, like they did with the LinkedIn weirdo, jumped in two footed once more?

Going to be some salty tears from certain slavering posters on here today about this after jizzing their pants y'day at the death of The Caley

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Savage has mentioned admin since the day he came in, it’s always been a possibility, but one he has actively said he was looking to avoid despite it being easier to sort out the club. The deductions and likelihood of League 2 and strong chance of relegation to the Highland League has put him off for now. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Savage has mentioned admin since the day he came in, it’s always been a possibility, but one he has actively said he was looking to avoid despite it being easier to sort out the club. The deductions and likelihood of League 2 and strong chance of relegation to the Highland League has put him off for now. 

It’s almost like he’s being a competent businessman by having fall back options reviewed and ready to go if need be. 

Unlike previous incumbents of the club doing the proverbial firing all our eggs in one basket (concert company, battery farm etc) and hoping for the best. 

I’m sure he would be trying to avoid a potential return to the Highland League at all costs.

Its an absolute c**t of a league to get out of and while I’m sure he’d give the necessary backing I’m not sure if he really wants a “5 year project” getting us back to the Championship at his age. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We were first to tell you of Alan Savage's remarkable return to the club after the exits of chief executive Scot Gardiner and owner Ketan Mekwana.

Ok, so it's The Sun and about as reliable as a politician is honest, but reading that, this bit stuck out. Are they claiming Mekwana did actually complete his purchase of the club? Because that seems like total drivel from the outside

Halfway through the latest podcast and Savage has confirmed Gardiner has a cease and desist order against him.  Presumably one to stop him burying him at every opportunity.

Savage also mentions the 'Brora Rangers centre forward', who I presume he means Jordan MacRae.  He's one of the 4/5 HL players we should be signing in the summer on free transfers IMO (99% of HL players will be on 1 year deals).  We should be getting him back to the club.  I think he was released in 2016 aged 17/18.

The only hurdle would be these boys will all have day jobs.

Edited by TheScarf

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Savage also mentions the 'Brora Ranger centre forward', who I presume he means Jordan MacRae.  He's one of the 4/5 HL players we should be signing in the summer on free transfers IMO (99% of HL players will be on 1 year deals).  We should be getting him back to the club.  I think he was released in 2016 aged 17/18.

Double swoop for MacRae and Sutherland. Bring them home.

1 minute ago, Worktheshaft said:

Double swoop for MacRae and Sutherland. Bring them home.

Yeah MacRae and Sutherland are two of the five I was thinking of.  Sutherland would of course tell the club to cunt off.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Savage also mentions the 'Brora Rangers centre forward', who I presume he means Jordan MacRae.  He's one of the 4/5 HL players we should be signing in the summer on free transfers IMO (99% of HL players will be on 1 year deals).  We should be getting him back to the club.  I think he was released in 2016 aged 17/18.

No harm in having a few part-time boys for the time being. I think a few clubs in the Championship/League One have had hybrid set-ups. I’d rather have a good part-time player than absolute diddy ‘full time’ footballers like Luis Longstaff and Cameron Ferguson.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Given the SC results at the wknd, clearly the HL is doing something right with 11 teams through, lets see what happens in future rounds but I dont think the gap between HL and lower ends of League2 at least are much

Those 11 teams who got through, 3 were against fellow Highland League sides, 2 were against (bottom half) Lowland League sides, and the rest were against sides from Tier 6 or below (2 from Tier 6, 3 from Tier 7 and 1 from Tier 10). I don't think that tells you anything at all about the strength of the Highland League.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah MacRae and Sutherland are two of the five I was thinking of.  Sutherland would of course tell the club to cunt off.

Do you reckon if the old regime was all gone Sutherland would fancy another go playing for us? Think he still went to some games when he was injured and had no club so probably still loves The Caley (who doesn’t?) 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Do you reckon if the old regime was all gone Sutherland would fancy another go playing for us? Think he still went to some games when he was injured and had no club so probably still loves The Caley (who doesn’t?) 

I'm not sure he would.  I think that particular bridge is at the bottom of the River Ness.

At the very start of our banter years we tried to sign Gary Fraser from Buckie but expected them to cough him up on a free.  I'm sure we were also linked with Blair Yule but couldn't work it out.