"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

If ICT fans are wanting to raise as much money as possible to save the club, they should be doing it together through the supporters trust or another organisation, rather than all handing tenners in individually to a crowdfund to simply kick the can of administration a few more weeks down the road.

If as now looks likely administration is unavoidable, as if it comes down to the fans they aren't raising £200K in two weeks or £1.4M+ by the end of the season, there's also something to be said for getting that fundraising going but not handing it straight to the club to help with running costs, rather than saving it for the exit from administration and rebuilding from there with serious influence over the club.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Did they not have a designated finance officer separate from the CEO, or at least a director with those responsibilities? If not the board was hugely negligent, even if they'd had a reliable CEO.

They must have. As is it not part of the sfa licensing that all clubs have a dedicated finance officer. Sounds like the directors are just as useless 

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

They must have. As is it not part of the sfa licensing that all clubs have a dedicated finance officer. Sounds like the directors are just as useless 

The directors seem to have concentrated on hiving off the land around the stadium to their own company, along with the battery farm project. They'll be delighted that their employee Gardiner is getting all the blame.

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

Legally it would not be possible for such a large amount to pass security and be signed off through the bank without another signature. 

There is nothing in the law to stop one individual being a signatory for company expenses.  It is down to the individual company to decide their own Delegation of Financial Authority.

15 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Probably to repay them for money they previously loaned to the club. To pay for the losses that were happy to rack up. 

Getting in first to keep it from other creditors presumably.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Did they not have a designated finance officer separate from the CEO, or at least a director with those responsibilities? If not the board was hugely negligent, even if they'd had a reliable CEO.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Clearly not.  As i said, everything went through him.

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How can a company operate where one guy signs contracts and spends money without it being approved by at least one other senior person?

That is absurd.

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

Legally it would not be possible for such a large amount to pass security and be signed off through the bank without another signature. The other 'directors' are just as culpable in all this. They are legally responsible to ensure the company is being ran properly and to prevent one person (insert non-legitis word) with the company's finances.

Any other CEO of a normal company would be facing a court hearing to explain their actions by now, especially given Gardiner's previous track record 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Inverness holds a Silver licence last renewed in December which obliges them to have a separate Finance Manager "responsible for financial matters at the football club", or else engage an external provider working on at least a monthly cycle of involvement. In either case there must be written contracts and responsibilities plus memberships of an appropriate professional body.

Incidentally with Bronze now required to play above HL/LL wouldn't administration potentially imperil that? Licence is due for renewal within next 3 months.

image.png.b88eb654c3246b5a9b0644561b0ca304.png
image.png.6019670617a72aea89809c4dbc77a1f6.png

image.png.16704e9bd8bcdc1e067c64bfc218766f.png

Edited by HibeeJibee

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Incidentally with Bronze now required to play above HL/LL wouldn't administration potentially imperil that?

image.png.b88eb654c3246b5a9b0644561b0ca304.png
image.png.6019670617a72aea89809c4dbc77a1f6.png

image.png.16704e9bd8bcdc1e067c64bfc218766f.png

I suspect they'll interpret that as not applying to existing holders of a bronze license or above, only to new applicants.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Mikey Edwards has popped up again 

I argued then, and I still believe today, to help secure success and therein financial security for Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the club’s training facilities have to be in the Central Belt of Scotland. I grew up in Inverness and one day I will return to my hometown, because I love it. But young professional footballers might not want to live there if it means they have to up sticks and move their family from Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Stranraer Athletic have done it, Queen of the South have done it, even Kilmarnock have done it.

And having been to war twice, the online abuse I received from fans for my views merited not even a bead of sweat, far less any tears or blood. To survive, we need the best players and the best players are based in Glasgow and Edinburgh and don’t want to live in Inverness. There, I’ve said it again.

One man who did not agree with me, and having exhorted people to speak their minds down 40 years as a journalist, it would be churlish of me to disregard his view, was putative knight in shining armour, Alan Savage. He said the club’s training operation would remain at Fort George and the previously mooted plan of a move to Kelty would be shelved.

I've read that several times and still don't understand.

Killie surely train in Kilmarnock - which isn't that far from Glasgow anyway - plus are building a dedicated centre there?

Stranraer Athletic were a non-league club who folded ~15yrs ago?

Edited by HibeeJibee