• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think there have been murmurings around the Puma deal but no idea if it is being investigated or if anything untoward did happen.

Serious murmurings? Someone on here earlier in the week suggested his partner was a sales exec with Puma but I presumed that was a bad taste joke rather than a fact.

To be honest there's been a lot of holding up the £125k Puma deal as something akin to selling London Bridge to gullible tourists but without the full facts it's hard to know how unreasonable that is. As Sir Tarmo is always keen to point out we're a smaller club than Inverness with an average support half the size and our kit deal with Macron is not all that far short of half of the value of that Puma deal. Do they have women's and girls teams? I presume there's a Youth Academy as Charlie Christie has been said to head it up. How many age levels are being kitted out? Are they funding community kits through your Trust as part of the same contract? These could all cause the contract to be significantly higher than the value of replica kits for the shop. On the face of it it's a pretty high commitment to annual spend but it's not hard to see how it could get up towards that level depending on what all is included.

Edited to amend references to "you" to "they" as you're not an ICT fan.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Serious murmurings? Someone on here earlier in the week suggested his partner was a sales exec with Puma but I presumed that was a bad taste joke rather than a fact.

To be honest there's been a lot of holding up the £125k Puma deal as something akin to selling London Bridge to gullible tourists but without the full facts it's hard to know how unreasonable that is. As Sir Tarmo is always keen to point out we're a smaller club than Inverness with an average support half the size and our kit deal with Macron is not all that far short of half of the value of that Puma deal. Do they have women's and girls teams? I presume there's a Youth Academy as Charlie Christie has been said to head it up. How many age levels are being kitted out? Are they funding community kits through your Trust as part of the same contract? These could all cause the contract to be significantly higher than the value of replica kits for the shop. On the face of it it's a pretty high commitment to annual spend but it's not hard to see how it could get up towards that level depending on what all is included.

Edited to amend references to "you" to "they" as you're not an ICT fan.

IIRC Christie said at the meeting our kit deal in the championship was less than half the 125k Gardiner negotiated for the next 4 years. So probably in the same ballpark as the Queens one? 

9 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

we could draw every game 0-0 and hope Dumbarton lose 80% of their games, then play Elgin City in the playoffs. we will subdue them with our by the book what the no fun coaching academy taught us tactics with a 0-0 over two legs and a win on penalties. worked against Hamilton. what could go wrong?

Dunc doesn’t look at the table. If we continue to dominate every game, start getting penalties and continue to have the best defence in the country, I have no doubt we can stay up.

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nah that was not a joke his wife apparently is a broker for Puma doesn't take a genius to put the pieces together. 

It then starts to makes a lot of sense. 

Battery farm plan is starting to go to shit along with every other idea him & Morrison came up with. He then stops "caring" about the club he knows his time at ICT is drawing nearer to an end he also would've known the financial ruin that was heading the club's way.  

So what does a selfish rat like that do? Makes sure himself, his wife, his dog & all his mates are cushty before be gets outed of the club trying to hang on for dear life milking the club for everything he can get. 

Like I said I wouldn't be shocked to hear he's buddies with someone from Carlisle or he owed someone from Carlisle a favour or he stood to profit money from the deal, some crap like that. 

They'll be a lot more about Gardiner coming out that's what I've been hearing. Savage & co are just being very careful about what they say. 

Edited by Connor Macleod

5 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Whatever the historical reason, the loss of any club under any circumstances isn't good for

A 17th century pagger between two sets of c***s. The loss of most clubs would be sad. Apart from two. 

5 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Not for the tens of thousands of supporters who'd followed their club for decades it wasn't. You've also conveniently forgotten about your club's turmoil at the arse-end of the Jacqui Low era, so we'll agree to disagree.

That'll be the ones that chose to support Rangers when their anti-Catholic culture was at its height including a policy of refusing to sign Catholics because, you know, they were Catholics. You feel sorry for that load of utter scum? GTF.

3 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

Not sure big Dunc understands how football leagues work. 

He claimed after we got relegated that he had, essentially, done a good job as we'd be 6th or 7th in the league based on points since he arrived at the club. 

The fact that we had been relegated seemed to bypass him entirely. 

17 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

How can something be more than certain?

Also, a 15 point deduction would have Caley 12 behind Dumbarton with 27 games left, including three against Dumbarton. That really doesn’t seem insurmountable to me. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Also, a 15 point deduction would have Caley 12 behind Dumbarton with 27 games left, including three against Dumbarton. That really doesn’t seem insurmountable to me. 

It is if the administrators decide to keep Ferguson in charge.

Hopefully Ferguson f**ks off during Admin and someone can take over that’ll rally the players and get a siege mentality going (like Dundee) and we could maybe just maybe scrape 9th. 

His defeatist pish, pedestrian football, his love of draws and worst of all the utter shite he slavers on a regular basis is hardly going to motivate anyone, players and fans alike. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

... His defeatist pish, pedestrian football, his love of draws and worst of all the utter shite he slavers on a regular basis is hardly going to motivate anyone, players and fans alike. 

Reminds me of a certain M. Bartley esq. tbf ...

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Would depend on which players are kept on by the Administrators. They could quite easily decide that a number of high earners will need to be sold/released asap to bring costs down.

Could be fully left with young and inexperienced players.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Would depend on which players are kept on by the Administrators. They could quite easily decide that a number of high earners will need to be sold/released asap to bring costs down.

Could be fully left with young and inexperienced players.

Without question that's what will happen. The whole first team? Probably not, but all the high earners will be out. 

For their sake I hope that whatever players union is in place is already waiting to step in and help them.

11 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The trajectory we're currently on, ICT could field their supporters team and still overhaul us.

11 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The trajectory we're currently on, ICT could field their supporters team and still overhaul us.

We could field the FIFA World XI and Big Dunc would find a way to draw the game