"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

DAFC officials got staff to contact the guy in charge of a Pars online forum and tell him to delete posts in our pre-admin days.

He actually did it as well, the big coward that he is.

Gardiner stopped anyone from the club appearing on the ICT fans podcast after they were slightly critical round about the time Dodds got sacked 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

4 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

It's a shame Arbroath aren't large enough to have their own forum. In our case, CTO serves as a useful arena for our esteemed elderly fans to debate in, leaving P&B for those with more youthful and/or more abstract outlooks.

Arbroath's lack of a forum means that all the village dafties are let loose in here, souring the experience for everyone.

We had out own in the late 90's/early 2000's. It was quite active but as technology moved on and the owner of the site got busier he shut it down. This was before P&B arrived.

22 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

We had out own in the late 90's/early 2000's. It was quite active but as technology moved on and the owner of the site got busier he shut it down. This was before P&B arrived.

In most parts of Scotland, football forums are not advanced technology. I can’t promise the same for Arbroath.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

DAFC officials got staff to contact the guy in charge of a Pars online forum and tell him to delete posts in our pre-admin days.

This wasn’t illegal or questionable content either, just posts that criticised the club or made them look daft.

This happened with us fairly recently. Months ago IIRC. Myself and others were contacted by the club and people associated with the club and told to remove posts on FB/X that were criticising players/the management team at the time

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Gardiner stopped anyone from the club appearing on the ICT fans podcast after they were slightly critical round about the time Dodds got sacked 

Memories. Probably the first time the podcast could really be described as really critical (especially given as a few folk thought it was a bit happy clappy) and he threw a strop and refused to let us chat with anyone.  

14 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Even funnier if you imagine the journalist received it in the format of:

I TAKE NO INTEREST IN THE VIEWS OF DISGRUNTLED PEOPLE WHO ULTIMATELY FAILED AT THEIR JOBS.” 

Hopefully there is something that can be sorted out last minute here and the worst doesn't happen.

Quite staggering that nowhere on the BBC Scottish football homepage there is no direct mention of ICT and admin and plenty of Ronaldo going down a water slide! As clear and indication of how little folk there care for important clubs outside the bubble they are in!

If admin does come, the fact that the debt isn't massive is hopefully a positive and ICT come out of this stronger. 

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Hopefully there is something that can be sorted out last minute here and the worst doesn't happen.

Quite staggering that nowhere on the BBC Scottish football homepage there is no direct mention of ICT and admin and plenty of Ronaldo going down a water slide! As clear and indication of how little folk there care for important clubs outside the bubble they are in!

If admin does come, the fact that the debt isn't massive is hopefully a positive and ICT come out of this stronger. 

I know what you are saying, but I think for the club to survive it needs to go into admin, as much as that is not ideal it is more realistic than someone having to fill a black hole every month with endless pots of cash.

18 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

11 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I know what you are saying, but I think for the club to survive it needs to go into admin, as much as that is not ideal it is more realistic than someone having to fill a black hole every month with endless pots of cash.

Yeah, I literally went to bed last night thinking a last minute injection of the £120k needed to get the GoFundMe over the line at the death would possibly be about the worst thing that could happen at this point, as it would be highly unlikely to avoid the inevitable in the ever-so-slightly longer term. At the same time, I thought it would be absolutely typical of this saga for exactly that to happen, though.

1 minute ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Yeah, I literally went to bed last night thinking a last minute injection of the £120k needed to get the GoFundMe over the line at the death would possibly be about the worst thing that could happen at this point, as it would be highly unlikely to avoid the inevitable in the ever-so-slightly longer term. At the same time, I thought it would be absolutely typical of this saga for exactly that to happen, though.

So the £200k would just be to keep the club as it was a few weeks back?

Admin does seem the cleanest way to sort it long term, but would make things much much harder in the medium term as borrowing would be near impossible and will be a hand to mouth existence.

Flip would be that the innevitable relegation and league 2 next season would be a nice reset for a journey back up the leagues.

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This wasn’t illegal or questionable content either, just posts that criticised the club or made them look daft.

He actually did it as well, the big coward that he is.

If I was in charge of our team's forum, I'd see it as the first job of the day to delete all the wanky comments from anonymous keyboard warriors. And Arbroath fans.

17 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

"I would just like to clarify that should we go into Administration, all funds raised will be used to fund the club expenses in the Administration period and will not be expended on professional fees. "

I think you'll find that this is a decision for the administrators, not for you.

Depends where the money is. If they did the sensible thing and set up a fund which is legally separate from the Club then the administrator can't touch it.