"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think caley fans seem to see this admin lark as an easy ride whilst it is anything but. Savage has 300k to spend but you will need a lot more than that to get out of admin I'm afraid.

Could be a long drawn out process.

Motherwell (April 2002) took 2 years to exit Administration.

Hearts (June 2013) took a year.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Is the constant narrative with Inverness not that to attract full time players of decent quality (and you can argue whether that had been achieved) you have to pay them more than the equivalent team in the central belt, plus accommodation costs to get players to uproot?

That could add substantially to the wages and expenses side of things, and getting no discernible extra benefit out of it. I suppose that’s where the curious Kelty idea grew from.

I don't think that's necessarily true. It's just a mindset of those that have been running the club.  In particular some players don't like being away from the central belt. And have gotten that better offer. But on the other hand players from elsewhere wouldn't think that way. 

Charlie Christie also just mentioned he's had an offer from Ryan's agent to go to Sweden. To consistently bring in player's willing to play for £400 a week who would be more interested in coming for the exposure.

Edited by Juanhourjoe

11 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I think it’s clear to absolutely everyone that he’s not got a great track record as a manager/coach. It was an appointment that your board though would “stimulate” an upwards turn in fortune.

It was clear to just about everyone else that it was a HUGE gamble. 

Your board failed you. That much is clear. You and I would never have appointed him.

Well, the opinion at the time was that it was gonna be a white knuckle ride - he's certainly delivered! 

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Two Scottish Cups in the same era as the dinosaurs. Congratulations. 

More Scottish cups, more challenge cups, more league titles and that's with around 30k less of the   population size of Inverness. All that and let's face it hardly any of those 79k give a monkeys about their team which is why you get dreadful crowds and could only rustle up 80k when you needed 200k

Edited by Shodwall cat

28 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I have no idea what club you support, but I certainly won’t be spending my time visiting your threads talking with authority on things I know nothing about and then deflecting when I get found out. An extremely embarrassing episode for you.

What was I “found out” over? Caley being financial cheats, admitting that Ferguson on the football side was really bad at his job or saying that he deserved some respect for not taking his wages? 

Edited by Sortmeout

24 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

You can have your opinion and everyone is welcome to it. Coming on to another thread trying to lecture a fanbase on Duncan Ferguson, when you know absolutely nothing about the situation, will be rightly called out. 

You don’t even know enough about Scottish football to know what strips clubs wear.

12 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

An appropriate post, considering you're about a week away from having John 'Yogi' Hughes in the dugout.

Yogi would be an improvement on what they have to be fair. Under Ferguson they have no hope on overcoming the points deduction. At least with another manager they'd have almost no chance.

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I thought the summer was the passing of the banter club baton, but seeing Falkirk fans lecture Inverness fans about how their club is run makes me think that this is the proper handing over ceremony.

Genuinely don't get this..we planned for a £450000 loss every year we were in league 1 as it's impossible for a full time club not to but that was preagreed to be covered by directors loans...in the championship before that we were doing fine & had over 1 million in the bank at one stage which was frittered away in paying off duds over 2/3 years. Had we stayed down last year we would have had to go part-time as no directors prepared to pony up anymore.....there is no comparison to be made

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I thought the summer was the passing of the banter club baton, but seeing Falkirk fans lecture Inverness fans about how their club is run makes me think that this is the proper handing over ceremony.

At least we managed 5 seasons in league one . ICT are going bust after 5 mins.