• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Answers my question about what is the point in having him here.

With him gone its probably raised the squad quality to f***ing dodgy rather than just utter dogshit.

So are we going to sign a center back then?

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Got to also consider that with a squad like that we were making some substantial losses. Perhaps the board have decided not to aim for promotion this season, tighten the belts and hope for mid table and cut the losses or turn a profit (wishful thinking). 

I agree with you in as much as I don't think any self respecting club should be betting the house on a dream. That doesn't mean to say that investing for mediocrity should be the ambition of our board. Without the luxury of a largesse hitherto unearthed, I would be happy with housekeeping commensurate with our status.

So that's Max Ram gone another forgettable ICT player during the Dodds Saga. He never seemed fit or good enough for this level so quite happy to see him go. 14 appearances in all competitions says it all he's rarely been involved in the squad and the wage can be used for better things. Surely this means we're signing a centre back very soon! 

Edited by Supercaleyman94

With a week to go in the window surely there aren’t many out there who would actually be a major improvement. You’d think they have already been signed up.

Its looking like a disaster of a transfer window.

On 24/08/2023 at 18:16, TheScarf said:

Most of the prize money last season has been paid to the folk who have been putting money in. 

They, whoever they are, Directors? must have been putting in big bucks as the prize money, gate receipts and Radio/TV money over the three games was substantial, Celtic received over £600,000 prize money for the final alone.

Obviously there were operating costs and tax after that.

They must have put in contractual loans which will show in next years set of accounts.

But it begs the question as to why no real money was set aside for transfers.

Years to come Dodds will use the injuries and lack of money excuses for his failures.

While we languish in the lower leagues.

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, RiG said:

If we think we can get through the season with Devine, Delaney and Duffy as our CBs we may as well start preparing for life in League 1.

I’d say around half our squad is comfortably league 1 standard or worse.

Where do folk think we will finish this season? I think the current squad could slip into the bottom 2. I don’t think a better manager would get us any higher than 7th.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I’d say around half our squad is comfortably league 1 standard or worse.

Where do folk think we will finish this season? I think the current squad could slip into the bottom 2. I don’t think a better manager would get us any higher than 7th.

Highest prediction - 4th, lowest prediction - 9th. I think we will end up 8th.

Edited by RiG

Apart from Arbroath I am struggling to see who we are better than. Ayr maybe? Then again they did just beat us and have brought Logan Chalmers in. Airdrie? Based off of the League Cup game they looked like a decent side and played good football. 9th could be a genuine possibility and I can't see us getting higher than 7th.

We have a soft as shit defence, with no depth to it, only Shaw who could be described as a threat out wide and midfield centrally hasn't look great either. Some of the players in our squad are far too good for a relegation battle but the way we are now I could see us being involved in one.

A team with some glaringly obvious weaknesses and a shite manager is a recipe for disaster.

On 25/08/2023 at 10:17, PB1994 said:

We’ve been losing about £800k a year for the last 5 years. It isn’t exactly a mystery to where the cup final cash has gone.

And we will continue to lose that sum as the post I replied to highlighted that the SC money went to repay those who had put money in, not to cover the operating deficit of £800,000 you mentioned.

I would think that 'those who had put money in' were the persons mentioned in previous posts who were contributing to players wages last season

Alles ist KLar?

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Apart from Arbroath I am struggling to see who we are better than. Ayr maybe?

There’s nothing so far this season to suggest we’re better than Arbroath. If it went to pies, they’d hammer us.

We definitely appear to be operating on a lower budget this season.  Which of course isn't short of downsides; inferior players, which leads to poor results, which leads to smaller crowds, which leads to less income, which leads to relegation (when you have a terrible manager like we do).

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And we will continue to lose that sum as the post I replied to highlighted that the SC money went to repay those who had put money in, not to cover the operating deficit of £800,000 you mentioned.

I would think that 'those who had put money in' were the persons mentioned in previous posts who were contributing to players wages last season

Alles ist KLar?

The directors are the ones who have been covering those losses for the past 5/6 years to keep the club debt free. They might not have shown up as loans or something on the accounts, maybe they have but the directors who have been covering the losses were paid back using the cup money. 

5 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

There’s nothing so far this season to suggest we’re better than Arbroath. If it went to pies, they’d hammer us.

That’s a fair point. Was basing it on their performance against Dundee United which I accept is probably not the best thing to judge them on.