• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

Harry Gow is vastly overrated. Dream rights🤢 snowball's are dry and cream is the cheats way to make strawberry tarts.

Glad Capaldi's was bought back from them.

15 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Harry Gow is vastly overrated. Dream rights🤢 snowball's are dry and cream is the cheats way to make strawberry tarts.

Glad Capaldi's was bought back from them.

Dream rings are wrong and not for those blessed with a discerning taste. 

As for reclaimed land, those rurals that decry it would be well advised to appreciate that wee part of Inverness and the opportunity it affords them to travel and broaden their horizons. 

Posted (edited)

Geologically the land is red sandstone, we can see this on the other side of the bridge exposed on the cliffs. On top of that would be glacier rubble and then mud and sand from the river. The stadium end must have been where the earliest use of landfill was as it takes decades for the land to settle back. The land I remember seen it before the bridge was built was 'called' waste land with wild plants, gorse and small trees etc. and rabbits.

The land wasn't suitable for the likes of houses, shops or anything else that involved perminent residence or storing or growing food as the land is contaminated. The football stadium was acceptable though. I would think that the stadium building must have been underpinned for stability and the whole area under the stadium sits on a rock cap above the landfill. This cap of rocks has well mentioned by the club and media over the years in regards to the pitch's unique ability to withstand some of the worst freezing winter weather and any severe downpour. The tide is our friend.

Going off topic -

Why is there plans another retail park next door, the land is contaminated there is it not and anyway why do we need another f**king retail park? (and probably another Tesco) The town center is dying, that would kill it off for sure. I'm not sure how long it takes for land used for landfill is regarded as safe, but maybe desperation for development and the need to throw money at any development project can be a convincing argument against health and safety with our city's leadership. Other than that we need sports recreation space in and round Inverness since much of our green spaces have been developed for housing. We also desperately need parking and maybe a better idea would be to turn some of that space into an area for park and ride services due to the closeness of the A9 and the A96. This would also be useful for football fans coming and going from the Stadium.

I'm really bad at dissappearing down rabbit holes for hours, this will distract me over all the other stadiums in Scotland and their previous land use. Wasn't the old ground at Kingsmills on farm land and the one at Telford Street was built where there once was an orchard?

Edited by CityDave94

10 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Just popped in to say I will LOL heartily if the Cat Ticklers are relegated. (To League One 🤣)

See yas later.

You mean if we come back up if we go down or Aberdeen coming down two divisions or one?

On the LOL, you're not relevant and no one cares.

51 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

So if Montrose win the second leg does this thread die or get renamed?

Just gets moved to League One forum.

Sadly I couldn't tell who the Championship side was last night. Montrose? 

Another cheery thought for everyone.  Our season will finish at the earliest on Saturday, at the latest a week on Saturday.  The majority of lower league clubs will have already been doing recruitment etc, we are already behind in this.  We have about four or five players contracted for next season and  if we get relegated it's likely that we'll have a change of manager.

This is something that's impacted us the last two seasons as well - in 2021/22 we got the play-off final so were late in offering deals as we didn't know what league we'd be in, in 2022/23 we got the cup final so delayed the end of our season by around a month, as well as leading us to offer the manager a new deal he probably wouldn't have got if he hadn't taken us there.  Whether we go up or down we can't plan and/or recruit for next season until well after most of the teams we are competing with.  

If we do go down I don't think we'll be coming straight back up and if we stay up I think we'll be struggling against relegation again.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Another cheery thought for everyone.  Our season will finish at the earliest on Saturday, at the latest a week on Saturday.  The majority of lower league clubs will have already been doing recruitment etc, we are already behind in this.  We have about four or five players contracted for next season and  if we get relegated it's likely that we'll have a change of manager.

This is something that's impacted us the last two seasons as well - in 2021/22 we got the play-off final so were late in offering deals as we didn't know what league we'd be in, in 2022/23 we got the cup final so delayed the end of our season by around a month, as well as leading us to offer the manager a new deal he probably wouldn't have got if he hadn't taken us there.  Whether we go up or down we can't plan and/or recruit for next season until well after most of the teams we are competing with.  

If we do go down I don't think we'll be coming straight back up and if we stay up I think we'll be struggling against relegation again.

Stay away from bridges and sharp knives

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Look on the bright side. Saturday could be the last game The Caley ever play. 

Worrying time this for the Caley. Hope you stay up, I enjoy my two away games which get turned into a weekend in Aviemore.

L1 is a cesspit and can’t imagine your club will stomach the drop in finances.

Big Dunc not doing the business in his last couple of jobs now. 

15 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Big Dunc not doing the business in his last couple of jobs now. 

His first managerial game was beating Chelsea 3-1, dare say if he loses tomorrow it will be his final one. Assume ICT would have something in place to get rid at no cost if they did drop? 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

His first managerial game was beating Chelsea 3-1, dare say if he loses tomorrow it will be his final one. Assume ICT would have something in place to get rid at no cost if they did drop? 

I was told the other day there's a clause in his contract that either he or the club can terminate it at any moment and no money would change hands, which I think is fair do's.  He hardly needs it.

Edited by TheScarf

I understand if attention is elsewhere just now, but I'm curious how you've felt about Max Anderson and Cammy Kerr this season. Obviously I assume neither have lit the heather on fire given your current predicament, but have they done well or poor enough in your eyes? Cheers

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I understand if attention is elsewhere just now, but I'm curious how you've felt about Max Anderson and Cammy Kerr this season. Obviously I assume neither have lit the heather on fire given your current predicament, but have they done well or poor enough in your eyes? Cheers

When Anderson had Charlie Gilmour sitting next to him earlier in the season he looked decent and I thought he looked a good prospect. More recently, he’s looked off the boil and nowhere near as good. Definitely more of a ball winning or box to box midfielder rather than type to ping cross field balls etc. 

Cammy Kerrs been as lot of the Dundee fans described, what he lacks in technique and ability he more than makes up for in effort

I haven’t been to a lot of games the second half of the season so some of the other lads will be able to offer a more accurate view 

Aye Anderson’s form had fallen off a cliff in the last 6 weeks. Kerr has been excellent imo.

On 09/05/2024 at 14:39, ICTChris said:

Inverness do have offers out dependent on what league you're in if that helps.