"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

57 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I thought seedorf was alright. And would probably have done better for us at right back this season. He just seamed to have a dip in confidence, and would have been all right with a wee break. 

I too thought Seedorf was alright.  He had a couple of blunderfests but overall he was decent enough.  Alex Cooper was essentially anonymous.  

Edit - Had a look at the Wikipedia for that season.  Forgot about Elbouzedi - a player who was talented but constantly injured.  Nathan Austin was superb towards the end of that season (remember that brilliant goal against Dunfermline?) but reverted back to mediocrity the following one.  Charlie Trafford was never my favourite player.  The following season we signed Angus Beith who was injured the whole time and Darren McCauley who was never fully fit.\

Edit #2 - Looking further on it looks like most of Robbo's dud signings were more down to injury than just being poor players - Elbouzedi, Beith, Toshney, McCauley, weren't necessarily that bad, just never fit.

Edited by Highland Capital

42 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I thought seedorf was alright. And would probably have done better for us at right back this season. He just seamed to have a dip in confidence, and would have been all right with a wee break. 

The other Seedorf, I can see getting released by Motherwell. The sort of player we'd be looking at, and we need a replacement for  Dan Mackay.

Actually yeah, to be fair, Seedorf did come back into the squad a little more towards the end of that season and started to show signs that he might have something. He was utterly dreadful in the early game at EEP when Dunfermline ruined us, and that probably didn't do much for his confidence, and I think he might have been injured for part of the season too. His replacement the following season was a definite upgrade though...   

Oh hello. It's been a while and now the season is over TWS chaps have recorded an end of season pod for you all. We have interviews with Scot Gardiner, Sean Welsh and Neil McCann, we dissect the past season, discuss the possible new managers for ICT and draw up a shortlist of possible transfers targets for whoever takes charge and, finally, we put the final nail in the coffin of the ICT Nightmare XI.

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Oh hello. It's been a while and now the season is over TWS chaps have recorded an end of season pod for you all. We have interviews with Scot Gardiner, Sean Welsh and Neil McCann, we dissect the past season, discuss the possible new managers for ICT and draw up a shortlist of possible transfers targets for whoever takes charge and, finally, we put the final nail in the coffin of the ICT Nightmare XI.

I've skipped to the pixellot bit but I laugh at believing the streaming was going to be until December. Absolute naivety.

I delayed after January switching to Dunfermline and Queen of the South but it worked so much better. The excuses that you couldn't have co-commentary... I set up co-commentary on our very first game. He's selling bullshit.

I delayed changing season ticket holders over to a new system but it ran so much better when I did. I wish I'd jumped earlier. On the size of your support. I ran both at once. There wasn't anything stopping you from using more than one system so you have a fall back.

Glad you boys aren't swallowing what he's selling. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

Just finished listening to it now.  Aside from the whole Robbo/McCann stuff, Gardiner's interview was a car crash.  It's glaringly obvious that he didn't watch any other club's streams and then claims that people heralded Raith's streams because we won the game.  I actually find that quite insulting.  We didn't win against Arbroath and everyone heralded their stream.  We didn't win the first game against Dunfermline and everyone heralded their stream.  We didn't win against St Mirren and everyone heralded their stream.  We did win against Ayr and people thought their stream (camera-wise) was poor.  He also starts the interview saying how horrible it is attending games with no fans.  I'd have picked being in an empty stadium over Pixellot every day of the week.

He blames the poor infrastructure, he blames Pixellot, he blames the SPFL and some pish about how co-commentators weren't allowed despite almost every club having them, he blames the technological capabilities of some of our supporters.  Did he own up to any of it?  Don't forget, it was evidently clear from about a fortnight into the season that having larger amounts of fans wasn't going to happen so his excuse about only planning for three games is nonsense and even if fans were back, the streaming would've still have had to continue in some capacity for away fans and shielders.  Going back to the antiquated technology - the club managed to stream games using regular cameras before, but apparently this season it wasn't possible.  Brora Rangers and Nairn County managed it.

The stuff about him only getting four complaints is just a lie.  I know at least four people who emailed to the club about it and received no reply, so the stuff about three emails and a letter is complete pish.

It was good to hear the pod getting him telt afterwards cause it left me with a sour taste.

Good listen on the podcast guys. Just got through it.

Thought I'd way in on what we need for next season. Firstly on defense. There's a good young core already there. But an experienced leader coming in might get the best of them. Logan or Ambrose would be great. What about Alan Lithgow as well. Released by livi, and experience in a promotion winning side. I liked the look of Leon McCann at Airdrie too. Could eventually replace Harper when bigger clubs come looking. And could also get some game time, if we pushed Harper up at times.

Midfield is pretty solid already. I'd argue we already have 2 decent number 10s in MacGregor and Doran. I'd be happy enough, with the young lad. (Hyde I think) stepping up to Vincent's spot. 

Attacking is where we need to improve the most. Would be great to keep Todorov. Storey isn't going to be a double figures scorer. And would only be insurance if who we bring in doesn't work out anyway. Connor shields would be my top target there. Hester could maybe make the step up. I'd take Simon Murray too, if he wanted to return to full time football.

Wingers should also be a priority. I'd like 2 coming in. Scott Tiffoney, and Daniel Armstrong, would be great if we could get them.

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Please appoint Sheerin as your new manager, ta muchly. 

I’m not getting the hate/disappointment, what ever you want to call it, about appointing Sheerin. He mostly did a good job at Arbroath and has a good reputation at Aberdeen.

I’d be quite happy if we appointed him and think he’d do a decent job at Falkirk too.

Just now, Highland Capital said:

I'd take Sheerin over plenty of the names I've heard bounded about for all the lower league clubs currently looking for a manager.

Yeap, absolutely. They seem to want somebody who hasn’t got a negative job on the CV. It simply isn’t going to happen when you have finished 5th in League 1.

Hell, it isn’t even going to happen for us and we finished 5th in the Championship.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I’m not getting the hate/disappointment, what ever you want to call it, about appointing Sheerin. He mostly did a good job at Arbroath and has a good reputation at Aberdeen.

I’d be quite happy if we appointed him and think he’d do a decent job at Falkirk too.

If the rumours on their thread are to be believed Kettlewell and McIntyre were also interviewed.  I'd take Sheerin over those two any day of the week.  It's been said in the past that Falkirk still have delusions of grandeur and it still seems to be the case.  Falkirk, like Caley Thistle, have two options - either someone who's young who's had little top job managerial experience before or a more experienced candidate with a chequered past.  This is not the Premiership - you might get lucky with your appointment but the chances of getting an outstanding candidate with a glowing record are minimal.  

Sheerin is a well regarded and pretty experienced coach who did a decent job at Arbroath and seems to have done a decent job at Aberdeen.  If Falkirk fans think there's going to be many candidates better than that in the running then they're almost certainly going to be disappointed.

On 22/05/2021 at 14:37, Juanhourjoe said:

Good listen on the podcast guys. Just got through it.

Thought I'd way in on what we need for next season. Firstly on defense. There's a good young core already there. But an experienced leader coming in might get the best of them. Logan or Ambrose would be great. What about Alan Lithgow as well. Released by livi, and experience in a promotion winning side. I liked the look of Leon McCann at Airdrie too. Could eventually replace Harper when bigger clubs come looking. And could also get some game time, if we pushed Harper up at times.

Midfield is pretty solid already. I'd argue we already have 2 decent number 10s in MacGregor and Doran. I'd be happy enough, with the young lad. (Hyde I think) stepping up to Vincent's spot. 

Attacking is where we need to improve the most. Would be great to keep Todorov. Storey isn't going to be a double figures scorer. And would only be insurance if who we bring in doesn't work out anyway. Connor shields would be my top target there. Hester could maybe make the step up. I'd take Simon Murray too, if he wanted to return to full time football.

Wingers should also be a priority. I'd like 2 coming in. Scott Tiffoney, and Daniel Armstrong, would be great if we could get them.

Ambrose is done, he'd struggle at this level badly.

Lithgow would do well though, reckon he has a few years left in him.

Tiffoney has signed with Partick and we're sorting compensation with them now.