8 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Both boards better do the necessary before the derby. If 20000 fans are going to have to peek at the match through their fingers, hoping their hated rivals hand them a right good skelping, then the Royal Edinburgh is going to be bursting at the seams.

Both managers will still be in place by the derby. A defeat will see Hecky gone hopefully.

Unfortunately for you, even the impending climate apocalypse will not prevent Craig Levein taking charge of Hearts against their relegation rivals, The Crabmen of Atlantis in the year 2063.

27 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

And you can bet it will be us finishing bottom or 11th if we are in a fight with Hearts.

I'm close to the point that defeats are okay if it get's rid of Fekchisbottom.

The worst position to be in as a football fan..

I thought he had gone back, but there was a picture of Ron Gordon at Fir Park yesterday.

In a weird way then, the shambles of how we have played and the fans reactions in the last 2 weeks might help us get rid of the clown of a manager.

I would also have to say that - despite stories to the contrary - I would have Dempsters jacket on a shoogly nail, Craigs as well - neither of them have covered themselves with glory.

Going on the assumption we sack PH in the next few weeks, the biggest problem is that any new person will have to deal with that squad until at least January - we have zero pace, an awful defence, a powderpuff midfield, and only one decent striker.

We also have nothing of note coming through from the youths except Porto.

Add in all the stuff I mentioned about Dempster a week or so back, and there are a load of things wrong at our club right now.

The new owner has a massive opportunity here, and a lot of open goals. Unfortunately for some of those in posts, that will mean their days in a cushy job are numbered.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s gone on with PH then?

Is his recruitment just lazy? Players seem to love playing for him. Mcnulty’s comments on him being an example.

Probably naïve rather than lazy.

It's the "my nan could score goals in Scotland" attitude IMO.

On 31/08/2019 at 19:12, Dosser0209 said:

Excuse my ignorance here, but as an outsider I find it slightly baffling that people are calling for “heckys” head. 

I get it’s not been a particularly great start however surely he deserves time to turn it around considering how he turned hibs’ fortunes in the 2nd part of last season

He deserved praise for the run he put together last year but it involved about 13 starting players. Most of his signings look shite and even the ones who might be decent seem to have been mismanaged so far. E.g. Vela who clearly wants to be an attacking midfielder but is needed as more of a DM and Jackson, our only in-form CB at the time being dropped for Ibrox and us conceding six. With the remaining core of our squad from the last few years all looking fucked by injuries, we really needed to do some good business this year and Hecky has only made the situation worse.

Apart from anything else, losing 6-1 to Rangers and blaming the fans for him chucking a game against fucking St Johnstone are two sackable offences.

Dempster is still just about in credit for me. Our current predicament would have seemed like a utopian fantasy compared to the state we were in when she took over.  If she gets the next manager wrong (or persists with Hecky too long) she can do one though. No point in crediting her for the club improving if she's going to take us straight back the way.

I've really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt up to this point but Saturday was the final straw for me. There is nothing about that team that gives me any confidence that we can get better under him.

We didn't lay a glove on a team who've looked suspect defensively all season. He had 4 or 5 of his signings on the bench and didn't bring any of them on in a bid to change the game, instead bringing Oli Shaw on out of position. He has had many opportunities to take a portion of the blame for some of these performances and has refused to do so. I don't know who should follow him but there has to be better out there.

He talked about us being pretty against Motherwell.. I didn't see any pretty football at all. Mallan has gone backwards since he's come in and anyone can see that he and Allan do not fit in the side in it's current system.

Heckingbottom is trying to play a system that quite clearly isn’t working with the players we have. 

The amount of protection our defence is getting from the rest of the team is laughable. Motherwell strolled through us time and time again in the middle of the park which left boys like Whittaker 1v1 when he is quite clearly finished. 

Getting rid of our only two defensive midfielders and trying to play Mallan and someone else instead is a ridiculous idea. Not one of our current midfielders can defend (Hallberg maybe but we’ll not see him for a while).

I've no idea why he played Mallan and Slivka deep, they were awful. I want to say play Vela and Hallberg there, at least they can't be any worse. Middleton is poor also, had a stinker on Saturday although worst on the park must have been Whitts. Marciano is becoming a concern also. I never rated him that highly, can pull off a great stop but is also suspect every week. The Preston loan guy is even worse. Need to get Porto back in match fit or not and find a right back option from somewhere.  It really is an omnishambles I don't see improving overnight and that includes if Heck is booted. Unless Ron digs deep we're stuck with this squad whoever comes in.

I think Mallan has a lot to offer as a Scottish Premiership player but neither Heckingbottom or Lennon have helped his development by shoehorning him into a position that he is quite clearly not comfortable playing. He no longer looks a goal threat and looks completely bereft of confidence. Let's hope Hallberg is good or this could be a long, long season.

In retrospect the great run he went on when he came in may have been a hindrance.  Probably thought yeah pub league up here, I’ll show those haggis munchers what’s what.  Was giving it all talk about qualifying for Europe then we get played off the park by fkn Arbroath.

We won’t get anyone in and if we do it’s hardly going to give us any confidence.  Dempster will stick with him till mid Oct or early Nov.  Then we will punt him and announce David Gray as player/coach.  We will get an army of jobbies loan players and if we are lucky scrape into 10th.  It would be just a Hibs thing to do.  Get a rich owner and get relegated.

19 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

In retrospect the great run he went on when he came in may have been a hindrance.  Probably thought yeah pub league up here, I’ll show those haggis munchers what’s what.  Was giving it all talk about qualifying for Europe then we get played off the park by fkn Arbroath.

We won’t get anyone in and if we do it’s hardly going to give us any confidence.  Dempster will stick with him till mid Oct or early Nov.  Then we will punt him and announce David Gray as player/coach.  We will get an army of jobbies loan players and if we are lucky scrape into 10th.  It would be just a Hibs thing to do.  Get a rich owner and get relegated.

I know this was probably meant slightly in jest but I've seen it a lot recently and I don't really agree. If that was the case then he wouldn't have taken the job in the first place. I just think the squad we had after January was better placed to play in the SP than the one we have now. It was a pretty settled XI with a lot of experience of the game up here. 

I do believe that he's been pretty naive with the type of player that he's signed, while some of them are undoubtedly technically good enough, I think the speed and ferocity of the game has taken them by surprise and I don't think he's the type of manager to light a fire under them to bring out that side of their game.

1 hour ago, conboyhibs said:

I know this was probably meant slightly in jest but I've seen it a lot recently and I don't really agree. If that was the case then he wouldn't have taken the job in the first place. I just think the squad we had after January was better placed to play in the SP than the one we have now. It was a pretty settled XI with a lot of experience of the game up here. 

I do believe that he's been pretty naive with the type of player that he's signed, while some of them are undoubtedly technically good enough, I think the speed and ferocity of the game has taken them by surprise and I don't think he's the type of manager to light a fire under them to bring out that side of their game.

I think they way the good run works against you is that he used the 20/24 points pre split instead of 2/15 post split as an indication of the quality of the league. He's completely failed to grasp the gulf between the top/bottom 6 and assumed the poor return post split was because his players had dropped off rather than not being good enough. If thats correct and he's made his signings based on that view, then it could well be a season of pain for Hibs.

16 minutes ago, actonsheep said:

I think they way the good run works against you is that he used the 20/24 points pre split instead of 2/15 post split as an indication of the quality of the league. He's completely failed to grasp the gulf between the top/bottom 6 and assumed the poor return post split was because his players had dropped off rather than not being good enough. If thats correct and he's made his signings based on that view, then it could well be a season of pain for Hibs.

Yep - you could well be right. I think he viewed the dip in results post-split as the players going on their holidays early rather than recognising the big difference in quality which is crazy as we were battered off Rangers and Celtic pre-split.