1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I'd be happy to swap Flo for Docherty if that costs nowt extra and Sevco want to deal.  

I cant see that happening, unfortunately

I was catching up on some of the Terrace's patreon stuff today and in particular their countdown of Scotland players from this decade and was indulging in one of my favourite day dreams of imaginary squad building.

Led me to something that had kind of passed me by. Is anyone else surprised how little folk generally seemed to be fussed when Martin Boyle went to play for Australia? Now he wouldn't be starting games for me but trying to think of wingers who you'd be happy to have in a team and it's  Forrest, Fraser, and then... I suppose even in most games Armstrong or Christie would be good options but not for the specific job of being a winger, which I think is valuable especially in international football where guys with specific skill sets can be so damaging. Add in the fact he's good as a right wing back in a 3/5 defender formation and a serviceable striker (two more positions where Scotland aren't great) and he seems like someone we're missing out on a bit as a good tool for a squad. He's still a frustrating player at times with some big faults but you look at guys who do a job for other smaller nations, especially premiership level guys at NI and I think it's a missed opportunity for Scotland. 

I was catching up on some of the Terrace's patreon stuff today and in particular their countdown of Scotland players from this decade and was indulging in one of my favourite day dreams of imaginary squad building.
Led me to something that had kind of passed me by. Is anyone else surprised how little folk generally seemed to be fussed when Martin Boyle went to play for Australia? Now he wouldn't be starting games for me but trying to think of wingers who you'd be happy to have in a team and it's  Forrest, Fraser, and then... I suppose even in most games Armstrong or Christie would be good options but not for the specific job of being a winger, which I think is valuable especially in international football where guys with specific skill sets can be so damaging. Add in the fact he's good as a right wing back in a 3/5 defender formation and a serviceable striker (two more positions where Scotland aren't great) and he seems like someone we're missing out on a bit as a good tool for a squad. He's still a frustrating player at times with some big faults but you look at guys who do a job for other smaller nations, especially premiership level guys at NI and I think it's a missed opportunity for Scotland. 

He could actually still play for Scotland. He's not been capped by Australia in a competitive game.

12 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

He could actually still play for Scotland. He's not been capped by Australia in a competitive game.

Interesting...

11 minutes ago, BonniePrinceCharlie said:

m I correct in saying that a large percentage of tickets are sold as children'

50% of Hibs season tickets are "sold as children", 25% disabled and 25% OAP

Its part of the new rules for Premiership clubs.

Edited by Green Day

Just now, btb said:

Just for the LOLs, who won your POTY award?

The official one is going to be Christian Doidge, whenever that is or was. But there will be an unofficial asterisk beside his title, thanks to yer man Jonathan Obika.

Must admit, I thought Doidge was a James Collins-esque diddy. His performance at Pittodrie had me particularly seething.
Delighted to have been proven wrong, he's been excellent since Hecky was emptied.
There was an interesting analysis done on Doidge.
https://purefitbaw.com/2020/06/04/hibs-should-welcome-the-era-of-doidgeball/

Tl;dr version. As soon as he sorted out his finishing he was good. Neither Kamberi or Mcnulty hugely suited playing beside him.