2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I’m feeling quite positive tbh. He’s been here 6 months so knows the league now and the quality of teams/players. It’s also just additions to the squad rather than signing a starting 11 from down there which would have me shitting myself. 

Aye, any other club making similar signings and I'd be ripping the absolute pish, but he seems to be a cracking manager, who seems pretty realistic (as in, not some daft idealist who has a "philosophy"), so cant see it backfiring.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

It's on either the west or east of England and is latitudinally somewhere between Wales and the Scottish border.

That is as much information as I have ever needed about Scunthorpe.

5 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Like anybody knows where that even is.

I was about to chip in, all sanctimonious, explaining that it is Lincolnshire's second top seaside resort. 

I checked. My facts first like a good smart arse should. Turns out I was thinking of Skegness. 

Incidentally, my sister moved to Scunthorpe (May have been Skegness), realised that she had made a terrible mistake and moved back again within a week. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, any other club making similar signings and I'd be ripping the absolute pish, but he seems to be a cracking manager, who seems pretty realistic (as in, not some daft idealist who has a "philosophy"), so cant see it backfiring.

Nice one

Definitely backfiring. 

Whats known about this Ojo lad? Aberdeen now linked too
He had a relegation release clause he could activate before 31st May. He says he activated it, club says he didn't and has a year left and they'll need a fee for him.

9 hours ago, d31 said:

😂

I'm sure everyone is stunned McInnes is after him now.

6 hours ago, Lebowski said:
10 hours ago, d31 said:

He had a relegation release clause he could activate before 31st May. He says he activated it, club says he didn't and has a year left and they'll need a fee for him.

Which is extremely fuckin weird imo.

Either the contracts so tied up in legalspeak that nobody saw the difference between May 2019 and May 2020......................or the player/agent is a major league thicko.

A lot of teams in this league have a few players from the English leagues in their squads and they’ve done well enough. It’s not like our entire team is going to be an EFL select (although by the looks of it, if Hecky had a chance to do it he would!). 

Just got to trust that the manager knows the league well enough now to pick players that will work. 

I’ve absolutely no clue how we’ll go formation wise next season. As long as it includes Scott Allan I’m not sure i care all that much. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh hello, here he is. Talking about mcinnes on the hibs thread. Business as usual.

Theres an irony that you follow me about to talk about how obsessed I am over Aberdeen.

Last time you claimed I was "constantly on Aberdeen threads", only to discover I hadn't posted on one in three months.

This time you're claiming I'm always on about McInnes. Care to guess how long it's been since I last mentioned him?

Yet again, I suppose, it becomes clear that you've just stolen the obsessed patter because you've seen other people using it.

Theres an irony that you follow me about to talk about how obsessed I am over Aberdeen.
Last time you claimed I was "constantly on Aberdeen threads", only to discover I hadn't posted on one in three months.
This time you're claiming I'm always on about McInnes. Care to guess how long it's been since I last mentioned him?
Yet again, I suppose, it becomes clear that you've just stolen the obsessed patter because you've seen other people using it.

This is a hibs thread mate, give it a rest.

On 28/06/2019 at 12:43, Lyle Lanley said:

Who the f**k are Scunthorpe? 

Some diddy club from humberside 

they seemed to get a bit of coverage from the Scottish media a few years ago as a certain team signed one of their players who was going to be a world beater..

Spoiler

hooper.jpg.f51417beef67d6da49537657c3a6c4e1.jpg

Guest Moomintroll
50 million..  ooooft..  Peter Lawwell spewing in his breakfast I'd say[emoji23]
Nah, he will be too busy claiming a bonus for theoretical increments.