2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Even by being sold we have wound up sevco fans.  Delicous.  I take it this applies to the same clumpany when Sir David the glib bought them from Charles Green. 

I think it's only fair and proper for a dignified provincial club like Glasgow Rangers 2012 to offer us the full Broomloan stand, as befitting the Capitals Premier club when we meet on the 10th.  We'd reciprocate but you shan't be bringing many fans as the league will be well stiched up by the time we meet on December the 21st.

By far the funniest thing on this thread is you using the word "shan't".

3 minutes ago, ShrooTheLookingGlass said:

Where did you hear this? If we are in for him, that means Marciano is off because we signed a keeper on Monday to fight for the no 1 spot.

Its probably someone on the St. Mirren supporters page seeing that Hibs have come into money and just assumed this would become a thing. 

There is literally no rumour of this happening on any site I can see. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Its probably someone on the St. Mirren supporters page seeing that Hibs have come into money and just assumed this would become a thing. 

There is literally no rumour of this happening on any site I can see. 

Reported by BBC on twitter

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Reported by BBC on twitter

Not on BBC sport Scotland's twitter. 

One of those daft SPFL scouting pages in the ilk of agent Scotland have mentioned it but no link to an official story. 

11 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Big Ron has to nip this in the bud. First test of stewardship. 

It's a twitter account that's about five hours old, spitting out daft rumours for fun. For the company owner to bother giving it any response whatsoever would be a big fail on that stewardship test.

I always felt that to break old firm dominance of Scottish football it would be Hibs to do so.
The only way Celtic will be challenged is due to one of the other clubs in Scotland receiving outside investment or commercial sponsorship such as a name change to Red Bull or such.
Hibernian are a capital city club. Their stadium is attractive to potential investors. Edinburgh has multiple big "new money" businesses such as Skyscanner and Fan Duel. I thought a company like Fan Duel becoming involved to sponsor and invest in the team would be possible. If not, then American or Chinese interest.
You could basically buy a club in the Scottish top flight for the cost of a bang average EPL player. You could probably put a squad of free transfers together on reasonable wages with a good coach that would have a run at the title in Scotland. 
Hope it works out for HIbbies and this isn't another dodgy dealer. 

Not sure if you are joking here but I agree with you.

I’m surprised nobody across the globe with more cash than sense has tried to win the top flight in Scotland with a smaller side. It’s there to be done. Sure, the money isn’t the same as the Premier League but this guy wouldn’t be in it for the money - the club would be like their play thing, like Abramovich at Chelsea. As you say, it wouldn’t cost nearly as much anyway because we aren’t paying ridiculous prices for players in Scotland. £70 million for Harry Maguire in England is what the papers say today, imagine if a team like Hibs had half of that to play with? I’d love to see it happen. I don’t care if this team would become the “Scottish Man City” I’m sick of the Old Firm dominance.

7 hours ago, Aim Here said:

It's a twitter account that's about five hours old, spitting out daft rumours for fun. For the company owner to bother giving it any response whatsoever would be a big fail on that stewardship test.

Do a Budge, and release a statement.

Guest Bob Mahelp
46 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Not sure if you are joking here but I agree with you.

I’m surprised nobody across the globe with more cash than sense has tried to win the top flight in Scotland with a smaller side. It’s there to be done. Sure, the money isn’t the same as the Premier League but this guy wouldn’t be in it for the money - the club would be like their play thing, like Abramovich at Chelsea. As you say, it wouldn’t cost nearly as much anyway because we aren’t paying ridiculous prices for players in Scotland. £70 million for Harry Maguire in England is what the papers say today, imagine if a team like Hibs had half of that to play with? I’d love to see it happen. I don’t care if this team would become the “Scottish Man City” I’m sick of the Old Firm dominance.

You're presuming that the investor/owner wants to throw a huge amount of cash into a black hole, with no financial benefit in return.

Clubs like Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc. still have to be run as businesses. Throwing enormous amounts of cash into high profile transfers and wages may (or may not) buy short term success, but the business model has to be sustainable. Otherwise disaster is around the corner.

Edit : I was going to use Hearts and Dundee as an example, but a much better comparison would be Gretna. With a rich owner, they bought 'success' which was entirely unsustainable and based on a business model which was closer to insanity than prudence and care. Ultimately, they died. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You're presuming that the investor/owner wants to throw a huge amount of cash into a black hole, with no financial benefit in return.

Clubs like Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc. still have to be run as businesses. Throwing enormous amounts of cash into high profile transfers and wages may (or may not) buy short term success, but the business model has to be sustainable. Otherwise disaster is around the corner.

Edit : I was going to use Hearts and Dundee as an example, but a much better comparison would be Gretna. With a rich owner, they bought 'success' which was entirely unsustainable and based on a business model which was closer to insanity than prudence and care. Ultimately, they died. 

Indeed, Hibs wouldn't become the Man City of Scotland even if that money was available.

Man City have spent a lot of short term cash but they've built up the infrastructure around the club into a commercial machine that can now sustain (just about) what they are doing. That is facilitated by English football and the money that come with it from tv, sponsorship etc. 

Hibs winning the Premiership won't suddenly make them a global brand, there revenues would grow but they'd have to rely on CL qualification to make it in anyway sustainable, madness for a club in Scotland. Reality is you just end up haemorrhaging money until the investors realise they can't be arsed anymore.

This is all fanciful anyway, as I really doubt these new guys intend to do anything of the sort.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It would be great to see Celtic (and Rangers) challenged, but let's be honest...if any club outside of the OF was to throw insane money at buying success, the Old Firm would just increase their spending.

Eventually, the club challenging them would just pop. The investor propping them up would leave, and things would unwind rapidly from there.

It's great to have a safety net to fall back on (and Aberdeen have Dave Cormack as well), but.....unpopular like they often are.....people like Petrie and Milne, et al., have ran their various clubs as prudent, viable businesses and deserve a great deal of credit for keeping Hibs, Aberdeen etc. afloat in difficult times. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

BirtherJambo.thumb.png.16162fec508f13e9e2c4616a9a0138c0.png

The Jambo Birthers have their magnifying glasses and tinfoil caps at the ready. Can Ronald Gordon produce his long-form birth certificate for detailed forensic examination, and if not, how do we know he's not some Kenyan bloke called Derek? It's vitally important that we know this.

Edited by Aim Here