47 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Taking this Mary Jane chap on a free to cover Josh Doig who'll be punted for £squillions. Looks like we're getting our books balanced, if nothing else.

Credit to the club for getting a replacement in straight away. 

19 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Alright, let’s go - who was the last Croat to play for the Hibees? 

Unless someone can correct me I think he’s the only one.

Because I’m a massive goon, every time I go abroad I check if there’s anyone from the country that played for Hibs and I couldn’t see anyone when I was passing time in the airport before going there the other week.

We had Ivan Lendric on trial when Lennon was in charge but that’s all I could find.

19 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Unless someone can correct me I think he’s the only one.

Because I’m a massive goon, every time I go abroad I check if there’s anyone from the country that played for Hibs and I couldn’t see anyone when I was passing time in the airport before going there the other week.

We had Ivan Lendric on trial when Lennon was in charge but that’s all I could find.

Correct answer. You win Ivan Lendric’s left shinpad 

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

FC Capital Franchise can't claim credit for Hibs Women moving to the Subbutteo Stadium as it was being talked about months ago and Edinburgh Leisure run the place anyway 

7 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I did tell you about Mcclelland being too soft. Rocky Bushiri was trying his best to outshine him as the shittest Hibs centre back tonight right enough.

Too many changes to the starting eleven tonight ruined you lot.

Seems unlikely, because…

On 10/07/2022 at 12:18, Aim Here said:

I've just done some cutting edge statistical research on Hibernian's season so far. As you no doubt know, it's a bit facile to rate players by all those expected crosses per inch of ground traversed or passes completed in the final third pish you get from Opta - after all, the name of the game is simply scoring goals and stopping the other team scoring goals. And of course, whether a player scores or assists goals themselves is a metric that unduly weights towards strikers and midfielders, rather than defenders, who perform an essential job without necessarily showing up on the score sheet. By far the best way to rank players, therefore, is to merely use the rate of change of the team's net goal difference when a player is on the pitch.

I've used this insight to generate a table showing exactly who is our best player, this year, so far.

The results may surprise some, but science shows us what perceptive football afficionados have been saying all along - Rocky Bushiri is, statistically, Hibernian's best player this season, head and shoulders above the likes of Josh Campbell and Christian Doidge. I'd recommend another couple of year's contract extension to keep him tied down, or at least up the price for when Barcelona or Man City come sniffing around.

Also, Aidan McGeady, in joint last place, is looking very much to be a duff signing so far.

Bushiri.png.f2623b5abf3b1db54dea963f49b8fd52.png

Rocky Bushiri - Hibs legend in the making!

Square-Bushiri.thumb.png.7d768ffd8d739aaa894eefef933200b4.png

Are you sure he wasn’t just really good, but you failed to see it? 😄

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I did tell you about Mcclelland being too soft. Rocky Bushiri was trying his best to outshine him as the shittest Hibs centre back tonight right enough.

Too many changes to the starting eleven tonight ruined you lot.

I don't think he's too soft, just young. 

Neither of those will be starting once our new CH arrives, so I'm not that bothered.

Agree on your last point. A good demonstration of who isn't good enough imo.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Seems unlikely, because…

Are you sure he wasn’t just really good, but you failed to see it? 😄

Reminds me of a young Efe Ambrose, Rocky by name and nature. 

43 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I don't think he's too soft, just young. 

Neither of those will be starting once our new CH arrives, so I'm not that bothered.

Agree on your last point. A good demonstration of who isn't good enough imo.

As soon as Porteous came on the ball stopped sticking up top for us, always rated Henderson at Celtic and tonight when he came on he was Hibs best player. Campbell wasn't as impressive as I was expecting, horror of a tackle in the second half from him too.

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Campbell wasn't as impressive as I was expecting, horror of a tackle in the second half from him too

He is one of those I was describing above.

Not good enough, and flies into tackles once he has lost the ball - a liability.

On 10/07/2022 at 12:18, Aim Here said:

I've just done some cutting edge statistical research on Hibernian's season so far. As you no doubt know, it's a bit facile to rate players by all those expected crosses per inch of ground traversed or passes completed in the final third pish you get from Opta - after all, the name of the game is simply scoring goals and stopping the other team scoring goals. And of course, whether a player scores or assists goals themselves is a metric that unduly weights towards strikers and midfielders, rather than defenders, who perform an essential job without necessarily showing up on the score sheet. By far the best way to rank players, therefore, is to merely use the rate of change of the team's net goal difference when a player is on the pitch.

I've used this insight to generate a table showing exactly who is our best player, this year, so far.

The results may surprise some, but science shows us what perceptive football afficionados have been saying all along - Rocky Bushiri is, statistically, Hibernian's best player this season, head and shoulders above the likes of Josh Campbell and Christian Doidge. I'd recommend another couple of year's contract extension to keep him tied down, or at least up the price for when Barcelona or Man City come sniffing around.

Also, Aidan McGeady, in joint last place, is looking very much to be a duff signing so far.

Bushiri.png.f2623b5abf3b1db54dea963f49b8fd52.png

Rocky Bushiri - Hibs legend in the making!

Square-Bushiri.thumb.png.7d768ffd8d739aaa894eefef933200b4.png

Have we got an update on this?

Just now, Lofarl said:

Great move for him and good deal for us if the figures reported are correct.

Badly need more changes in that squad having seen most of our backup options play last night. That starting eleven is relegation worthy.