1 hour ago, gannonball said:

How was often does this keep happening? Like I accept some poor volunteer at a part time club making an arse of it but it seems to happen all the time at the group stages these days by decent sized clubs.

I am not going to excuse what we did as it should have been picked up, but you are right - its happened a few times in the last couple weeks iirc.

Someone has said elsewhere that the the most recent suspensions list didnt include any Hibs players, I cant confirm that.

My guess is that in our case the player was probably overlooked as the list wasnt updated and it wasnt a straight red and hence obvious suspension.

Still poor though.

Congratulations Hibernian on making us the first club in the entire history of football that gets emptied out a competition by fielding an ineligible player that we signed by mistake. 

It’s actually quite funny how fucked up it’s gotten. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am not going to excuse what we did as it should have been picked up, but you are right - its happened a few times in the last couple weeks iirc.

Someone has said elsewhere that the the most recent suspensions list didnt include any Hibs players, I cant confirm that.

My guess is that in our case the player was probably overlooked as the list wasnt updated and it wasnt a straight red and hence obvious suspension.

Still poor though.

Suspension lists are only issued every Friday. I assume your boy was suspended as a result of a 2nd booking in the competition at the weekend? No suspension lists are issued ahead of midweek games. It's the clubs responsibility to know a 2nd booking = suspension.

It will have come up on their Extranet system though, almost certainly before the game since you didn't play till Wednesday (might not have for Stranraer who played Tuesday but probably did).

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Still poor though.

Surely some c**t would have noticed the Belgian Bombscare had been carded twice already? 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Suspension lists are only issued every Friday. I assume your boy was suspended as a result of a 2nd booking in the competition at the weekend? No suspension lists are issued ahead of midweek games. It's the clubs responsibility to know a 2nd booking = suspension.

It will have come up on their Extranet system though, almost certainly before the game since you didn't play till Wednesday (might not have for Stranraer who played Tuesday but probably did).

Thanks, that makes sense.

Like I said, wasnt excusing it and as we actually employ someone who has this "bit" as part of their job, as @Hoose Ricesays, you would think we should have clocked it.

Shambles, basically.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

It's not pre-season, it's the actual season. This is a cup that Hibs led 1-0 in the final of last season, and which they have now instead been emptied out of by a League 1 team and a bottom half Championship team.

The only people who call this cup pre-season are losers who aren't going to be winning it.

Lol.

Spoiler - Celtic or Rangers will win the cup.

Occasionally you'll get a side like St Johnstone avoiding drawing the big two and winning it but not very likely.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think we can all confirm we will be the banter kings of the 2022/23 season. 

St Johnnies and Paisley Pandas will try and run you close. 

Don't stress. 

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Lol.

Occasionally you'll get a side like St Johnstone avoiding drawing the big two and winning it but not very likely.

Another thing said by

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

losers who aren't going to be winning it.

5 of the last 11 League Cups have been won by clubs who aren't Rangers or Celtic* (that's 45%). Of those clubs, 3 of them beat Celtic on the way to the trophy. The whole point of playing in these competitions for bigger clubs is to try and win them, or at least to give their fans a day out at a big final. Supporters of teams who are doing badly in it (eg Hibernian, St Mirren, St Johnstone) don't get to arbitrarily redefine it as pre-season just to avoid embarrassment.

*Incidentally, 0 of the last 11 League Cups have been won by Rangers.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Lol.

This is very much loser territory I’m afraid. 

Was Lee Johnson not saying he found Scottish football a bit amateurish due to not having a fourth official for one of the games?

That only adds to the hilarity of this situation.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was Lee Johnson not saying he found Scottish football a bit amateurish due to not having a fourth official for one of the games?

That only adds to the hilarity of this situation.

Indeed he was. It’s been a great 24 hours for the club.