Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Asks me to book something for her(train journey/training course/gym class whatever). Book it with the times she has specified or as close to it as possible. Moans at me because it costs too much or isn't exactly the time that she would have preferred.

Rage inducing.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

Asks me to book something for her(train journey/training course/gym class whatever). Book it with the times she has specified or as close to it as possible. Moans at me because it costs too much or isn't exactly the time that she would have preferred.

Rage inducing.

My wife is the greatest exponent of the transference of responsibility and the avoidance of blame (which is what the bolded bit is all about) that I know. She could give classes.

Asks me to do something/book something/cancel something/order something only to say "That time's no good/that's not what I wanted/that's not what I told you to do. Know what - do it yourself the next time. But that would mean accepting responsibility - ain't going to happen.

16 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Ah, yes. "Do you want to phone them up?" is something I hear rather frequently.

That's what I had to do last night - phone one of the step daughters (with whom she had fallen out on Friday) to find out if one of my other step daughters was there to get her (the 2nd step daughter - are you following this?) to phone her ex-husband after my third step daughter had sent her (my wife) a text to contact said step daughter.

Why they couldn't have made direct contact instead of coming through two intermediaries is beyond me - but then if the message gets muddled it's not their fault "I asked you to do it."

Why is that when we go away for a week's holiday (like we are having in Crete right now) that she packs enough clothes for 6 weeks?

Or why every holiday she falls asleep by 8pm the very first night?

Or if you (who is wide awake) are told to go have a beer on your own as she is tired but then if you do that are made to feel like you have deserted her?

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Replace juice with bread and milk and that's my other half.

Sometimes we even fail to get the bread and milk.

Regular occurrence here, too. Pops into the convenience store for 1 item and comes out with half a dozen plastic bags of stuff! (There are always "bags for life" in the car, but "I'm only getting such and such, so won't need them".)

I got woken up this morning to the brutal sounds of "YOU CAN'T START A FIRE WITHOUT A SPARK" by whoever the f**k sings that shite closely followed by 'The Lady In Red'.

Words cannot convey how much I despise her taste in music.

She never EVER wants to go for a swally! Today.... 

Her - what do you want to do today?

Me - Why don't we go down to the local for a few drinks, quiz is on later 

Her - Nahh, I was thinking we could go a walk down to to the bakers so I can buy a scone for my coffee later 

Me - f**k sake!

Edited by M0rtonfc

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I got woken up this morning to the brutal sounds of "YOU CAN'T START A FIRE WITHOUT A SPARK" by whoever the f**k sings that shite closely followed by 'The Lady In Red'.

Words cannot convey how much I despise her taste in music.