Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Text:  There's a really dodgy gypsy looking wifie hanging about the street. Im off to the post office now but Im tempted to run back.
Me: Hmm sounds dodgy.  Maybe she's looking to steal a cat or something.
Text: Right, Im running back now.
Much hilarity from me.
Text: Got back, she's gone and cat is still sleeping on couch.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Be a wear of gypsies stealing cats.

Invites us to things I didn't even agree too, or more to the point she never fucking told me in the first place. Just about springs it on me hours before we have to go were I can't argue I can't be arsed because they are expecting us and she doesn't want to be rude. Works out OK most of the times but when it doesn't it doesn't although watching HER friends having a marital breakdown can be very entertaining I sometimes insist I would like to stay longer. :)

Invites us to things I didn't even agree too, or more to the point she never fucking told me in the first place. Just about springs it on me hours before we have to go were I can't argue I can't be arsed because they are expecting us and she doesn't want to be rude. Works out OK most of the times but when it doesn't it doesn't although watching HER friends having a marital breakdown can be very entertaining I sometimes insist I would like to stay longer. [emoji4]

I get this pretty often. If I'm being entirely honest she usually has told me in the middle of a long winded, one way conversation that I have been absent mindedly nodding along to.

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I get this pretty often. If I'm being entirely honest she usually has told me in the middle of a long winded, one way conversation that I have been absent mindedly nodding along to.

That's what she says she did. Doesn't mean that she did.

I don't know why all of you put up with that shite. Everyone likes their hole, but I don't think it's worth that amount of hassle. Have a w**k FFS.

There's a lot of ridiculous, silly wee things moaned about on here.

There's a cracking 'school of life' video clip about how to develop a happy and sane relationship that folk should be watching.

Basically we all (give or take) do wee things that are annoying to other people. That's absolutely normal. The key is to find a way to make a light hearted joke about it - to let your other half know. I can't stress enough that this joke has to be light - taking the piss will just make things much, much worse.

Get them to acknowledge the annoying things (and obviously we need to acknowledge ours) and then compromises can be found. It also gets the anger off your chest cos you know it's been raised.

I can't recommend the 'school of life' series highly enough. They're short clips but pretty deep. Absolutely brilliant.

Guest bernardblack
Ahead of us heading out somewhere for a particular time, she'll run late and spend ages in the bathroom before giving me a grand 10 mins for the whole shit, shave, shower and brushing of teeth. Then I'll get the "you ready yet, we need to go soon!".

That or "don't take the bus to the station, I'll give you a lift in", only to end up running late and having me sweat about missing my train / coach. My mum is awful for the latter, where if a train station is 15 mins away, she'll leave at 6:03 for a 6:15 train, usually ending up stuck behind a tractor, horse box or Sunday driver.

The latter, 100%

"Don't worry I'll give you a lift in" turns a very peaceful walk somewhere into a fit of panic about lost keys, being late and only getting there with about ten seconds to spare.

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There's a lot of ridiculous, silly wee things moaned about on here.

There's a cracking 'school of life' video clip about how to develop a happy and sane relationship that folk should be watching.

Basically we all (give or take) do wee things that are annoying to other people. That's absolutely normal. The key is to find a way to make a light hearted joke about it - to let your other half know. I can't stress enough that this joke has to be light - taking the piss will just make things much, much worse.

Get them to acknowledge the annoying things (and obviously we need to acknowledge ours) and then compromises can be found. It also gets the anger off your chest cos you know it's been raised.

I can't recommend the 'school of life' series highly enough. They're short clips but pretty deep. Absolutely brilliant.

THIS IS HORSE SHIT

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I sympathise with this Pandy but have never been able to make it work in practice - which is probably why I'm twice divorced.  There should be a way of finding common ground but too often domestic arrangements founder on utter trivia which escalate to light spats then to 'do you really love me' arguments to 'well we need to part' explosions.  This thread is testament to how the trite and the petty ruin relationships.

Baking is a current one. I do most of the cooking in our household. Reasons being 1) I'm better at it. 2) I'm a pure modern man an that. 3) I like it, and it gets me out of all the other stuff I don't like/I'm shit at, like washing clothes, vacuuming, caring.

I keep the kitchen very clean. The work surfaces are stainless steel, and while I like the whole professional kitchen vibe they give, they're bad for showing up the slightest mess as a crumb and stain holocaust. So I'm always cleaning up as I go, tidying away what's sitting out.

She decides to bake cupcakes today and, as usual, the result is that the surfaces look as though Pacino has been filming Scarface while juggling jars of jam.
She knows this infuriates me.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I sympathise with this Pandy but have never been able to make it work in practice - which is probably why I'm twice divorced.  There should be a way of finding common ground but too often domestic arrangements founder on utter trivia which escalate to light spats then to 'do you really love me' arguments to 'well we need to part' explosions.  This thread is testament to how the trite and the petty ruin relationships.

You're divorced twice? Never heard that before.

Come on. Share some of your (I assume grammar school education) nuggets, or cocaine cacophonies, should it be said?