Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Am I annoying you, sorry? I'll go upstairs after this. I'll just do those dishes. What do you want to do tomorrow? Sorry, I know, I'm going upstairs. Do you want anything from the shop? What time are you finishing?..."

‘Can you give me a lift to the charity shop with these six black bags of shite I’ve never worn? You load the car, I’ve to do my hair. No I’ve checked, they’re open and taking donations’.

’Huh. Well their website said they’d be taking donations. We can try again Monday. You’re at home again then, aren’t you?’  

On 01/05/2021 at 12:11, Jimmy Shaker said:

‘Can you give me a lift to the charity shop with these six black bags of shite I’ve never worn? You load the car, I’ve to do my hair. No I’ve checked, they’re open and taking donations’.

’Huh. Well their website said they’d be taking donations. We can try again Monday. You’re at home again then, aren’t you?’  

We're trying to sort out a bit of house clearing in Dunfermline. I phoned the Red Cross shop at Dulloch Park on 23 April, and had that all too uncommon experience of speaking to someone who was both knowledgeable and helpful. They weren't open at the time, but had some staff in preparing for reopening on Monday 26 April. I tentatively broached the subject of when they'd be ready for donations (thinking that might happen some days or weeks after reopening), and she said to me, "We'll be very happy to take donations as soon as we open on Monday!" We established that books and suitcases weren't wanted as donations for now, and I tried to prepare the ground for an initial donation by saying, "Would it be OK if we were to bring a couple of bags of clothes down on Monday?" She merrily said that "You can bring 30 bags down, we'll be looking for donations!"

11 black bags, 2 zipped bags and a big cardboard box all dropped off. Not an eyelid was batted.

At Dulloch Red Cross, at least, they were looking for stock immediately. I sort of thought that they might have a glut from donations coming in through different routes (especially the doorstep bags), while they weren't able to sell.

I had a pile of work to do yesterday so I messaged my wife on Teams (both work for same company) and said that I'll be later home as swamped.  She says that's grand, no worries etc. Enjoy your work.

10 minutes later she messages asking me what sort of cake she should make for a family birthday next week.  

Is she planning on baking the cake in the next hour?  Why did that need to be sent when she knows I'm swamped and won't have time to think of the perfect chocolate cake recipe and design!

On 01/05/2021 at 07:41, throbber said:

Have probably said it before but overfilling the kitchen bin is incredibly annoying when you can’t get the plastic bag out of the bin - happens all the time. Either empty it yourself or put excess rubbish in one of the numerous carrier bags we have sat right next to the fucking bin.

That does my nut in even more. You end up with a full bin overflowing and carrier bags full of shite also hanging off cupboard doors. It's just sheer laziness. 

Guest bernardblack
28 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I had a pile of work to do yesterday so I messaged my wife on Teams (both work for same company) and said that I'll be later home as swamped.  She says that's grand, no worries etc. Enjoy your work.

10 minutes later she messages asking me what sort of cake she should make for a family birthday next week.  

Is she planning on baking the cake in the next hour?  Why did that need to be sent when she knows I'm swamped and won't have time to think of the perfect chocolate cake recipe and design!

This. 
Still both working from home but I start at 830 and Mrs BB starts at 9.....but I work in the kitchen. 

Me at 845: “hey I’ve got a pretty important call at 9 btw” (implication there of please get out)

Mrs BB: “yeah no problem I’ll just make a coffee and be out the kitchen by 9....btw where are we going to stay for so and so’s wedding?

15 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Working with a partner/ spouse must be a nightmare.

Mental. I used to work in a place where a husband and wife shared an office, just the two of them in it. 

Guest bernardblack
1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

My old work there was a husband and wife who worked in the same team...arrived at work together...had lunch together....even had joint stag/hen parties

On the charity bag nonsense I just say to the missus:

”leave the bags to me, I’ll go round a few shops and drop a couple at each to spread the goodness”

and then drive to Baldovie Recycling Centre and f**k the lot in a skip.

Everyones a winner. Nearly.

2 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

f**k that. Before we sold her wee business, I used to go into the wife's shop to help out with deliveries etc at busy times. A few hrs working together was often enough to have me contemplating either divorce or murder. 

Mental. I used to work in a place where a husband and wife shared an office, just the two of them in it. 
I used to work on a massive, multi billion pound project, where the guy in charge shoe horned his wife into a made up role, and they turned the whole thing into a pathetic wee surrogate family. Its honestly one of the most small time things ive ever bore witness to.

There appears to be an alarmingly high number of couples, or at least one person in a couple, who think that they should do absolutely everything together, or at least as much as they can. Not only do they not get that having your own time is healthy for individuals and relationships, they actually seem to think it's bad and somehow a negative reflection on them and the relationship.

Part of the reason I knew it wasn't working my ex (yes, yes, a long, long time ago etc) was because she wanted to do everything together and got a bit upset when I wasn't up for something and just wanted a bit of time for myself to chill. It was a bit stifling at times, and she wasn't even a psycho or indeed all that bad with it. She just didn't seem to understand why it wasn't great to always be together and why I sometimes wanted time alone.

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Rugster said:

I used to work on a massive, multi billion pound project, where the guy in charge shoe horned his wife into a made up role, and they turned the whole thing into a pathetic wee surrogate family. Its honestly one of the most small time things ive ever bore witness to.

Donald Trump Water GIF by Election 2016

There's two couples where I work. One are married, the wife is the husbands boss and they do absolutely everything together. Cycle in, go for lunch, share an office space. They barely talk though.

The other don't live together, barely see each other at work and then - apparently - go to different houses and spend all night playing on the xBox with one another on Call of Duty or whatever. She has recently taken to (and this blows my mind) watching Netflix on Facetime with her man's best friend. He admitted this to me and I have no fucking idea what is going on there. 

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

The Civil Service is the biggest marriage bureau in the world. But if I had a business brain I'd have set up a divorce advice bureau in all the big offices.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's two couples where I work. One are married, the wife is the husbands boss and they do absolutely everything together. Cycle in, go for lunch, share an office space. They barely talk though.

The other don't live together, barely see each other at work and then - apparently - go to different houses and spend all night playing on the xBox with one another on Call of Duty or whatever. She has recently taken to (and this blows my mind) watching Netflix on Facetime with her man's best friend. He admitted this to me and I have no fucking idea what is going on there. 

Definitely sounds like they’re part of a swingers network.

Keep us updated.

(I’m free Tuesday and Thursday evenings apropos of nothing)