Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

The daily working day update is dreadful. Always say the exact same as others above “fine”, then have to sit and listen for about half an hour about how Linda from Accounts did something annoying. Also get the same as others have mentioned where she just says a name of some random work colleague as if I remember/give a f**k who they are (I never, ever do).

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I actually posted my address on here by mistake once anyway.  Not that it bothers me - any posters would be welcome to pop in for a cup of tea. 

Not if the house is in that state...

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Not if the house is in that state...

Missus spends about 2 hours cleaning before the cleaners come. They say it’s their favourite cleaning job as the place is so clean and tidy before they start. This could be an ITYPD but I’m immune to it now.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:
I'm with Mrs 19QOS here. Get it painted! 

I want to paint it!! I'm not doing it with her standing criticising though.

Mines usually has the decency to wait till I’m finished to kick off. Finished papering a room once, (flowery paper) I stood back all proud and in she walked, took a look and said “that paper is upside down” she was right as well

Missus spends about 2 hours cleaning before the cleaners come. They say it’s their favourite cleaning job as the place is so clean and tidy before they start. This could be an ITYPD but I’m immune to it now.

You mean your cleaners clean other peoples houses? I bet they don’t even live in the staff quarters of the manor?! Countries gone to the bloody dogs!

27 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Mines usually has the decency to wait till I’m finished to kick off. Finished papering a room once, (flowery paper) I stood back all proud and in she walked, took a look and said “that paper is upside down” she was right as well

Imagine complaining the paper is upside down.

Some women can split hairs

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

On decorating. We've been here for 2 years now and the place still isn't fully decorated. We did the livingroom a few months back and although it was pretty pain free she still made the odd comment about how much of a mess I apparently make*. I told her if she kept commenting she would be doing it herself. Thankfully that shut her up.

The other week I was doing some edging in another room and she came in and started her shite. I ignored it so long and finally had enough. Took all the stuff and put it in the sink. Told her I was done with the decorating; she can live with a half decorated house because I'm officially finished with it. So she can do it herself or pay someone to do it, and when I say she can pay, I mean her. Not a joint payment. I refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I'm actually still livid thinking about it now but I can't be fucked with her criticism. A few days after that she got the paint out and was out edging. Just the kitchen/dining room for her to do now :D

* I'm not a professional, but I'll make as much "mess" as any normal person. As I've said before, she's definitely on the OCD spectrum so any slight thing she notices. Even if no one else does.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Get some decent brushes, paint and rollers and that's more than half the battle won. You'll get much better stuff that will make  so much less mess if you go to a little trade shop than somewhere like B&Q. Get some decent tunes on, plenty of drugs, alcohol, tobacco and coffee, barricade yourself in and you'll find the time flies by as you paint. 

image.png.c4f4513b884ac1527162896858a16d30.png

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

You mean your cleaners clean other peoples houses? I bet they don’t even live in the staff quarters of the manor?! Countries gone to the bloody dogs!

Dreading what will happen post-Brexit. Who will come round to clean, do the gardening, collect the laundry etc when the current mob suffer the inevitable burnout or delusions of grandeur and start learning English and going to college? 

Her: “we should go away for a week, I found a good deal.”

Me: “we just spent £200 on a fucking vet bill...let’s leave it.”

*4 hours later*

Her: “so I booked us a hotel for 3 nights away.”

Every fucking time.

*4 hours later*

Every fucking time.

Don’t see the problem, if you can afford it spend it, you can’t take it with you

*4 hours later*

Every fucking time.

Don’t see the problem, if you can afford it spend it, you can’t take it with you