Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 1/19/2019 at 17:25, mizfit said:

Her: “we should go away for a week, I found a good deal.”

Me: “we just spent £200 on a fucking vet bill...let’s leave it.”

*4 hours later*

Her: “so I booked us a hotel for 3 nights away.”

Every fucking time.

Sounds like the simplest solution would be to stop taking your pets to the vet.

Anybody else have a wife who seems to prefer taking stuff back to trying stuff on in clothes shops?

Apparently it's easier to try stuff on at home and just return clothes that don't fit.

Sadly for me my wife buys stuff from Primark and M&S which don't trade in Falkirk and as my wife doesn't drive you can see where this is going.

what infuriates me with my bint is putting food in the microwave for later. later never comes!

i always make meals in bulk and then freeze portions. i take what i think is enough food on my plate and occasionally go back for seconds. thats not the way she operates. no she piles her plate so she cant finish it but for some reason puts the leftovers in the microwave for later.

of couse she never actually gets round to eating this, mainly as she is wasting other food, and therefore this mug (me) has to scrape it in the bin.

id give her a boot to the pie but shee would just think half of its for the microwave

Quite a few of the older guys I’ve worked with over the years, have their wives take complete control of their pay every week/month. These guys have earned decent money their entire lives and have no idea how much money they’ve got.

One of them who worked on his family’s fishing boats then offshore for 30 years, has never used a bank card or cash machine in his life. He had to phone his daughter to take him to the bank to pay a bill, while his wife was away for a few days. They asked for his bank card in the branch and when he rummaged through his wallet to find it, it had expired 3 years earlier and had never been activated. The replacement was sitting in a drawer somewhere at his house. He always just kept cash in his wallet and said when he needed more, he’d ask his wife.

Mental behaviour in this day and age.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Quite a few of the older guys I’ve worked with over the years, have their wives take complete control of their pay every week/month. These guys have earned decent money their entire lives and have no idea how much money they’ve got.

One of them who worked on his family’s fishing boats then offshore for 30 years, has never used a bank card or cash machine in his life. He had to phone his daughter to take him to the bank to pay a bill, while his wife was away for a few days. They asked for his bank card in the branch and when he rummaged through his wallet to find it, it had expired 3 years earlier and had never been activated. The replacement was sitting in a drawer somewhere at his house. He always just kept cash in his wallet and said when he needed more, he’d ask his wife.

Mental behaviour in this day and age.

I can relate to most of this. Wouldn’t say it’s mental behaviour, slightly odd maybe yes

5 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I can relate to most of this. Wouldn’t say it’s mental behaviour, slightly odd maybe yes

No, it’s utterly fucking mental. How can you be so lacking in brain cells and responsibility that you can’t handle having your own money. Absolutely baffling that some grown men have the mental capacity of children and think it’s normal.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No, it’s utterly fucking mental. How can you be so lacking in brain cells and responsibility that you can’t handle having your own money. Absolutely baffling that some grown men have the mental capacity of children and think it’s normal.

I would have to concur here.

I understand if folk are shite at it and need help, and there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but to just give over all of your pay to your wife or whoever is crazy stuff. Again, there's nothing wrong with having the wife etc do the banking, but you should know what goes on how to do it yourself should you need to.

What even is 'doing the banking' now anyway?! 

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It might be utterly fucking mental to you. It suits these guys. I don't really see what the problem is.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

What happens if their wives go away for a week? Or die?

Just curl up into the foetal position and wait for death.

That would be their problem, then. 

I'm sure there would be a solution available.

17 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Anybody else have a wife who seems to prefer taking stuff back to trying stuff on in clothes shops?

Apparently it's easier to try stuff on at home and just return clothes that don't fit.

Sadly for me my wife buys stuff from Primark and M&S which don't trade in Falkirk and as my wife doesn't drive you can see where this is going.

My missus is a nightmare for this. She either buys it, takes it home, tries it on and decides, or spends hours looking, picks up a few things she likes, then puts them back because she can't be bothered trying it on to see if it fits.

Fortunately she has started doing the majority of her clothes shopping online now. The only downside to that is when something has to be returned, I have to drop it off at the post office.

Assuming their wages/salary is paid directly into the primary account and all bills are paid by direct debit/standing order, things would continue much as before I'd imagine.

If the account was in their wife's name it would complicate things, I suppose.

I'm sure the bank could help, and there might be a willing relative to take over. Basically all he'd have to do is sign his bank card, get a PIN and use the hole in the wall, Not ideal, I grant you, but it's not something I'd get exercised about myself, if that's the way people are comfortable living, so be it.

My wife has absolutely no idea how much money we have or how much any of her bills are etc. We get paid into the same bank then I give us both money to spend for the month, put money in a bills account, put some in a savings account and put some into a food and petrol account. She loves it that way as she will spend all of her money in the first 2 weeks but knows she has nothing to worry about. She is an absolute nightmare with money though and we would be forever skint if we didn't work it this way.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’re quite right in that it has no impact on me so doesn’t bother me. Still thinks it’s mental to need someone else running your life for you.

Probably takes a lot of stress and strain out of running it themselves.

I put aside money every week for the phone and electric bills. Then when the bills land I give the money to my wife to pay them. She's quite happy with this arrangement,  as she knows the money will be there every quarter to pay these bills, whereas if I gave her the phone and electric money every week when it came to bill time it wouldn't be there.

I'd imagine a lot of marriages work like this to a certain extent, after all it is a partnership and one partner i.e. me is better at saving than the other. Having said that she's a wizard at buying Christmas presents, starting in January/February and buying bits and pieces throughout the year. Trouble is, she forgets where she hides them, but that's another topic.