Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I didn’t even get pocket money

This was a regular thing with fishermen, hilarious to watch. If they hadn’t done it they’d have had nothing to live on.  When we went all fancy and got paid straight into the bank, instead of cash, the amount of lads that went beserk was unreal, their wives hadn’t a clue exactly how much they earned. 

My old man was involved in running the social club of a well known engineering firm back in the 70's. At the time, it was a "men only" club and the wives weren't allowed in. He reckons that when they finally changed and opened it to all, it probably caused more domestics than any other event in history. All of a sudden the wives got to know each other and found out what all the other husbands had said they were earning!

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I didn’t even get pocket money

This was a regular thing with fishermen, hilarious to watch. If they hadn’t done it they’d have had nothing to live on.  When we went all fancy and got paid straight into the bank, instead of cash, the amount of lads that went beserk was unreal, their wives hadn’t a clue exactly how much they earned. 

The hilarious thing is that generation of people are the ones who routinely tell young folk they've got it easy and everything gets put on a plate for them when they're staggering around like pish stained jakeys waiting on their wives to tell them how much of their wages they can have. Minter doesn't cover it.

At Alexanders coachbuilders, seemingly one year they were offered 2 options for the pay rise. The higher one, but they would uave to get it paid into accounts, orbthe lower one but retain weekly cash packets.

The guy who told me this was tight as fucl and was still (decades later) seething that the lads picked the lower rise to comtinue concealing their wage [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

My old man was involved in running the social club of a well known engineering firm back in the 70's. At the time, it was a "men only" club and the wives weren't allowed in. He reckons that when they finally changed and opened it to all, it probably caused more domestics than any other event in history. All of a sudden the wives got to know each other and found out what all the other husbands had said they were earning!

It never bothered me and never quite understood why you would be so deceitful towards your wife 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

At Alexanders coachbuilders, seemingly one year they were offered 2 options for the pay rise. The higher one, but they would uave to get it paid into accounts, orbthe lower one but retain weekly cash packets.

The guy who told me this was tight as fucl and was still (decades later) seething that the lads picked the lower rise to comtinue concealing their wage emoji23.png

:lol: 

i have never opened a pay packet in all my working life, she even got every penny of paffle money

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I know guys now who have as much backbone as that and it wouldn't surprise me if their wife controls the money even today.

It's not a matter of backbone, it's the wife being responsible, getting enough to pay the rent, electricity, coal, feed and clothe the youngsters etc. Some (men) are/were totally irresponsible in such matters and would have drunk/gambled it all before they got home on payday. Similarly, Family Allowance was paid to the mother, to ensure she had some money.

I quite often passed the works van when I was going home on a Friday night, and it was parked outside The Pot Bar, could still have been there on Saturday morning.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's not a matter of backbone, it's the wife being responsible, getting enough to pay the rent, electricity, coal, feed and clothe the youngsters etc. Some (men) are/were totally irresponsible in such matters and would have drunk/gambled it all before they got home on payday. Similarly, Family Allowance was paid to the mother, to ensure she had some money.

I quite often passed the works van when I was going home on a Friday night, and it was parked outside The Pot Bar, could still have been there on Saturday morning.

Bad wording from myself regarding the "backbone" comment that was more referring to 2019 men who shit their trousers at the mere mention of the love of their life.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

On decorating. We've been here for 2 years now and the place still isn't fully decorated. We did the livingroom a few months back and although it was pretty pain free she still made the odd comment about how much of a mess I apparently make*. I told her if she kept commenting she would be doing it herself. Thankfully that shut her up.

The other week I was doing some edging in another room and she came in and started her shite. I ignored it so long and finally had enough. Took all the stuff and put it in the sink. Told her I was done with the decorating; she can live with a half decorated house because I'm officially finished with it. So she can do it herself or pay someone to do it, and when I say she can pay, I mean her. Not a joint payment. I refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I'm actually still livid thinking about it now but I can't be fucked with her criticism. A few days after that she got the paint out and was out edging. Just the kitchen/dining room for her to do now :D

* I'm not a professional, but I'll make as much "mess" as any normal person. As I've said before, she's definitely on the OCD spectrum so any slight thing she notices. Even if no one else does.

I'm with Mrs 19QOS here. Get it painted! 

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

For anyone who is isn't familiar with the Red Dead Redemption thread, this is humorously known as "the witness trail"

My daughter got me GTA5 for Christmas and it's already a cause of marital strife. "Are you coming to bed?". "Yes" will say I. "I just need to drop off this submarine" (not a euph). 30 mins later I'm shooting stray dogs or delivering lost souls to the Altruistic cult in the mountains. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I want to paint it!! I'm not doing it with her standing criticising though.

This is what gets my goat, too. Anybody else does it, not a word. I do it, there's a list of complaints the length of my arm.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I want to paint it!! I'm not doing it with her standing criticising though.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Stop making a c*nting mess, then.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

This is what gets my goat, too. Anybody else does it, not a word. I do it, there's a list of complaints the length of my arm.

Get some decent brushes, paint and rollers and that's more than half the battle won. You'll get much better stuff that will make  so much less mess if you go to a little trade shop than somewhere like B&Q. Get some decent tunes on, plenty of drugs, alcohol, tobacco and coffee, barricade yourself in and you'll find the time flies by as you paint. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Get some decent brushes, paint and rollers and that's more than half the battle won. You'll get much better stuff that will make  so much less mess if you go to a little trade shop than somewhere like B&Q. Get some decent tunes on, plenty of drugs, alcohol, tobacco and coffee, barricade yourself in and you'll find the time flies by as you paint. 

We've all seen your stairs, Jackson Pollock

Guest bernardblack
I'm always in the hoose from work before my missus, she then gets in and after about 10 mins she goes "how was your day", I reply almost the same every single time "ayeee was alright, bit busy", she then waits for me to ask her the same question, if I don't she replies almost every single time "my day was fine, thanks for asking". Now this might be nice for some people that your other half asks how your day was but for me it's fucking annoying as most of the time she blabbers  on for 10 mins about what happened in her stressful day.
In other news, last night I was informed that Donna from her work (the woman she introduced me to last year who I have no idea who she is but nod as if I do) is preggers, WHO CARES WOMAN!

100% this. If asked I reply with a “fine, bit busy cheers” as the last thing I’m talking about is work at home.

On the other hand.......could talk for weeks about how there was a shortage of mugs in the work kitchen