Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Refuses to just put things in their place. Have a little key dish in the hall, but today went to get my keys to go to work and they’re not there. She’s in the shower so I spend 10 mins searching the flat, then when she gets out and I ask it turns out they’re in her jacket pocket for some inexplicable reason. 
How fucking difficult is it to just put them in the dish when you come through the door?
We have a very specific place to hang all our keys, put up by her. Guaranteed at any one time 3 out of the 4 sets of keys for our cars will be distributed between her handbag and jacket pockets.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

This reminds me of a hotel stay in Rome where the room had a clear glass door to the bathroom. Not nice.

At the Holiday Inn at Watford, the bathroom door opens inwards 90 degrees and shuts in the toilet cubicle.

The trouble is, one of the walls between the toilet and shower is glass bricks, so much for privacy. 

Guest bernardblack

Never uses the wee sticky tab for the loaf of bread....”nah it doesn’t keep the bread any fresher”

Okay I’m sure ALL the bread companies are wrong 

15 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

At the Holiday Inn at Watford, the bathroom door opens inwards 90 degrees and shuts in the toilet cubicle.

The trouble is, one of the walls between the toilet and shower is glass bricks, so much for privacy. 

Disabled access rooms are even better for that. Toilet in the big open shower room, big open doorway with no door, occasionally windows or just open holes facing outwards into the bedroom. Perfect for voyeur/watersports orgies.

According to a mate.

5 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

When we’re away staying at a hotel, she demands I go for my morning shite at the reception/bar

Reminds me of a story about one of my mates.  Staying at a hotel overnight, and they discovered that the toilet flush was broken in their bathroom. He needs a shite, and instead of going to the toilets at reception, decides to just shite in the toilet in the room, meaning she has to get ready for the night out with his shite poking out the water. 

They broke up shortly after.

All doors have to be locked. All the time. Because, well, just because. 

Then leaves keys in the door so that when I come home, I can't open the fuckin door. 

Yet, somehow its still my fault she's had to get up to come open the door. 

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'm frankly amazed that Mrs DOTL hasn't introduced you to the little brush that sits on the floor by the lavvie.

I take it she's just using your toothbrush to remove your...detritus.

Mine won’t use toilet brushes as she thinks they are single use and a waste.

Wipe away the skid mark and then you need to chuck it, ‘cause it’s got shite on it.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tom and Jerry style violence is the only acceptable response

He had an absolute fucking mare with the tea yesterday. I made a pot of green curry during the day and when he got home told him to put some rice on and that'd be that.

First issue was the pan above.

Problem was he followed it up by coming through to the living room to sit for 10mins because he was seething, left the curry on and burnt it as well.

14 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Refuses to just put things in their place. Have a little key dish in the hall, but today went to get my keys to go to work and they’re not there. She’s in the shower so I spend 10 mins searching the flat, then when she gets out and I ask it turns out they’re in her jacket pocket for some inexplicable reason. 

How fucking difficult is it to just put them in the dish when you come through the door?

Since WFH became regular we got a desk with 2 drawers, one each.

Every day in life since.

Have you seen my lap top charger?

In the desk drawer.

Where is my work phone charger?

In the desk drawer

I can't find my own phone charger, have you seen it?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye but don't keep us hanging.  Where the f**k was it?  

Beside her hair drier is my guess...

The hair dryer and tongs use up a double plug in the bedroom. Like everyone else I know this because I get a call about twice a week to check she's switched them off.