Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

As long as you hum louder than the fridge when you're in the kitchen you'll never notice it.

The problem is we have an open layout so it's not just irritating in the kitchen - I can now hear it above the TV if I listen hard enough.  And, of course, I do. 

14 hours ago, hk blues said:

The problem is we have an open layout so it's not just irritating in the kitchen - I can now hear it above the TV if I listen hard enough.  And, of course, I do. 

Tell her it can't be that bad if you can still hear her moaning over it.

You won't have to listen to her or it during the 6 weeks minimum you'll spend in hospital as a result

On 06/09/2023 at 09:46, hk blues said:

My complaint is about her batshit comments about what I should've asked.  

Women are really bad for this. Always "you should say this", "you should ask that" "I would say this"

Funny how the tune changes when you say you're happy for them to deal with it in that case

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It IS absolute bollocks, agreed.

I liked the look of the trailer, agreed to watch it, By the end of the season I wanted to sack it. on the last season now it's wild how bad the acting, plot and twists are.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

You got further than me.  I did S1, and either 1 or 2 of S2 before bailing.

You should see how wild it has got by 4.

I am in it now to see how it finishes but f**k me.

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

It can be a bit shite being single sometimes but reading through this thread knocks any feelings like that on the head. Much appreciated lads you’re doing the lords work 

Agree with that,  the amount of people who spend ages moaning about those they choose to spend a life with makes me easily think f**k that. 

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Agree with that,  the amount of people who spend ages moaning about those they choose to spend a life with makes me easily think f**k that. 

It is the ITYPD thread after all, are you expecting to read how great married life is? 

It does have its compensations and If you can wait a bit I'm sure I can think of some. 

Not so much infuriating as downright stupid.

Carrying on from the fridge hum fiasco, the technician popped in yesterday for a look.  I say popped in for a look because he had no intention of actually doing anything other than saying the hum was normal as was the water in the drip tray.  Buy an AVR was his only practical advice.  We already have an AVR so I tested it out and it was fine.  Unfortunately, due to location I had to drill a 3" square hole in a concrete sink unit (9' thick concrete) which took the best part of 2 hours.  Which brings me to the opening statement - I was not able to see my progress so asked the wife to check if I was coming through - this resulted in a scream and much ado.  Rather than simply look into the hole (settle down Kenneth) she decided she would stick her finger in it - whilst I was still drilling.  Still, at least I know I had broken through so every cloud.

Incidentally, the AVR solution ultimately didn't work.  

10 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Women are really bad for this. Always "you should say this", "you should ask that" "I would say this"

Funny how the tune changes when you say you're happy for them to deal with it in that case

Mine apparently can't make a telephone call herself so always gets me to do it, then starts talking over the person on the other end with instructions of the exact wording i should use. I've started just saying "here, my wife wants to speak to you" and passing the phone over. 

55 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Mine apparently can't make a telephone call herself so always gets me to do it, then starts talking over the person on the other end with instructions of the exact wording i should use. I've started just saying "here, my wife wants to speak to you" and passing the phone over. 

Hands up...I do that.  I think my wife secretly likes it despite her outward displays of anger each time it happens.  

9 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

It can be a bit shite being single sometimes but reading through this thread knocks any feelings like that on the head. Much appreciated lads you’re doing the lords work 

I'm single and this thread makes me think f**k accomodating another adult in my life.

12 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Because that would completely go against their raison d'etre of avoiding responsibility and transferring blame...

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I'm single and this thread makes me think f**k accomodating another adult in my life.

Ach, you'd be champion as your partner would, presumably, be male. It's the women you've got to look out for as this thread confirms. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Ach, you'd be champion as your partner would, presumably, be male. It's the women you've got to look out for as this thread confirms. 

I'm not fussy, I'll take either. Or more I won't.