Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes, this is true.  However, why do washing machines in the UK have both a hot and cold inlet (red and blue hoses) if the machine is heating the water?  When I was living in Hong Kong there was only the one inlet.

Newer UK machines are cold fill only.

On 11/26/2017 at 01:07, Gordopolis said:

For some reason I just searched for mangoworm. Skin f*cking crawling - not even interested in finishing my beer.
Not sure what I expected really. Maybe a nice smoothie recipe?

I quite like those mangoworm vids but also always enjoyed Dr Pimple Popper's work and they're on a similar theme. 

On 24/11/2017 at 18:09, Cerberus said:

She buys brown bread rather than white.

Brown bread is shite. It tastes shite and it looks shite.

Brown bread is what bread should be. White bread is for three year olds.

On 26/11/2017 at 03:00, GiGi said:

I don't have a dishwasher and probably won't have as long as I'm living in my current flat. My burd is shite at doing the dishes. Laughably bad to the point I ask her not to do them but she insists. I routinely take plates, cups, pots, pans the lot out of cupboards, shake my head and wash them again properly before using them. 

If you're not going to actually clean stuff then don't waste the  fucking Fairy Liquid!

If she can't do something as simple as wash a dish then I'd seriously question her personal hygiene. I bet her fanny fucking reeks.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Brown bread is what bread should be. White bread is for three year olds.

If she can't do something as simple as wash a dish then I'd seriously question her personal hygiene. I bet her fanny fucking reeks.

:lol: harsh

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Newer UK machines are cold fill only.

I see.  It's been a while since i've been there.  Out of interest, does this mean washing machine technology has changed to heat the water itself rather than use already heated water?

Washing dishes by hand is nasty.
Heavy chunks of food that were left on a plate floating about and using the same lukewater to wash a pot with gravy to wash cups and glasses.
Gie's me the boak.

Glassware always gets washed first in the cleanest water! All I learned from first year home economics.

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Heavy chunks of food that were left on a plate floating about and using the same lukewater to wash a pot with gravy to wash cups and glasses.

Gie's me the boak.

Only utter minks use a sink or basin full of water to wash dishes. A horrendous practice and one I've never understood.

17 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Gie's me the boak.

Just because you're too lazy to scrape the dishes clean doesn't mean everyone is.  Do you wash the dishes in the dishwasher with chunks of food on them?  

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Only utter minks use a sink or basin full of water to wash dishes. A horrendous practice and one I've never understood.

This by a mile, same with the clowns that don't scrape their plates clean before going near the sink, utterly bogging seeing wet chunks of food lying in the sink needing scraped out

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Forgive me here but if you don't have a dishwasher how else should you wash dishes? In the shower?

Under a (hot) running tap. No need for sinks or basins full of nasty dirty water.

Just done the dishes in a basin, like a mink apparently. Water still scalding hot and not a single floater left in the basin. Took less than the length of a song to wash and dry , no checking that everything had actually been cleaned or that a piece of dirt from one item hadn't just been transferred to another item then heat hardened onto it.
Had a dishwasher in the flat we rent out , don't have one in my house . 3 years in and have never felt the need for one and don't have any weird phobias that make me feel like machine washing my crockery is any cleaner than hand washing it . Also don't have a single glass in the house that has that lovely tarnished and scratched dishwasher look.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Under a (hot) running tap. No need for sinks or basins full of nasty dirty water.

Huge amount of energy and water waste doing that. Wash the dishes in a basin and then rinse off the "nasty dirty water" with the running tap quickly before drying if you must. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Huge amount of energy and water waste doing that. Wash the dishes in a basin and then rinse off the "nasty dirty water" with the running tap quickly before drying if you must. 

No. As discussed using a basin or the sink full of water is vile.