Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 hours ago, smpar said:

I’ve been meaning to buy a bottle of gin for the house for a few weeks now. I’d never been a huge fan of it, but I’ve got a bit of a taste for it recently and had a couple of nights out on gin only and haven’t felt too rough the next day.

Any suggestions? Should I stick to Gordon’s/BS or are the dearer brands worth the extra few quid?

You should snort it.  

9 hours ago, smpar said:

Cheers, lads.

I can’t really do tonic water in gin tbh, it’s lemonade I like it with though that is probably seriously frowned upon my the avid gin drinker (not naming any names).

Are you me? I've also recently acquired a taste for gin and also can't take tonic water in it, lemonade being my choice.  Know what you mean about the hangovers, I would normally move onto rum on a night out but since I've started having gin instead I don't feel anywhere near as bad.  I'm a bit annoyed that I've not been drinking gin for longer than this.

I don't particularly like proper gin, but sloe gin on the other hand is really nice. Tonic water is vile stuff though, why anyone would want to drink that's beyond me.

I’ve been meaning to buy a bottle of gin for the house for a few weeks now. I’d never been a huge fan of it, but I’ve got a bit of a taste for it recently and had a couple of nights out on gin only and haven’t felt too rough the next day.

Any suggestions? Should I stick to Gordon’s/BS or are the dearer brands worth the extra few quid?

Got a taste for the stuff at the start of the year. Folk can suggest stuff but it's entirely down to you what you like. I've probably tried well over 20 gins now. I tend to order a new one when I'm out so I know if it's worth buying a bottle. They're too expensive to take punt on IMO.

Gordons is where I started, and still enjoys but I've a few other bottle in the house now and have an Edinburgh Gin coming at Xmas (probably more as well as I've just said to folk to buy me Gin).

Give the flavoured ones a go. Some of them are incredible. I couldn't drink them all night though.

FWIW, I think Tanqueray and Hendricks are bogging but others love them. As Bert Racooon said, Aldi's own is excellent. Well worth the £15. My brother said Lidl's own was nice and was just the same as Gordons. I was for throwing the bottle at his head when I bought it. Gad.

The mixer is crucial as well. When I had a good mixer my Mrs would make me a drink and I knew exactly what the Gin was. With the cheap mixer they all tasted the same.

Gordon's for me. I think it's the best over every other brand. Even the obscenely expensive makes. That's just my opinion. 
I never liked him until very recently but it' very refreshing and a nice change IMO 

Have you given bitter lemon a go? Gin and bitter is more refreshing than a cold cider on a summer's day. Lovely. Goes down a bit too easy though.

Apologies folks but I'm sure bigdel6cans will be happy this thread is no longer being incorrectly used to point out the infuriating things our partners do...

Have you given bitter lemon a go? Gin and bitter is more refreshing than a cold cider on a summer's day. Lovely. Goes down a bit too easy though.

Apologies folks but I'm sure bigdel6cans will be happy this thread is no longer being incorrectly used to point out the infuriating things our partners do...

I havnt to be honest, it's the drink of choice for my mother however so will give it a festive bash over the holidays

As students, my friends (yes, actually had a group of friends) and I would sometimes experiment with different booze evenings (rather than the usual cocktail of wine, beer, vodka, drugs etc). Buckfast night always ended in an aggressive shambles and gin night always ended with morose folk crying on the landing and staircase. I should have done science rather than a layabout subject. 

Cheers, lads.

I can’t really do tonic water in gin tbh, it’s lemonade I like it with though that is probably seriously frowned upon my the avid gin drinker (not naming any names).

I’ve not read the rest so someone might have already suggested, but I’d get a flavoured gin (Edinburgh gin do some tremendous ones) with a wee bit lemonade. I’ve been known to drink a whole bottle of the raspberry one (with lemonade) over the course of an evening.

As students, my friends (yes, actually had a group of friends) and I would sometimes experiment with different booze evenings (rather than the usual cocktail of wine, beer, vodka, drugs etc). Buckfast night always ended in an aggressive shambles and gin night always ended with morose folk crying on the landing and staircase. I should have done science rather than a layabout subject. 

My bird can't drink gin, guaranteed recipe for tears and snotters.

Drink buckfast before you go out then gin when you’re out. You’ll end up with another black eye and crying about it.