Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Gin.  Fucking gin.

*sigh*

I remember the glory days when this thread was about dishwashers.

If the mothers weren't ruined on gin they wouldn't need dishwashers - It's all linked.

Bitter lemon rather than tonic with gin is far better.

Edited by MEADOWXI

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Edinburgh Gin do a tasty raspberry liquer thing. Only about 30% but very tasty to wash down your beers etc. 

The Rhubard and Ginger one is nice as well.  We had the vanilla and plum one our for New Years last year....think the bottle made it to 10pm!

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

And the rest. She knew how to welcome the fishing fleet home. 

Ha ha ha poor nana 

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

My bird can't drink gin, guaranteed recipe for tears and snotters.

Works the opposite with my wife,  tears and snotters until she gets a gin

Despite the headlines it's not my first choice...I prefer a good red wine or a bottle case of London Pride....but my current 'friend' likes a G&T and I bought a bottle of Tanquery 10 a few weeks ago and it's about the best I've tried.  Not a perfumey as many.   The wee tins of Schweppes tonic (the big bottles go flat quickly) and a quarter of a lime make for a decent drink.

Tanqueray 10 and the russian Schweppes asda knock of stuff is perfect together. (Only because i cant get Schweppes russian any more)
Oh and tanqueray rangpour is even better than 10

31 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Tanqueray 10 and the russian Schweppes asda knock of stuff is perfect together. (Only because i cant get Schweppes russian any more)
Oh and tanqueray rangpour is even better than 10

This is a bit of a throwback.  When I came to London for Uni in 1981 I was seeing a girl who drank gin and Russian which was some sort of pink mixer alternative to tonic.  I often got laughed at because I pronounced 'Russian' with 3 syllables (as is normal for Scots) whereas English people tend to pronounce it with 2 syllables.

I'd never heard of the mixer since the 80s until now but I see there's some mixer call 'Russchian' available.  Is it the same thing?

This is a bit of a throwback.  When I came to London for Uni in 1981 I was seeing a girl who drank gin and Russian which was some sort of pink mixer alternative to tonic.  I often got laughed at because I pronounced 'Russian' with 3 syllables (as is normal for Scots) whereas English people tend to pronounce it with 2 syllables.
I'd never heard of the mixer since the 80s until now but I see there's some mixer call 'Russchian' available.  Is it the same thing?

3 syllables? I pronounce it with 2: 'rush-in'. How is it pronounced with 3? I've genuinely never heard it pronounced any other way than the way I've written it there.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 syllables? I pronounce it with 2: 'rush-in'. How is it pronounced with 3? I've genuinely never heard it pronounced any other way than the way I've written it there.

Agreed.  I can only assume the 3 syllable pronunciation would be rush-y-in?  I've never heard it said that way though.

That’s it. Kinky has outed himself as Bob. Crampsey as he’s the only Scotsman 8ve ever heard pronouncing Russian with three syllables.

f**k, I’ve just spoiled this in another thread. Sorry.

I often got laughed at because I pronounced 'Russian' with 3 syllables (as is normal for Scots) whereas English people tend to pronounce it with 2 syllables.

Are you Elaine C Smith?

I’ve been meaning to buy a bottle of gin for the house for a few weeks now. I’d never been a huge fan of it, but I’ve got a bit of a taste for it recently and had a couple of nights out on gin only and haven’t felt too rough the next day.

Any suggestions? Should I stick to Gordon’s/BS or are the dearer brands worth the extra few quid?

I drink Tanqueray or Gordon's usually though I tend to use gin for cocktails more than gin and tonic though. My wife usually has a few fancier bottles on the go as an alternative (Eden Mill and Coarunn at the moment) which seem nice, but she pretty much exclusively drinks gin and swears by Gordon's. The raspberry liqueur mentioned above is quite nice. A measure of that topped up with sparkling wine makes a decent alternative to a Bellini. But go with Gordon's if you are just wanting a bottle for the house.