Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

No. As discussed using a basin or the sink full of water is vile.

I know it's not a well known technique when washing dishes in a basin but I like to fill it with near boiling water to kill germs and then I put in a wee secret ingredient called detergent. Apparently this separates out and isolates all the dirt and grease from the clean water thus stopping it from attaching itself to anything.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If everyone left their taps running whilst they did their dishes it probably would. You should thank the basin/sink crew.

Never. They are my avowed enemy

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Under a (hot) running tap. No need for sinks or basins full of nasty dirty water.

This might sound disgusting, but where I am we have no running hot water.  So, my wife washes the dishes under cold running water using detergent.  I'm still alive, and there are 104 million other fuckers here doing the same with no apparent problems.  

25 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This might sound disgusting, but where I am we have no running hot water.  So, my wife washes the dishes under cold running water using detergent.  I'm still alive, and there are 104 million other fuckers here doing the same with no apparent problems.  

As long as its not in a basin or sink full of water then I don't see the issue

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

I know it's not a well known technique when washing dishes in a basin but I like to fill it with near boiling water to kill germs and then I put in a wee secret ingredient called detergent. Apparently this separates out and isolates all the dirt and grease from the clean water thus stopping it from attaching itself to anything.

DA Baracus considers that witchcraft.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

While I'm on the subject, is waste water really an issue in a country where it rains 265 days per year? I can't see how leaving a tap running is going to have any effect on water levels or Council Tax in this country. Elsewhere, yes, but not here.

I thought this too. 

On 11/26/2017 at 18:24, whiskychimp said:

I'm not desperate for her to go and stay at her mum's but once she's said "Im going," I've already planned out my next two hours. TV, bit of scran, maybe a beer. Me time.

Two hours later she hasn't moved. Don't tell me you're going until you are actually going.

This x 1000.  Similarly if she tells me she has plans for a Saturday with her mates in about 6 weeks time I am immediately planning my day.  Either a trip to the football or go see my mates, pub etc.  I'm not sitting around doing nothing just because she is out.  Our weekends tend to be spent together so it's rare to have a free day where I can do whatever I want. 

If it's the other way round? She'll organise nothing and then complain about how bored she is in the house with nothing to do.  How could you not arrange a single thing in over a month? 

While I'm on the subject, is waste water really an issue in a country where it rains 265 days per year? I can't see how leaving a tap running is going to have any effect on water levels or Council Tax in this country. Elsewhere, yes, but not here.

I thought this too. 

In a word - yes. I knew a sneaky b*****d who left his taps on near constantly for a month and the authorities were round his way sharpish thinking there was a major underground leak. His area council even issued drought warnings.

bc6f2e3978331870499032adff495cf6.jpg

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:45, Sweet Pete said:

Brown bread is what bread should be. White bread is for three year olds.

If she can't do something as simple as wash a dish then I'd seriously question her personal hygiene. I bet her fanny fucking reeks.

I'd like to give this post two greenies.

Not even the full Scottish, cappuccino’s or scones can take away the sadness I feel today, being dragged around Xmas shopping . I have however accumulated lots of house points, she’s happy. I’d rather be knee deep in oil but hey ho ho ho

20 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Not even the full Scottish, cappuccino’s or scones can take away the sadness I feel today, being dragged around Xmas shopping . I have however accumulated lots of house points, she’s happy. I’d rather be knee deep in oil but hey ho ho ho

Is this genuinely your life? You don't actually have to act as if you're in a shit sitcom

13 minutes ago, dayman fighter of the nightman said:

Do you not have to rinse your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? Might as well just wash them yourself save the hassle of packing and unpacking!

Even washing them by hand you should be rinsing them beforehand